Today's Legend/Diamond Meta (9/17)

I decided to resubscribe to HSReplay Premium, and in doing so I like to share my access with you guys for discussion. Here are the Legend and Diamond metas in the past 24 hours;

• Legend https://i.imgur.com/G1RDyJD.png

• Diamond https://i.imgur.com/Vo5Ll7T.png

• Diamond thru Legend https://i.imgur.com/gDdXkCw.png
11 Likes

It’s nice to know libram pally has a almost 3x higher +0.9% win margin in legend than +0.3% quest shaman lmao. That puts some stuff to rest.

Definitely extremely powerful aggro stomper and pug grinder but not a lot of aggro to farm and pretty hostile meta when 80% of the meta is warlock. But a good jack of all trades otherwise.

Never would have guessed libram pally would be there lmao.

Really kinda strange to see aggro shaman up there too. Very cheap deck, it’s like 800 dust for the 2 epics, might try that later if i get bored but gonna be a dustmeiser. Pretty cheap deck of commons and rares though.

Wonder if the other decks get weaker if it might be a good pivot. Really cheap and reliable. Anyone who gets screwed over by a nerf can prob make that entire deck for half the refund of a qlock ban so hey, At least if that survives, probably a good deck to keep in mind for discount dust runs before the miniset to wean a while lol.

Very solid budget deck or fallback option if anyone loses a deck it’s dirt cheap.

1 Like

Still dont get how Quest rogue is just 49% and t3.

this is me with 116 games on 3k EU at 57%. And it only dropped that low after a very unfortunate evening of playing while drunk (where i had 0-5 sprees lol)

https://ibb.co/12sPzsb

(also lol at my 22% warlock opponents…)

2 Likes

Man it’s nice of you to share thoses. though I feel a little bad for you paying for the whole forum .

Shadow priest has an obscene winrate (54+ over all ladder) and is followed closely by token druid. And yet everyone complain about warlock. The hypocrisy lol, definitly feels worst to lose to illucia > empty hand than to flesh giant .

Do you mind sharing wild meta too?

Thanks!

To be fair, shadow priest can easily die to a single board clear or a deck taking the board or just not drawing the illucia.

Gandling + illucia highrolls when they’re ahead can be devastating. It’s a pretty counterable deck most of the time with a little clear. It’s just probably a good aggro deck that holds up well when in good hands and skill caps. But for the average joe, there’s reasons like legend rank decks like Garrote rogue and spriest have like 40-55% gold wr pilot rates while pally has like 62-67% gold wr rates.

only 1-3% of meta is spriest and its good in legend pilot’s hand in a warlock meta. But there’s a thing, if 80% of the meta was playing spriest, you could just easily counter it pretty hard. Some decks do better since of the population of other decks. I feel like spriest is a deck that does well when there is a lot of warlocks, which legend is filled with. Otherwise warlock doesn’t really have a lot of bad matchups bar shadow priest, quest mage and secret pally. Only one of which seems high legend viable (spriest), though i guess a few people got #109 with quest mages but it’s like 10-20x #100 warlocks to every 2x #100+ legend spriests and like 1x #100+ q mage or shaman so far. At least that’s what i see when i watch the match tracker to see what’s going on.

Couple dhs i guess.

1 Like

Ye I hit a pretty decent legend rank with it both this and last month. The biggest issue is that there aren’t many people playing it and even fewer playing it well

Edit: also overall it had been unrefined by the crowd sourcing lol

I’ve been tweaking my list since day 1 of UiS

I really like this deck, too. It feels very versatile. However, I’m trying to climb to Diamond 5 and don’t wanna risk going back to Diamond 10 right now. :wink:

Any tips for a newbie for Quest Rogue?

Not at all, but, do you know how to? I can’t seem to find where to click to change the lists to wild.

I don’t know if wild even has them. You have lists but i don’t think there’s enough winrate data on even some obscure standard decks, wild has like exponentially more cards are archetypes people might play, even as homebrew so when the deck tracker sees 10/30 cards it might not even be able to guess. While in standard it can guess some decks off just like 5 cards as generic as a backfire, runed rod and a giant.

Can’t say the same for a wild when people can have like 10-20+ cards different in a deck or play the same 5 cards but have 25 different ones in the collection that might be played by single digit people even in legends lol.

I guess some data on the winrates of legend wild decks could be neat though. Even if it might be sparse. It’s not exactly a netdecking mode that will give you every deck. Hsreplay needs 10 different pilots to register a game and there were many deck lists in legend previously that were played by like singular people or 1-10 card variations so general stuff gets noticed but sometimes there can be hidden sleepers.

1 Like

Scabbs is worth running if you have it. Be mana efficient; you aren’t always gonna get combo value off your cards. Don’t get greedy with shadowsteps, handlock and Pali are the only matchups you might need to hold flips for the assassin(which is usually a better target than the quest reward). Otherwise you wanna use them to complete quests. Be patient with stealth minions you want to make it awkward for your opponent to clear them, and in some matchups you might want to hold them for board control.

2 Likes

I think its on the left side of the screen, somewhere on the lower half, but it’s ok if you can’t find. I feel bad to trouble you.

It appears like you’d be able to click that, right? Unfortunately, it’s not clickable. Probably for the reasons Hegemonkey mentioned, it doesn’t seem they have the wild list.

Yes true that. Wild has probably a third of the player base.

Thanks for trying!

1 Like

i run a list with both watchtowers and the 4 cost towers in it, so my draw is a bit thinner, and mulligans can be tricky (stuff like even keeping secret passage vs matchups where you know you’ll run dry ande etc). There are times you want to keep towers, there are times you want to mulligan them away for early tempo stuff.

my list is half disruption half tempo basically, and you need to know when to switch up from one mode to another. When to shadostep a cult or keep the shadowtep for faster quest completion.

A thing to note is that while you do have protection from removals due to stealth a lot of the time, you are actually weak to board clears, so you need to actually bait those in those matchups, and then redevelop when they use their board clear, preferebly protected by a 4 cost tower.

Due to the removal breakpoints, as well as the variable cost of assassins and the bounces and such, it’s not as straightforwards as it seems initially to play optimally imo. I have lost a lot of games where afterwards i go “oh damn, if i had done x and y instead i would have won”.

But for the most part, i think it’s a list that you have to play to get a feel for it rather than simply explaining through forums.

the more common list, with the stealth package for more draw is more straightforward. It relies mostly on the full tempo plan. It should be better vs aggressive matchups, while the watchtower list is better vs decks like mage and DH. For warlock it’s a wash imo, the stealth variant is better vs the handlock warlock, while the tower version is better vs the more combo oriented warlocks.

47.9% winrate VS 56.6% winrate doesn’t seem like a large variation.

But, maybe it is? IDK

The tower package just seems too slow vs decks like shadow priest. I think it’s better to run cult neophyte and maybe robes of protection if you want.

The tempo package can put more pressure on the combo decks. I just feel you give up too much flexibility trying to target the combo decks so hard.

as you’ve seen in my stats it doesnt really give up that much tempo (those are just from this season).

yes, shadow priest is unfavorable, but then again, i’m extremely favored vs stuff like druid and mage and dh.

the stealth package can also get completely shut down by warlock, while the towers do make his life miserable since both of them do cripple what the deck wants to do in the early game (draw and remove stuff with spells).

I’ve played Quest rogue since launch extensively, and I’m pretty comfortable with saying that in the current meta, watchposts are simply better.

Stealth was better early on, when people were playing a lot of the early handbuff paladin, but now i think it’s better to run the disruption plan.

In reality, the watchposts dont hinder your progress that much in games you dont need them, I still get on average t7-8 quest completion, which i feel it’s perfect (since you can then play scabbs, remove a threat, stealth scabbs, and develop the 2/3 next to him).

Is it a misplay to summon Crossroads Watch Post on turn 4 if you have it against a warlock with, for example, no board?

If you think about it with 4 watch posts and neophytes you are basically stuffing 6 tech cards to stop like 3 decks. Stealth makes it hard for Warlock to use targeted removal there are only 2 soul rends in the deck and forcing your opponent to use them on scrubs is a good thing. Playing a Mistress turn 1 vs Warlock can disrupt there early game. In my opinion general pressure is better than specific counters especially on ladder. You force awkward plays. Your list seems like it has a lot more potential to stall out as well. After the nerfs, I’m sure that the watch post tech will get weaker as well.

depends on the rest of your hand and warlock’s hand.

I usually do prefer to have something stealthed (prefferably) or simply on board, before going for Crossroads, but if you are playing against something like a combolock, where they dont have the 5/4, then no, you can freely play it (if you dont have a better play) just so that it becomes beefy enough to withstand the double soulrend.

I do more often than not “coin Crossroads” on 3, especially if i played a 2 drop (even moreso if that 2 drop was watchpost) vs warlock, since they rarely remove whatever you play on 2 and instead go for tap.

If you are not on the coin, and you are ahead, it’s also good since their best t3 is usually Rod, so if you follow their rod with your Crossroad, it means that their backfore already starts to buff it up.

Keep in mind that Crossroads buffs BEFORE the spell does damage. So, as an example, if they netherbalst it, it’ll still survive at 1. Then they also need to touch it to remove it. Losing all that resources, without taking making procs for their giants/quests, i already a win in my book.