Thoughts on shaman after May 22 nerf?

What’s more concerning is that you continue to play without realizing it.

There is no realizing something that is unproven.

You just haven’t ‘realized’ fairies exist.
You just haven’t ‘realized’ Santa exists.

If your statement is acceptable, then so are these.

Do you think the arguments for fairies and Santa are reasonable approaches to discovering what is true about reality?

Your answer must be consistent with the statement you made since they are fundamentally identical.

1 Like

@fingrknitter - This thread is about the likely success of shaman after the nerfs on May 22. If you have nothing to contribute toward that then you are wasting space.

Yeah, see, that is the thing. You are not an employee of Blizzard who has relevant knowledge about Hearthstone game mechanics, and you are not an official representative of Blizzard or Hearthstone. For some reason this does not stop you from defending your opinion that Hearthstone RNG is as fair as possible. You have no proof that Hearthstone RNG is not manipulated as me and others claim, yet you equate that belief to believing in fairies and santa claus. You should take your own advice. Some day you will probably look back on this and feel embarrassed.

By the way, this might help you in the future. The reason you will never see a sticky blue thread stating that Hearthstone RNG is not manipulated and never has been is because it would open Blizzard up to a class action lawsuit for misrepresenting their product. Also, to help you in the future, you should not project your expectations onto others or other things. Good luck, friend.

1 Like

Oh really? Then why do you open up with the tinfoil-hattery about “fake RNG forcing outcomes”?" Welp, looks like your misguided agenda might just ruin an interesting thread, lol.

2 Likes

@globalist - The last words will be yours. Deny. Deny. Deny. Gotcha. Could you, at least, make you last words about shaman’s chances past May 22nd?

There is no “AI.RNG” preventing shaman from achieving success. Repeating this point over and over doesn’t make it true. If you think the game is rigged now, you’ll still perceive the game as rigged post-patch.

4 Likes

Jesse clearly stated multiple times on the old forums that there was in no way, shape or forum any manipulation of people’s matches. And there is still no lawsuit.

You aren’t being “manipulated” or forced to lose, you are either playing a bad deck, or playing badly. Or did you expect unoptimised and overall weak decks to perform well against heavily refined top of the ladder decks?

The fact the only possible conclusion for your own losses is “Blizzard is making me lose because reasons!” Is a very large indication of your maturity, maybe you should just stop playing Hearthstone if you can’t handle losses reasonably?

And I don’t think you understand. You do not work for blizzard either, and you do not have any proof that matchmaking is rigged. That’s the point of equating your belief to fairies, because all you are really doing is spreading nonsense based on personal bias and shutting people out because they don’t believe in fairies aswell. Did you actually think you could say people can’t have opinions because they don’t work with blizzard? That’s not how opinions work, nor is it an opinion in the first place: It has been proven time and time again that matchmaking is not manipulated in any way whatsoever, as well as backed up multiple time by Blizzard. As such, stating the matchmaking is not rigged is fact, rather then opinion.

2 Likes

So … no one who has responded so far has anything substantial to say about shaman’s chances past May 22nd? Interesting.

Nothing anyone says will be considered substantial, because as long as you are losing it’s because of the matchmaking, and not the decks power level or pilot.

2 Likes

I never had any problems with shaman vs. rogue. I didn’t play that eureka deck though. I found it slow and boring. I think shaman has the tools these days to play the field vs any deck strategy. First time in a long time.

1 Like

Murloc Shaman will most DEFINITELY be powerful now, most likely a tier 1 deck. They eat mages for dinner (murlocs get hungry).

Whether or not control shaman is viable remains to be seen how well they can deal with token druid and murloc shaman. My guess is not as well as warrior. They do, however, do well against mech hunter so there’s that.

No idea about “big bad shaman”, though I’ll be dusting my Elysiana and Preps so I might try it. If not, I’ll just keep playing Murloc like i am now.

Murloc Shaman is being figured out and will probably continue to see refinement now that Rogue has been hit hard. Should be a very solid aggro deck.

We may see a resurgence of Zoo Warlock, though. One of the deck’s worst matchups.

Idk, I’ve played both Control Warrior and Control Shaman… Shaman seems to actually do just as well if not better v Token Druid and other aggro decks. The only reason its not played is because it loses to Warrior but I think that is all about to change. Warrior only gets 1 Archivist where Shaman gets 2.

Also i’m playing a non meta list of Shaman, so people playing the meta lists may think differently. I have already climbed from rank 5 to rank 2 with Control Shaman this season with minimal effort. The nerfs will only help it imo.

2 Likes

Plenty of recorded games. Blizzard has stated on the record. No fixing of AI to tamper with games or match making or whatever.

When they did have RNG issues they promptly fixed them and reimbursed players who were and could have been affected.

The power of conspiracy theories is that you can’t prove a negative. But on the flip side you also can’t prove there is an AI conspiracy because you can’t proffer credible evidence either.

Yet based on the voluminous evidence, blizzard’s statements on record, and transparency in fixing past bugs I’d say the burden of proof must rest on you. And no, merely citing a handful of self serving testimony or rank hearsay doesn’t qualify as credible evidence.

thats tragic that you dusted ur entire collection. why would u saty involved with the game after that? are you now planning to craft this shaman deck

@gEM - Wild is probably still popular with long time players, because they feel a long lasting sense of value in the game devices (cards) that have been attributed to their account. I do not. Some of the oldest cards I kept to help remember their novelty or the fun aspect they brought. Later I just did not want to take the time to dust them. I thought that I had left the game forever after Witchwood, but returned. It was not tragic, but I understand your sentiment. Game makers certainly want players to feel that sense of value, like any product seller. The point was that I actually bothered to take the time to dust it all. Classic had a lot more cards than I thought. I wondered, if I was not happy with the way RNG was implemented while using decent decks, then what must a new player feel. This was my chance to find out. Initially I thought about waiting until the next expansion, then buying into it hoping for better. Remembering that nothing seems to deter these devs from continuing their slow ramble toward game destruction made me choose to buy back in without delay. I already wasted ~26k dust when RoS came out. That was the first round of dusting to update into new RoS cards. I lost a lot of dust value doing that, so dusting it all afterward left only 27k dust. This made it possible to build a deck that ran from 20 to 14. Then I bought more fun stuff. Not cookie cutter top meta decks stuff. I don’t play what they want me to play. I’m not a robo-player like these try hards that defend everything Blizzard does and deny any wrong. So, there is no feeling of losing something substantial after dusting everything. What feels bad is the over reliance on RNG, which puts wins solidly in the hands of AI.RNG. The game feels like it is at deaths door. I am trying to enjoy its last days, but Blizzard is fighting hard to kill this cookie. That is why I wanted others’ opinions about shaman. I would like to get a good run in with shaman before the game reaches its end.

1 Like

What deck are you playing? I played Control Shaman and didn’t do too well. I see it doing better after the June 2 buffs/new card because of not only Thunderhead’s small buff, but also the fact that shaman counters mech decks in general which will be more prominent then.

1 Like

I’m playing a version that I made, I will have to decide if the tech choices are still good post nerf. Basically if Mage/Aggro decks without weapons become the norm I can take out the weapon removal for either BGH or MCT.

I had 62% win rate from rank 5 to rank 2 with this version pre nerf though. So its decent, I wouldn’t say top tier.

2x (0) Zap!
2x (1) Earth Shock
2x (1) Sludge Slurper
2x (2) Acidic Swamp Ooze
2x (2) Menacing Nimbus
2x (2) Wild Pyromancer
1x (2) Witch’s Brew
2x (3) Acolyte of Pain
2x (3) Far Sight
2x (3) Lightning Storm
2x (4) Hex
2x (5) Hagatha’s Scheme
1x (5) Zilliax
1x (7) Swampqueen Hagatha
1x (8) Archivist Elysiana
1x (8) Hagatha the Witch
2x (8) Walking Fountain
1x (9) Shudderwock

AAECAaoIBqfuAu/3AqCAA7mZA8WZA4adAwz1BP4F/wWyBooH9gf7DPbwAoqAA62RA4qUA8aZAwA=

1 Like

Thank you for sharing. I faced the same or similar decks. Shooting from the hip here, but I would say one-quarter to one-third of shaman decks I have faced are a variety of this. A couple cards I do not see much of are “Zap!” and “Shudderwock.” What do you think about switching “Zap!” for “Totemic Smash,” or swapping out “Shudderwock”? Did you need that nine mana board clear often enough?

I would say you can switch out Zap! for Totemic Smash but I think Zap! is better with Pyromancer just by a little bit.

Shudderwock is kind of what makes the deck work, not only does it do 3 damage to all minions, it casts the spells from Swampqueen Hagatha, gives you another Grave Horror and gains value from Menacing Nimbus/Sludge Slurper.

Also in the Warrior match up it gives you an extra 10 cards from Archivist and with the Archivist nerf this actually wins you the game v other control.

1 Like