This is beyond predatory

Putting the new expansion packs as a reward for a quest that you get after playing mercenaries.

Blizzard, there are people who play hearthstone because they want to play HS!
I don’t like mercenaries, I don’t want to play it, stop forcing us to play if we want to get cool HEARTHSTONE RELATED STUFF.

Do you want to advertise mercenaries? How about IMPROVING HOW IT WORKS??
I never played it, but even I can see that the excess coin problem (because it is still a problem) can EASILY be solved; you just have to give up some of your DOLLARS.

Fine, I guess I’ll play the TUTORIAL of mercenaries, you won… or did you? Is it really a win if now I am even more pissed at the existance of that mode?
Do you think that after doing that quest I’ll stay aroud to play a mode when I am already behind everyone else and in order to catch up I would have to spend thousands of $?
Because let’s be fair: how is a new mercenary players supposed to get all the coins to get the good mercenaries and upgrade them? You are adding more mercenaries every 2 months.

If you make events related to your game, at least make them related to the game. Why the hell should a BG only player even start that chain? And a mercenary only player would probably get more value by farming rather than taking that 1x pack.
It’s obviously a quest chain for HS players, you should stop trying to lure us into your cash grab mode, because this is what it is.

Sincerly

12 Likes

why are you calling it predatory ? if is like last time even the tutorial bounties count for the quest

so its free fast and you dont even to spend gold to do it !

5 Likes

It’s a scummy move from blizzard: they did it already in the past with the tavish skins, now they seem comfortable to slowly add more annoying ways that “force” us to play what we don’t want to.

If they get away with this, it will only get worse in the future; it’s our duty to say “this is bs, blizzard stop it now”

if I had to spend gold to get 1 “free” pack it would have been hilarious :joy:

Nice event :clap: next time they should add a quest that can be completed if you play 3 matches of diablo immortal, it’s free and fast after all!

They probably fired the guy who proposed the “drektar vs vandar event”, since it helped the players without removing the fun factor.
I doubt BG only players felt left out because they had to play another mode to get a card that could be used only in that other mode

2 Likes

you dont need to complete all 3 bounties in one go

the quest wont reset and you have 4 weeks do 1 per day

2 Likes

It’s only mildly predatory if it requires you to spend coins on buildings. Hopefully everyone has coins.

Turn empathy settings to “ON.”

If you actually read the post, you might understand that it was called predatory because it IS predatory.

Like their lie about “oh the excess coin fix is coming soon™ guize, extra sugar on top pinky swearsies…for realz this time…just keep buying stuff from us!”

And every event is a buggy, untested, unplayable (for at least one part of it) mess.

3 Likes

In a perfect world, I wouldn’t need to even open mercenaries to get hearthstone packs.

But this is not a perfect world

2 Likes

I just came to the forums because I ran into that quest and was thinking about deleting it but thanks for letting me know there is something after it.

I might drudge through it, not sure yet. I am also not a mercs fan and haven’t done anything in the mode since day 2 of its release.

But yeah they are forcing us to go back to mercs if we want this because a small percentage of people will get hooked on it and pay money at some point. I hope it’s not any of you.

2 Likes

If you click on it, you can see all the steps.

After mercenaries, there is the upcoming expansion pack if you play 3 HS games with a certain class;
then a warrior skin if you play 3 warrior games.

If it wasn’t for the new pack, I would have deleted it (I deleted the previous tavish quest, since I don’t care about skins)

I finally did the tutorial and doing bounties it’s faster than I thought.
Still tedious to play something I don’t want to get something I want in return…

If you are f2p, I suggest you tomcomplete the tutorial and the quest, because in the future I think they will keep gatekeeping good rewards behind mercenaries quests…

Not claiming HS rewards when the game doesn’t help you much would be foolish.
Since the battle pass revamp, they got rid of the “double gold” or “gold + dust” quests, which was the best thing we had in the game.
It’s sad (and also infuriating) to see that they replaced that event with “play mercenaries if you want a single new pack”, but blizzard will be blizzard

1 Like

pfft is a quest
games give you quest involing pretty much anything you can do ingame

no idea why you lied in the tittle about it
at least i think you are lying because "predatory " involves spending money

3 Likes

you can check all questlines quests and rewards if you clock on it ( just dont click on the X if you want to keep it )

about the bounties you dont have to complete it in one go
you have 4 weeks and you can play a fight after finishing it you can close mercenaries mode and continue the run later

i think its more aimed to new players who didnt try mercs yet because of the very low requeriments
unlike the merc event ones when OP said "predatory on the tittle i thought the quest would be like those and players would need high lv mercs you need to get from packs to complete it …but is nothing like it

Ironic bot posting is very ironic.

and entire mode that is buggy, multiple broken promises from the devs, and continued pushes for more spending from customers in spites of failed promises, especially toward

who aren’t aware of the scam that mercstone is. Which you literally admitted to is a predatory practice. Keep doing the work of people pointing out the flaws of the company for them, and the corporate overlords might feel your program needs to be reset to factory default, or deleted from their servers!

Yes. It’s a win for both of you: it’s a win for you because you got your pack rewards and it’s a win for Blizzard because they got your data for their metrics.

Ahem, Blizzard’s objectives are not to make players have wet dreams with their game. No, their objective is to “encourage” players to play certain modes in order to get their data so they can impress their shareholders. Blizzard is 100% aware that the majority of players who play HS are not playing it with a smile on their face. And that’s ok, because their happiness is not part of Blizzard’s objectives.

Hearthstone is no longer a single game. It’s now a platform for various game modes. You’re still playing Hearthstone even if you play only one of those modes.

I hope everything is clear for you. I wish you a pleasant weekend and stay safe. Cheers!

2 Likes

you didnt notice ? the tutorial is free

just complete it and a low lv bounty dont worry you get to keep all mercs you use during the tutorial so whenever this ques pops up again you can complete the very first one as many times as needed to complete it

and last time they added this quest tutorial one counts a bounty too

seems the type of people to be angry about this simple quest are the one who day after day search DESPERATELY for something to be angry about …

1 Like

I used predatory because they are trying to lure people into a mode that has many problems that aren’t solved because they want people to spend money in it (otherwise, excess coins would be convertible in other coins, but instead you need to either grind new coins or buy them).

Maybe it’s not the right term, but for me it fits what they are trying to do

You are right, it’s aimed to new players because someone who play HS only wouldn’t bother doing an end game quest in mercenaries, but they might do an easy one.

I am one of the lured player, they got me.
Now they have +1 player in that mode, but also a +1 pissed off HS player; a good company would have released 3 different legendary quests, one for each mode, so anyone would have been happy.
If someone plays more than one mode, they would have been even happier to complete multiple quests and get multiple rewards

but when did we accept that?
I still see “hearthstone” button when I launch the game, so it’s still a different mode than BG or merc; it would make sense to give different quests for different modes.

I saw a stream of a good BG player today and when he saw that the BG skin was available after 2 HS quests he decided to not take it.
BG only players are even more pissed than HS players; it will benefit everyone to make quests related to only one mode.

2 Likes

I finished mine, already. I had never played Battlegrounds, before this.

2 Likes

We accepted that when we continued to play the game after all those modes were released.

There are quests which can be completed in any mode. For example, quests which require you to deal X damage to your opponent or quests where you have to win 2 games.

Grats to him. I for example didn’t do the quest chain in Alterac for the Tavish skin because it required me to play Mercenary. And I don’t like that mode so I chose to ignore the quest. Yes, I missed the skin but that’s ok, I still have my vital organs.

I’ll let you in on a secret: if a streamer is enjoying HS, then he or she will lose lots of viewers. Why? Because those viewers will assume the streamer sold their soul to Blizzard for Chinese money and enjoying the game was one of the requirements.
If you want to be a HS streamer, you have to criticize the game and the company, otherwise you’re considered a sellout.

2 Likes

neither did I, but a new pack is a new pack :frowning:

(and I predict in the future it will be mandatory to play mercenaries to complete any legendary quest chain)

yes, a pack is a pack and that’s it. You can get that pack from the shop too.

I was actually mad on the bg quests req, the mercs quests are fast and easy along with rest; also think that it is aimed to new crowd or returning players. Though I do play fm time to time bg I spent abt an hr got a best 4 and a 1st place and at the end it was fun but what I hated abt these quests it was that before it used to be “get 3 packs per leg completed” which was much better. One merc pack is nothing when i have almost 200 on casual play. You also stated changes on the new award system that I do agree 100%; losing the xtra gold for friendly missions and the special gold mission was better, giving us 30% percent less experience and not awarding us for not playing ladder(extra exp on reward tasks) on casual play was a straight out lie on keeping the same lvl rewards. Though we have some xtra 2 legos to compensate 4 the track reward. I did not like this legendary quest setup at all even though it was easy to do is just the way is promoted and done that is bad, plus that we did not get a legendary mission when this expansion started which 4 what I remember it was the 1st time it was omitted.

2 Likes