Tirion is so bad!

Does anyone know a way to make this dude work? He seems like worse Jaraxxus since your units will have no internal synergies. I really enjoy his concept but best I can tell the way to go would be getting lucky off Zerus or just using him to buff your tribal lovers.

I’ve done pretty well with him the only time I’ve played him. Regardless of synergies, a lot of the units that have no tribe are good once they are buffed. There has been limited buffs to this non-tribal cards, some buffs here and there from Edwin or Slyvanas but never an option for +7 +7 possible on every minion. You have some good divine minion possibilities and also it works extremely well with baron build. I did end up using 1 Ghastcoiler because I got him early off of Zerus–so definitely look to pick that minion up for potential high rolls. The Ghastcoiler I only got to buff to a 9/9 but having triple selfless hero that was massive by the end of the game, triple spawn of n’zoth, baron and divine shield taunts. Definitely the hero that requires you to actively seek out all non-tribal minions unless they are extremely good (like the early Ghastcoiler I couldn’t pass up).

You are likely looking to taunt all your minions and look for that minion that buffs taunts. So seek out Defender of Argus and Stoneshell as well in the late game. Try to build a baron centric deck too with positive deathrattles that do synergize well with buffing divine shield minions.

Thanks for the response! Great tips, will certainly try that

The major down fall with him is the lack of tribeless cards per tier.

Just like jarjar if you don’t get demons you can fall behind fast and you need to think to use your power before or at all tripling before you buy the 3rd cause that one less +1+1.

Tribeless per tear
1=3 Righteous protector, Selfless hero and wrath weaver
2=1Spawn of Nzoth
3=7 Crowd Favorite, Phalanx, Tortollan, Khadgar, zurus and rest tribe cards
4=6 Defender of argus, Bolvar, Boogeymonster, Festeroot and more tribe buffs
5=4 Baron, Bran, Strongshell and tribe buff
6=2 Zapp and tribe

I Agree with StareMaster, but remember play what the game gives you, dont go fishing if you cant.

At the start try to get righteous, selfless and spawn cause they can become your back bone of your group.
Phalanx and tortollan is a good splash or back up tanks if you don’t have righteous.
Boogey and festeroot becomes debatable if you have the time for no one is going for them most of the time
At 6 if you find zap the sniper you board will be round out.

Making a devine shield or mech build. Bolvar will because a Great choice for you only need to go to tier 4. Only Strongshell in 5 and mechs in 5 and 6.

Also Baron will become harder to kill and less snip from zapp with death rattle builds.

Again most importantly Play what the game try’s to give you.

hope this help a bit.

I am not good at BG, but the one time I played him (got first), I did it in a different way: demon built with soul juggler and wrath weaver as my only neutrals. Worked like a charm.

I finally got him and was so excited but unfortunately I kept getting tribe minions and I just died re-rolling because I tried to force the issue lol. He looks so fun though. The one I am REALLY failing with is millhouse. I don’t get him at all.

I haven’t played them myself yet, but I have seen some streamers play him, and I’ve met him as opponent a few times.

By take, based on this limited experience, is that his hero power can make his board scale immensely if you can find the right minions, which makes him an excellent hero to get top four. Winning is less likely, once the other players hit tier 5 and 6 the specific synergies between tribe minions make those comps either outscale Tirion, or beat him on other ways (e.g. returning divine shields; poison).

He is not as bad as Millhouse