Thinking about playing classic wow

I was thinking of jumping into the classic wow just looking for some feedback from players maybe have experience with the situation?

I was thinking of playing mostly pve and also probably as a caster but wouldn’t mind a melee alt, probably going horde but not opposed to alliance.

I am eu but only English speaking so I figure this time around I play on the US servers to avoid language barrier issues.

1/are there any problems that may come from being EU and playing on us servers ?

back in the day 6 people from actual town played wow, it was crazy, that game was so massive no choice of server was a no brainer, over the years most of them moved on leaving years worth of alts stranded on an almost dead server,

2/how to choose or where would be a good choice to play to ultimately avoid that same situation happening again, I don’t want to be the 5% population faction if I am still playing once the hype dies down.

Thanks

Go for it.

It’s grindy and takes longer to kill stuff, and there are no quest markers so you have to use wowhead a lot. Gold is really hard to come by and you’ll spend it all at 40 to get your mount.

I think the population has died down a bit now. I don’t know much about playing on US from the UK, but the problem would seem to be playing at the same time as other people. I think there are plenty of EU servers where English is king. You probably want to look over on the EU wow forums for info.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

2 Likes

You definitely should stick to EU servers, otherwise latency might be an issue for you - just look for a server with predominant english speaking players.

There are plenty servers to pick (at least from my perspective by playing on north america servers) and many of them still have big que’s during peak times. As for population balance, I don’t know if wowcensus or sites of that kind are actively monitoring faction ratio, might be a good idea to check that out too.

2 Likes

ew pve…

go for it. wow is fun, its just a pointless game

1 Like

I feel the same about pvp, players will use every dirty trick to win, tried to level a pvp server at 20 I was ganked by level 40 players. at 40 it was 60 at 60 it was level 70 players.

I would rather play rbgs but even then it’s players tricking the queue to create pre-mades then graveyard farm! shortversion players make pvp not fun!

whelp part of my hesitation to play EU is what happens in battlgrounds when they finally launch?

if I queue for a random bg will I be matched with only players from my server of english speaking people or randoms from all corners of the world like on current wow?

will I be matched against teams of enemy players all from the same french server or all with cyrillic names like eu retail?

anyway I did have a poke around the classic forums, they have no realm sub forums.

1 Like

Did they make classic wow free?

No, but the sub fee is shared by both retail and Classic (so the $15 per month gives access to both versions).

1 Like

The population is definitely stabilizing such that queues aren’t really so bad anymore, and the bigger realms are where you want to be.

For the love of God roll Horde, especially on NA servers…lol

I play on Herod and the community is good, for now. When they remove layering in a few months we will see how the queues are…

Faerlina is the overall biggest server, with all the Twitch streamers…if that’s your thing.

any reason for the horde servers specifically ? I have a slight temptation to roll pally because I miss my old belf pally but I will probably roll horde since that faction is where most of my fond memories are at.

and oh god no, I would rather roll anyplace than the “streamer server” lol

I was thinking of rolling pagal since its “high” but I have really no resources like in retail to tell me if its high alliance or horde ?

ya u right but thats not real pvp. blizzard doesnt have the sense to make it so u can only attack at least players who are green to you so thats on them.

2 Likes

just a little update for anyone thinking of rolling on classic

a classic server census of sorts

wow dot zamimg dot com
/uploads/screenshots/normal/867949.jpg

seems like pagle has a pretty poor horde representation, dodged a bullet phew

You think you do, but you don’t :slight_smile:

1 Like

With how bad you write, i can see you having language barrier issues on us servers too.

lol whatever you say, I wish the old ignore user function still existed.