Top 5 reasons why I uninstalled Hearthstone

Having just uninstalled Hearthstone (and with it, the entire battlenet client: Hearthstone was the last Blizzard game I still played), I thought I’d stop by and give you my top 5 grievances:

1. Rigged matchmaking: the forced 50% winrate, which HS devs consider a point of pride apparently, is utterly abhorrent to me.

2. Pitiful gameplay rewards: and make no mistake, even before the reward track cut them in half, they were already insultingly low.

3. A tiny handful of overpowered cards sucking fun out of every mode of play (some mode-specific, some not, but it’s amazing how much just a few card bans COULD achieve).

4. No blitz mode and no autosquelch: I can’t be bothered waiting 3 minutes for my opponent to execute their 2-mana turn, not after I waited forever to find a match in the first place because the game’s dead. Having to start every_single_match by squelching your opponent manually is tedious beyond belief as well.

5. Unrestrained powercreep: if it weren’t for the classic mode, I would’ve uninstalled long ago. Looking at some of the new cards, I didn’t know whether to laugh or cry.

It’s pathetic what Hearthstone has devolved into. I wish things were different, but it is what it is. Many of the problems were present right from the start but there was always something to offset them; sadly, this is no longer the case. Today’s Hearthstone is all stick and no carrot, and for that reason, I’m out.

8 Likes

I mean… you can quit if you want, but I’m not sure why getting matched with a player of equal skill to you is a bad thing. The rewards track absolutely increased the amount of rewards you get (more free legendaries, epics and gold than ever, and affordable/reasonable options to consistently get more).

You’re entitled to your opinion on the rest, of course.

3 Likes

while 2-3-5 are valid points

if your having 50/50 win rate that mean your iq dont ramp further untill an evoluton occur within…if win rate is equal to 53-55% or above that mean you got more brain power…only top 200 players can keep a consistent win rate of 53-55% or above…for everyone else they eventually get to the point where they reach an average of 50% win rate
OR
second reason you may be stuck at your win rate score is due to using less optimal cards or a deck which is not good(like trying to play fun deck over serious deck will handicap you big time)

so basicly…either you accept your score if your already using serious decks(gotta accept that your not the smartess being around and thats that)…or if your using fun decks…stop complaining and play something serious if you wanna improve your win score

no.4 i refuse…you have to hear my taunting when ya do a wrong play//rng screw you over…if had to choose i’d pick an anti-squelch feature…i’am fully ok to receive taunting in return as well if i’am the one getting screwed over instead…though that doesn’t rile me up like it does for which seem to be a lot of players…only ppl roping can get to my mind…but that also harm themselve in the process :S(gotta be hating rly hard to take such lenght :S)

1 Like

This forum is for people who play Hearthstone.

You uninstalled the game - good-bye.

2 Likes

“Equal skill” lol

That’s like saying “I am very skilled at flipping a coin”.

From reading your post, it seems you actually have no idea how the game is played, how the match works, how to earn proper rewards, and are generally just not cut out for this game.

You did a great thing by quitting!

Cheers!

1 Like

what are you playing now? have you tried MTGA?

I also believe the minisets have been beneficial for f2p its affordable i just hope the power level remains at a competitive level.