Tip the scales paladin card

You’ll need enough spells to discount Shirvallah down to playable mana cost, but it’s something to think about.

I think you are supposed to play Silver Sword the turn before you play this card.

Then you either win very hard, or lose super hard to a board clear.

2 Likes

Well, 1 copy of tides is 8

Kings, consecration, and hammer of wrath I can see being good to support your murlocs.

Iffy on sound the bells as it could be a dead card in your hand until turn 6+, as opposed to the above that you may very well play on turn 4

Flash of light draws and heals. While it doens’t help the murloc board, the draw is alluring.

Call to adventure also draws while making your tidecaller or oracle a bit more resilient.

Rebuke is a spell I wish could see more play, and maybe it would in a murloc-based OTK deck to hold off a turn of AoE.

Righteousness is somewhat high cost while it may actually be good for a wide murloc board

Equality and shrink ray, while it kills your board, would be quite good if you fear conjurer mages.

If you want more threat to pressure people before OTK, a new challenger and avenging wrath are basically the only choice for high cost offensive spells. If you’re daring and don’t mind some anti-synergy with shirv, run prismatic lens

None of the options scream “that’s it!” but there are a number of options.

I think the biggest problem is any deck that aims to draw as much as shirv is going to be hard pressed to maintain enough murlocs in deck to pull on turn 8.

Dream combo prismatic for 1 cost tip the scales > silver sword > tip the scales + rebuke?

1 Like

Utther: Look at me

Thrall: Sure

Uther: Look at me

Thrall: Sure

Uther: I am the shaman now.

1 Like

Shaman man, shaman man! Does whatever a shaman can! Stupid sticks? Obelisk! Has a deck thats full of fish! Watch out!
Here comes the shaman man!

6 Likes

we might see a new neutral legendary murloc (besides finley[s])

Secret hunter? It’s my personal mvp post rise of the mech.

Also been trying to make a mechrattle mage work

Guys, it’s otk Paladin season. This basically does half the work for Mechacthun and Shirvallah holy wrath set ups (while filling your board with cannon fodder).

How many murlocs can you run in standard?

Rhyssa is trash. Free dust.

It is nowhere near as good as Pocket Galaxy or Stargazer. What are you even smoking dude…:joy:

Secret Hunter is excellent.

Yeph. Anyfin wont need to draw the murlocs or the namesake card and just pay 8 to see the magic happen.

Heck, they still can use anyfin two turns later. Make it in total of three waves of charging angry murlocs.

I don’t like Murlocs. Kind of disappointed to see only Murloc based cards for Paladin so far… and would most probably dust them even if they pop out of a card pack.

Can’t wait for Paladin and Shaman Murloc matches haha.

It’s recruit. It seems like they like to include the mechanics from newer sets in the next set and completely forget they made the mechanic. Witch’s Brew says hi.

Not sure where they got the idea that new mechanics can’t cross into future expansions considering discover, lifesteal, magnetic(if you count snip snap), rush, and hero cards were all introduced as highlights of their expansions.

You know… I just remembered that Prismatic Lens is still in play. Murloc decks don’t run a lot of spells, and murlocs are pretty cheap. Yeeeaaahhhh that’s kind of scary.

3 Likes

I don’t think Finley really counts since I doubt there will be a highlander murloc deck. Which means this card is the only murloc-based card for Paladin as of right now.

1 Like

You could run Finley, but no dupes on murloc is gonna be hard, you’d have to plan to either play him before tip the scales with no dupes, or after tip the scales with dupes.
Prismatic cost is a killer though, it’s almost a waste, the 4 Mana prismatic costs you is gonna set you back a couple minions on board.

The goal really would only be to play tip the scales and rebuke on the same turn to protect yourself from a board clear, because you don’t need to save Mana for minions with a full board.

If you can afford to hunt this with prismatic you were probably winning anyway.

And let’s not forget the small chance prismatic puts a key card out of play

3 Likes

So just as a thought experiment, I tried to make an aggro highlander murloc paladin…lol.

Blessing of Might
Crystology
Grimscale Oracle
Hungry Crab
Murloc Raider
Murloc Tidecaller
Murmy
Never Surrender!
Noble Sacrifice
Saronite Taskmaster
Toxfin
Bluegill Warrior
Fishflinger
Hench-Clan Hogsteed
Knife Juggler
Murloc Tidehunter
Sandwasp Queen
Sir Finley of the Sands
Coldlight Seer
Magic Carpet
Murloc Warleader
Nightmare Amalgam
Salhet’s Pride
Murloc Tastyfin
Truesilver Champion
Glowstone Technician
Leeroy Jenkins
Zilliax
Silver Sword
Tip the Scales

There’s a fairly decent amount of draw all things considered. Crystology, Salhet, Tastyfin and Tip the Scales (sorta). One could also add stuff like Cult Master and Witch’s Cauldron for more card draw/generation. Witch’s Cauldron might get you helpful stuff like Bloodlust or Soul of the Murlocs. Then you just hard mulligan for Finley and try to highroll an aggro hero power.

There’s only 12 murlocs so I’m not sure that’s enough to consistently get 7 murlocs off of Tip the Scales, especially since you’ll probably draw some via Tastfyin/Crystology/Salhet’s Pride.

Overall, it seems kinda fragile. IDK how it deals with an early Giants + Conjurers except by having Toxfin in the opener. There should also probably be stuff like Dire Wolf Alpha and Blessing of Kings.

1 Like

If you’re going to build it that way, I think you need to leave out the tastyfin, you don’t want to draw more murlocs. I’m not entirely sure how easy it is to dodge murlocs with 1 health or 1 cost, but maybe you can engineer a deck state where your tutored draws ignore the murlocks so they are all basically played with tip the scales. You always run the risk of drawing too many and TtS not being as good as was hoped, but I think it’s an interesting take on it.

Maybe if you run a secret heavy package either a flood of 1 health and 1 Mana dudes, not many or any 1 cost murlocs you can safely draw them out, then your tip the scales pulls you out some combination of nightmare amalgam, warleader, seer, tastyfins, maybe 1 or 2 stragglers you didn’t draw. That’s a pretty respectable board.

If the early game can stall and tutor away from your murlocs enough that leaves you with probably lethal on board.

If you can leverage enough pressure maybe your opponent burns their board clears before you get a nice day lethal damage board.

1 Like