Top 4 BG Problem Cards for July 4

My pick for top 4 most game busting infuriating cards in BG.

1 The Tide Razor. This should be lower as its not as op as I think it is but damn I hate this card so much as it seems to have its sights set on making me lose over and over. Its like ratpack where it dies last and then deals absurd damage but instead of 7 from ratpack its 15 from pirates.

Solution: Summoned minions now deal 0 damage. A general rule change for entire BG.

2 Arcane Cannon. Get this early and you cant lose.
Solution: Changed to 0/2.

3 Goldgrub. Too easy to scale this with heroes like hooky and eudora.
Solution: +2/+1 like lightfang or does not count itself.

4 Gentle Megasaur. Should murlocs have a godmode this easy with brann? I say no and have elegant solution.
Solution: Poison is removed as an option for adapt so you can still get poison shield unbeatable murlocs but you have to do it by hand with toxfin.

Happy 4th. Be safe. With your fireworks.

1 Like

I used those cards and still beaten by rushing Patchwerks. The truth is: the faster you level up, the better chance of winning. :slight_smile: Learned this in BG two months ago.

You still care about a beta sub mode? Better stop yelling for nerfs, each tribe is good at one or two things.

While I believe TR is a mediocre minion, I can agree about summons deal 0 damage, or at least 1. It might make games longer, but smoother. I’m divided about it though.

Agreed. Cannon is very strong, with limited downsides. It’s an autopick for early game.

Agreed. (pls revert lightfang blizz)

My solution: Remove gentlesaur and add the 6/5 Dragon which gives DS to all murlocs. While you might get your murlocs tanker easier, now you have to invest more to give poison to everything. Good trade off if you ask me. No more god murlocs with 1 brann & megasaur.

1 Like

No Arcane Cannon should just be tier 3 3/3 3 damage, if it was this weak Pirates can’t have sniping units like Demons and Dragons.

I would like to see summoned minion damage capped by the minion that summoned them. If a rat summons eleventy billion 1/1 the most damage you take is two. If a ship summons super khadgar tier 11 pirates aplenty, you still take max six damage.

Also, I would like to see golden minions do +1 damage. So a golden made from tier 2 minion would be listed as T3 damage.

You see the same comps over and over and the player either lands them or doesn’t. And that’s how you win or lose.

Such skill-intensive mode lul.

Is that how you got your 12k mmr? Because it’s all rng and there’s no strategy involved, right?

The current meta game of BG, silly.

Please take insults to a new thread this isnt useful. Its july 4th. Be happy.

Not useful as well. If you guys want to start your own flame battle please take it elsewhere.

Calling someone silly is hardly starting a flame war.

1 Like

Whatever, dad.

The mods know where to find us if we get out of line.

1 Like

When the profile picture checks out with the reply.

Perfect.

1 Like

Ah, the local forum troll who smurfs in 4k ranks and claims they have knowledge.

what’s your experience again, mr who has all the knowledge? 4k5 in bg and 2x legend?

Why not change cannon’s effect to “Deal 1 damage”? At golden “Deal 2 damage”. Still good for early game against tokens but falls off mid to late game.

You’re not claiming BG is a skill intensive mode, are you? Because even 12k streamers are going 7th or 8th place all the time due to simply not highrolling or being steamrolled by Pirates turn 7.

Skill exists in BG, but like in Standard, it’s simply a case of not making terrible plays and spotting the handful of smart ones to give yourself that few % edge which turns a 48% winrate into a 51%+ winrate, enabling you to gradually climb. It helps a little, but sometimes all the skill in the world will still see you at 8th place if you lowroll.

You just gotta BG for the fun and crazy things now. Playing BG to just try and climb is a losing battle. The highroll and lowroll is just off the charts. I been play aranna over and over just to see how to make her work even though she is the worst hero. I stopped caring and just play more relaxed now and I do about as well as before.