Tickatus is stupid. Cards should come back when he dies

It’s that simple. If he dies, the cards should come back.

This is the most broken card I’ve seen in the game and I’ve been playing since beta.

Diamond 1-5 is full of control warlock decks and it’s just not even fun.

Thanks.

6 Likes

Then what’s the point of the card? The decks that can’t handle an 8/8 after turn 6 will kill the Warlock before they can play Tickatus, and the decks that can’t kill the Warlock before they play Tickatus can kill it as soon as it drops. You’re basically saying “remove its battlecry, but with extra steps.”

I can name five cards more powerful than Tickatus that were printed last year alone:

*Kael’thas Sunstrider
*Skull of Gul’dan
*Warglaives of Azzinoth
*Fungal Fortunes
*Deck of Lunacy

2 Likes

Half of those were nerfed pal.

Control warrior won’t let you win by turn 6. It’s full of removes, life gain/steal, and the +4 armor battlecry card.

All of them were nerfed. Because they were far more powerful than Tickatus, that’s my point.

3 Likes

Instead of complaining about a card that is far from being broken, try to find a way to counter it. It will make your life much easier and you will reach legend in a fast manner.

Most broken since Beta? Are you suffering from memory loss?

4 Mana Leeroy,
Caverns Below,
Corridor Creeper,
Evolve Shaman,
KFT Jade Druid,
Patches,

Need I say more?

2 Likes

‘Just counter it bro’

Actual moronic answer.
You cant counter a battlecry. They should make the effect a deathrattle so then it would actually have counter play. Warlock has many ways to kill their own minions so it would actually fit into their style of play too. Then maybe since it would be less powerful they can buff it by making it 5 mana

3 Likes

You can counter a deck even if you can’t counter a specific card. You can’t outlast Control Warlock, so you need to be proactive and pressure them throughout the game. Yes, a lucky Tickatus hit might still swing the game in their favor, but it’s a lot harder to play Tickatus when you present a threatening board to the Warlock.

1 Like

Well that all depends on what deck and class you are playing. You dont know that youre going to play against a control warlock before you queue so you cant build your deck or choose a deck to deal with that specific issue without weakening it to other archetypes.

Also it doesnt help that warlock has insane levels of removal. So you cant exactly pressure them with board control because they have 2x soul shear, 2x drain soul, 2x hysteria (all of which tamsin roame can make more copies of), 2x twisting nether, 2x cascading which can kill 3 minions each with the ability to get another 2 off ysharraj, soulciologist malicia.

Not to mention all the healing effects, legit impossible to play any board deck into warlock. You have to go extreme aggro which is probably why hunter is so strong right now

Control priests in Barrens can outlast a warlock using ticatus. But it is totaly random and depends on what cards they get from all the random generation BS they do. Sometimes they crush the warlock and sometimes they get crushed.

True, although there are Priest variants that more consistently beat Warlock (to the point of having a positive winrate against them!), like Kibler’s Double God Priest or Menagerie Priest.

Granted, this might change if these builds become popular, but that’s a sign of a healthy game (IMO) since it means the meta is still evolving.

1 Like

You shouldn’t be able to have a deck that beats everything. If you’re only losing to one type of deck, you’re OP and should be glad. If you’re losing to a lot of decks then you’re building your decks incorrectly. Either way Tickatus isn’t what the issue is.

1 Like

Skull of guldan is still more powerful than ticketus even after the nerf

But so does the warlock: it’s not like warlocks win every game because they beat every class.
If that was the case, the ladder would be only warlock

you can: if they are playing a removal each turn, they will eventually run out of them.
Twisting nether costs 8 mana.
Cascading disaster is weak in the early game.
Hysteria is easy to counter.
Soul shear and drain soul can deal with one minion at the time.

If you have enough threats, you will eventually find your spot to attack face.
If you don’t, you may lose the game.

That’s how a match where both of the players have a chance to win.

My spell hunter disagree :smiling_imp:
Nagrand slam and double king krush are the ultimate warlock killer.
Dire frenzy on rhino is also very strong in case they ticketus you.
You will lose against other decks, but warlock isn’t unbeatable

Boompistol Bully would like to have a word with you. You play Boompistol Bully and Tickatus will cost 11, so it will be unplayable and/or uncorruptable.

That is a good idea, but they should also leave the “remove 5 cards” effect. Those who propose to make it remove only 3 or 4 cards are players who can’t build a strategy around Tickatus and only cry about it.

Boompistol Bully is a wild card.

Then play wild.
::::

Or you can accept the fact that unless wild is mentioned they are talking about Standard so your “wild” counters are meaningless.

I’m no hardcore player so I thought it was just me (a paladin player) who was having problems with this but glad to see the forum agrees on this card. Paladin has no ‘draw cards’ cards and when I get minions on the board they either get ‘destroy all minions’ or ‘make them fight till they die’ so even all my ‘put 5 silver hands on the board’ cards aren’t enough, and then you get this 8/8 big boy thrown at you that destroys your cards.

And maybe I’m crazy but I’m pretty sure I regularly get played 2 of them against me, leaving me with no cards.

Wait for Boompistol Bully to enter the Core Set. It can happen in the next years, depending on what developers will decide.

And that helps how in the current year?

1 Like