Troublesome news - Mercenaries pack price datamined!

Big shocking news!

Their prices are identical to regular Hearthstone packs.

Thoughts ?

https://outof.cards/hearthstone/3634-how-much-do-hearthstones-mercenaries-packs-cost-are-the-pre-orders-worth-the-price-pricing-details-datamined

Why’d you think they’d be cheaper?

1 Like

because it’s a separate game mode and regular hs is already very expensive as is.

I figured it’d be smart to make packs of a brand new game mode cheaper.

To me it makes sense. Mercenaries isn’t a new game mode, It’s a stand alone game that’s competition with Hearthstone which uses the same universe. So, they incorporate it in the game, to remove that competition. It’s more accessable than releasing a new game. You can either play Hearthstone or play Mercenaries.

This is the design problem. They use the bnet launcher for Hearthstone. Sounds greedy or just incompetent.

Better question, why would you spend money on this poorly balanced game. Every game mode currently completely broken. They can’t balance the game modes they got, why are you spending money on more game modes that they have proven they can’ balance?

3 Likes

I wonder how much stuff will be exclusive to packs. The PvE runs have mercenary coins for rewards at the very least. Maybe there will be mercenaries that are exclusive to the packs, or that could be the only way to get new mercenaries.

Further proof that Hearthstone is a platform, not just a single standalone game.

Nothing inherently wrong with that, but it helps to set one’s perspective straight.

Saw this coming a mile away for me it is just as shocking as the sun rising everyday.
Wellcome to the gacha world.

About as shocking as finding out water is wet.

2 Likes

I feel like putting such a high price tag on a brand new game mode a little bit sickening.

1 Like

i think OP thought it would be more expensive

since it isnt

he has to put more effort into his rant and that is what has him raging

1 Like

what ? am I raging ?

how in the world could you come up to that conclusion ?

I swear some people are really weird.

I’m fine with this, so long as the rewards are similar…and i can progress my characters through PVE without grinding my life away

The more I hear about this mode the less and less I think it will be for me. My gold and disposable hearthstone money is exclusively for the large pre-orders of sets of hearthstone cards and it sounds like I am not going to be able to do very much in this mode with the amount of money and in game currency I’m comfortable with

Thankfully, you don’t have to buy any of those bundles in order to play.

It’s important to remember that they’ve said players will be matched based on comp power, meaning budget players will likely just be up against fellow budget players.

Anyone who’s F2Played a gacha knows it’s plenty possible to enjoy yourself in many of them, so long as you don’t expect to be topping the leaderboards.

Free to play since 2014 and i think this time around Blizzard is realy close to getting my money…
Diablo collab on release is just the tip of the iceberg , gachas allways find a way into my wallet with those limited heros.

1 Like

FTP since 2014?
That is remarkable restraint my man. Not easy to do. You have my full respect.

1 Like

It’s just the diamond frame. Regular Diablo will be am obtainable merc just like all the others.

I’ve got some free merc packs coming my way due to my WoW sub, so I’m leaning towards not preordering anything, especially given how little I still know about the mode.

Yeah a lot of people have commented on there being absolutely no reason for it to be even in actual hearthstone. It causes more problems in the long run being a coupled game. At a bare minimum patching that in addition will now slow things down further.

2 Likes