Turn 6 infinite dmg Warlock

Stealth mech turn 5
Summoning portal + Mechwarper Turn 6
Play Sn1p-sn4p infinite times

How is this fun/balanced???

I would want to buy the Wild packs , but not with these broken mechanics…

1 Like

You need to upload a replay so we can show you your play mistakes , friend.

4 Likes

It is a one sided deck , its a solitaire combo, you cannot do anything against it…unless building a deck specifically against it and drawing excellently… but sure keep thinking it is misplay that the game has broken mechanics…

Actually you not need to make the deck exactly against it but some basic stuff against board ombos are necessary like some decent taunts at least.

1 Like

Mistakes or not, it is understandably frustrating that an infinite damage combo exists in wild as early as turn 6 for every class via SN1P-SN4P.

It basically makes every mech deck potentially an OTK if they ever manage to make a mech stick to the board and you can’t put up enough taunts to keep one from ever being able to hit your health pool.

Even if the player did manage to kill that coppertail imposter, it is somewhat unreasonable to expect most decks to never allow a minion to survive a turn to hit face.

The ability for this kind of thing to happen is why reckless experimentor was nerfed in standard, but they left the combo alive in wild, as they don’t really seem to care if win conditions are fair in that format, only if they are dominating the meta.

Overall, if SN1P-SN4P combos kills are frustrating enough for the OP to complain about on the forums, the wild format is probably not a place they will enjoy for very long, as there are several other decks that pull off things by turn 6 that are unreasonable to counter consistently.

I personally agree that the combo described by the OP is pretty dumb, but that’s why I just avoid the wild format, rather than getting mad about getting destroyed by stuff like that. If it isnt a SN1P-SN4P combo, it’s a big priest high roll, or some other third thing.

Some people enjoy that. I don’t.

4 Likes

Try to play it and you’ll understand it with your own skin.

5 Likes

Destroying a stealthed mech is not a big deal and there are enough disruptive cards in wild to easily break this 4 card combo that needs a specific legendary.

1 Like

Have a taunt on the field and silence/removal in hand. It’s not that hard.

Play around that stuff, also not hard, and silence is worthless on that combo fyi.

Silence works just fine if you have taunts to stop it from hitting face. What else is it going to do? Just sit there and not attack forever?

They don’t play it unless they can otk with it. Silence is worthless.

Only one class have mass silence. Others cannot silence five enormous minions at once.

I am not gonna play a broken / no skill / solitaire deck. It is matter of game design. This combo makes it clear the game is really designed to be a solitaire not an interactive card game, which gives you freedom/choice in deck building.

Yeah, “sour grapes”, I know.

2 Likes

There is nothing sour grapes in not wanting to be a bully, not interested in playing automated gameplay decks (draw these cards, play them on a certain turn and win).
As I noticed many players like mechanics/broken imbalanced combos which ensures whatever they do, their cat running through the keyboard they win.

The Hearthstone devs still seem to be stuck in the MtG Legacy headspace where they believe that Wld players actively desire new ways to break the game in “wild and crazy” ways. They think we want Wild to be UNbalanced, which is why they tiptoe around making even the slightest, most obvious balance adjustments for Wild.

3 Likes

good thing treachery + doomsayer is 5 mana :^)

Which will do what? delay the combo 1-2 more turns till 1 mech token sticks?

well theres always the option of killing them first.

i think he meant you try it to see how often you manage to pull the combo

you seem to think its extremely easy to do it

1 Like