The Rogue Dilemma

I played with Rogue quite extensively when this current expansion first dropped.

Now, just a little side note. I don’t netdeck. I play with all the cards and find what works myself. I will go through dozens of iterations of each of my decks, rooting out the weakest cards and replacing them with cards that have greater synergy. And I do much more, like tuning a deck to be “faster” or “slower” depending on how the meta is working out.

That said, again, I played with Rogue quite extensively when this current expansion first dropped. For the life of me I just couldn’t figure out how to make it work. I tried tempo, I tried aggro and I tried zoo. Then I tried to go with the theme they were pushing with the quest and the support cards for the quest.

None of those worked. We are talking about hundreds of games here people, not just sitting down one night and trying to play around. I really wanted Rogue to work, especially the Quest version of the deck, because it seemed like such a cool idea.

But it doesn’t work. I just played against a rogue who, like me, was trying to make the quest work. And they just can’t hang.

In the end, what a Rogue ends up with, the majority of the time, is a hand full of useless cards. Sure, sometimes you can get lucky and get a couple really good cards and you might pull off a win. But that is not the majority of the time.

Honestly, I really feel bad for Rogues, or people who are stuck with Rogue because those are the cards they ended up with.

Hey, I haven’t looked at the Rogue stats for the last few weeks, does anyone know who Rogues are beating? Are they consistently beating anyone at all? They aren’t beating Shamans, I know that much, as my own win rate with my Shaman against Rogues is 75% after 60 matches(45-15). And I have a difficult time imagining them beating Hunters consistently.

1 Like

J_Alexander (Vicious Syndicate) recently hit high legend with Quest Rogue.

The class is more than capable of doing well.

Quest Rogue

Class: Rogue

Format: Standard

Year of the Dragon

2x (0) Shadowstep

2x (0) Backstab

2x (1) Pilfer

1x (1) Bazaar Burglary

2x (2) Underbelly Fence

2x (2) Questing Explorer

2x (2) Clever Disguise

2x (3) Vulpera Scoundrel

1x (3) Edwin VanCleef

2x (3) EVIL Miscreant

2x (3) Blink Fox

2x (4) Vendetta

2x (4) Hench-Clan Burglar

2x (4) Blade Flurry

1x (5) Zilliax

2x (5) Bazaar Mugger

1x (8) Tess Greymane

AAECAaIHBLIC6/ACoIADp6gDDbQB7QKoCMf4Ao+XA5CXA6iYA/uaA/6aA6WhA7ulA6qoA62oAwA=

To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Hitting legend, at any level, is not indicative of a deck’s performance, good or bad.

Well I know you’re refering to standard. But I’d say its pretty fair that odd rogue in wild is pretty solid. I know quest rogue has been feeding on my aggro warrior but thats mainly because fan of knives just shreds it. That said rogue has a pretty weak representation on stat sites right now.

I kind of don’t trust the stat sites or tier lists nearly as much as I used to because I find the ones that have good sample size tend to be rank legend-25 and they tend to bias towards what is happening in the mean group of 10-20 and then the rank legend-5 stat sites tend to have such small population samples.

1 Like