They ignored a basic rule of game design

So let’s recap what was broken in this expansion.
Quest warlock
Quest Mage
Control {unplayable} due to fatigue being a non factor {also tons of cheap silence and in hand damage}
as of tomorrow no real consistent quest counter play outside Mutanis { Particularly in warlock}

Sure you can just play no minions against some variations of quest mage. { but sometimes even that doesn’t matter.}

I don’t expect much from a billion dollar company. I do expect them to understand them to understand one of the basic lessons of a game design class. Balance is good for a game’s
health and longevity. Blizzard Turning downsides of classes into positives destroyed the game.

Hearthstone will be the next Heroes of the storm by next fiscal year. I wouldn’t buy anything. {with money}

Next expansion it will get worse though. This meta has been horrible imagine an even crazier meta with even more broken effects.

Be better than a eight year old wanna be game designer. Or is that to much to ask?

6 Likes

this is just some rant on rules you came up with i have no idea what are you talking about

8 Likes

A few other posters have mentioned that these aren’t mistakes, they intended no fatigue, infinite damage, etc. Their goal was to dumb down and speed up the game for a different target market (that we are not in). The same thing happened in WoW and they lost over half their player base, and are currently in panic mode. The bummer is there is no FFXIV for Hearthstone, so we have no leverage.

5 Likes

Imagine if we had a FFXIV version of a card game and then we would be annoyed by 10 popup boxes for every card we play, lol. FFXIV has some really neat features and all but definitely it’s not a game for everyone.

What are you even talking about lmao

Where is my Triple Triad!? Hahaha.

If your control deck relies only on fatigue damage then you were doomed to fail from the start.

3 Likes

I truly think that the quests were designed (concept) to be control VS control tools, just that they flopped in the balancing (complete lack thereof)

They already had given warlock the tools in needs to be a Control VS control powerhouse, but not a guaranteed victory (I was still winning ~40% as priest even against Tick, Neeru, Rusty, jaraxxus), but Priest, mage and others needed guaranteed anti-fatigue tools.

Technically, they now have them. problem is the quests don’t just fit into control play style, but darn nearly aggro.

It shouldn’t have been possible to simply bum rush most quests ftw. (talking about standard of course)

I think they have the right idea, but simply power crept the quests way harder than necessary (to sell packs probably! )

2 Likes

I’ve never relied (or built) upon fatigue to win with a control deck, but it is a win condition against an opponent that doesn’t play efficiently. Usually aggro players that don’t know when to go face or take out a minion.

2 Likes

Fortunately for them. You actually represent the very small minority in Hearthstone. the majority are mobile players that are willing to spend large amounts of money for the 20-30 minutes they play in order to make themselves feel good.

As long as the games stay quick they will be happy.

1 Like

But I liked the impact of fatigue on the game and the misplays it can cause for both players. Or Team five make a anti fatigue card for every class. If they don’t want it in the game anymore.

Unless you’re Warlock. Or Rogue. Or Mage. Who all instantly win if they would reach fatigue now.

Classes not having drawbacks for powerful plays isn’t good. Game will lose players if caters it to much to casuals. { like WOW} They are going all in on short term profits versus long term health of the game. { like WOW} It’s more civilized and less alcohol in my body lol