They don't care aboutt wild at all, do they?

Mage and pally have been destroying wild for a long time now. But no care in the world of course. Like who thought giving pally a 1 mana insanely op buff or a 1 mana counter spell would be op? Everyone except for Blizzard apparently.

Mage has been a cancer in wild for a LONG time and they don’t care in any way shape or form

5 Likes

They don’t really care, thus the name Wild. It’s a free for all.

Sure they do. That’s why Hysteria and Bloodbloom got nerfed. Beyond obviously game-breaking combos though, no, they really don’t.

4 Likes

Nope Wild is the dumbster mode where everything stays broken and dumb.

I remember they shut down the OTK with the farmer, which only happened in Wild. Is there a new broken combo or deck out there?

they told us months ago on during an AMA wild would get less balance changes than standard

i guess thats why they unnerfed so many cards after they rotated out

And then not even one week after that, they introduced Hysteria and unwittingly created TWO Tier S decks at the same time.

I trust the statement so much as I can throw it. Just because the card may not be in Wild doesn’t mean that that card’s use in Wild may be a driving force in their nerf. The five cards that I believe will be nerfed (Incanter’s Flow, Crabrider, Refreshing Spring Water, Sorcerer’s Apprentice and Animated Broomstick) are a huge driving force in their Wild counterparts.

Just remember that both Hysteria and Darkglare, though both are Standard cards, were both nerfed because of their usage in Wild.

Well, a tier S deck in popularity, a tier 4 deck in strength.
If Flamewaker is targeted for wild reasons, it will be nerfed because of feelings; glare and Handbuff are just a strong. But I am 100% sure conviction will get nerfed because of standard and no way will they touch apprentice.

Yes I think wild is a second priority to them. Not sure if it’s a higher priority to classic, but they want to encourage people to play standard. Wild has a lot of cheap people like me who dont want to spend money :slight_smile:

Anyway, whilst i think in wild, Pally and Mage are both strong (APM, secret, odd pally comes to mind), demon warlock and res priests are also super strong, so there is a place for more than one deck. Nerf pally and mage, and you will see the meta quickly over taken by warlocks and priests. It’s a delicate balance. To be honest, I prefer meeting pally and mage to warlocks and priests.

Hysteria is still a VERY scary card despite the nerf.

2 Likes

I’ll definitely take this over big priest which has no counter play at all. Letting the pull minions from their deck makes corrupting the rezz pool meaningless. They still have never addressed this at all - they just introduced things that are too quick for big priest to work.

1 Like

But big priest is tier 3 deck…

That’s only because of apm mage though, else it would be a tier 2 deck.
With the incoming nerfs and the report from VS… the population of APM Mages will dwindle.

That didn’t stop other classes from being nerfed. Its just Priest that gets away with it. Tickatus is probably next on that list and that’s Tier 4 in Standard and bad to even get a Tier in Wild. But Priest nah they leave its BS alone.

Illucia used to be 2 mana, just saying.

1 Like

If all they hit is Incanter’s, you’ll still see a lot of us. :smile: Incanter’s to 3 would indeed be a hit, but I think the deck would still be viable.

If Flamewaker gets hit too - loses face or whatever - then you’ll see APM mostly go away in earnest.

That would drastically decrease the turn 4 and 5 lethal though. Ironically the deck might become more viable, because less people will play it, thus secret mage will lose in viability…

1 Like

If they don’t nerf buff pally except for crab, I’m done with wild for good. Deleting every card so I don’t ever have to play it again.

Conviciton will be nerfed. I don’nt think Broom will, though.

Wild is Wild. If you start nerfing cards then you turn it into Standard 2.0 or something.
Every card is allowed and that’s the way it is.
I don’t believe Wild can ever be balanced, nor should it be.
But, I do believe it can be broken through nerfs.