The point of view of an ancien player about the current state of the game

This is my personnal opinion and I needed to speak.

I’m an old school F2P player, who played since Nax extention. Back since the game was very good and still pretty strategic. Still I was not a ranked climber but more of a Arena player.

But nowaday, the game is became crap. And I’m far to be the only one thinking that.
For at least 2 years, blizzard slowly destroyed it. Cause they smell the money they can make, the pre-command make to 20 to 80€ :slight_smile:
First, the rotation which make a huge part of your collection useless.
Then new extention that bring more and more cards way more powerfull then before, wich they release more and more frequently so the card became more OP quicker.
Then they added more RNG to the game cause its “fun” you know ?
And now the free gold from quest is hugely reduce :slight_smile:

Now this game is a “fun” game with absolute no strategy in it, everey single card is so strong individually that every class can have absolute broken decks. So the win depend way more on what you draw. And that’s for the ones that can pay to get a decent collection. That’s without talking on cards that depends on RNG way more present now.

Blizzard reduced the quality of this game to make it more attractive and make the players more attracted to pay.

I don’t even know why i’m still playing it, maybe nostalgy.
Sorry this just needed to go out, that’s my personnal view.
But a sure thing, if you want to play a competitive strategic card game, find another one, cause HS is no more one. :sleepy:

1 Like

RNG is too high, yes, that is ONE of the game’s giant problems.

A bigger one is “why is that RNG so powerful?”

Answer is mana cheat.

Mana Cheat is far too widespread / powerful, than it used to be, far, and that’s the big bad problem, and WHY rng is strong.

Example?
Look at Mage.
Sorc apprentice is fine, it’s like an “innervate” of old and should be balanced around unlike what they did with Innervate. When you intro a 2nd super powerful mana cheater in Biscuit…what is the most mana you can cheat?

Biscuit AND Sorc in the same deck.
Why?
It cheats more mana.
See the pattern?

Free “Rng” cards are wayyyy better than “Rng cards with a cost, or a significant cost”.

Games mana cheat situation is what’s the big bad problem.
The play around is “cheat your own mana faster” and that, right there, is why everyone is so upset (of those who are upset).

Get anti-mana cheat in the game, and watch that balance go right in the middle or close to. Imagine if we had several loatheb cards per class retroactively to classic to next expansion?

Whats that sorc apprentice + biscuit combo deck going to do when their stuff costs 1 more? Let alone 5 like Loatheb?

See?

The devs want us to “no, play your own sorc / biscuit but do it faster or more strategic but it’s the same deck” or “play a different deck that cheats that amt of mana in one spike turn or cheats mana faster each turn to turbo it down”. Instead of “Play this anti mana cheat card or two or five that shut that strategy down”.

Remember, rng isn’t OP, its mana cheat.
Example of that?
Hunter.
In wild, we have RNG. “summon an animal companion!” “Cheat out a minion-interacting secret w phase stalker!” And such. None of that interacts with burn, or giant mana cheat.

A big priest cheating out big threats doesn’t matter unless they can do it cheap enough.
Example.
Last meta, big priest sucked, it was too slow.
Palm reading changed that, and sped up the “Rng” of Essence and thus, behold, the deck’s RNG is good enough bc it’s fast enough.

So, swap “rng” with “mana cheat” and "lack of counterplay to mana cheat that isn’t your own mana cheat’ and that’s HS’s problem, summed. I hope you believe me.

1 Like

Yes that’s kinda what I’m saying.
Not that much of the RNG present in cards its the powerfullness of cards that make the game quicker, less strategic. And sure Manacheating is a thing.

I mean HS is not a bad game, is just not anymore a strategical card game. U can still enjoy it if you like quick and fun gameplay with huge powercreep turns.

as a early Hearthstone player my self i see it as this why do we spend money on Blizzard game if all they going do change cards at request of streamers or top 100 players request

Common player should get say in balance with majority of them spending money Yearly to hath enough cards to still hath fun

in end I feel if common player stop spending money on pre-orders we could started see devs put better work into the game (key word better) because most work they do is mostly Low effort use RNG as a excuse to replace proper balance by let a role of dice choose

(side note:i remaber someone noticed that Deck vs Deck be rigged because it seem build a anti-deck for a deck will make so you avoid see that deck or something wish I know wear it gone off to)

in the end of this ya Mostly agree with this post and something need be done be for self life of this game hit 0 (it fail duels with a meta forming so it back to 1-2 year left unless do something broken)

The mage combo is the newest monster Blizzard has created.
It seriously makes me consider to stop - sick of seeing the same decks over and over and over and over…

Reno is the biggest offender for me, it’s a Plague of Death and Armor up in one card with a permanent effect of 1 Free Spell per turn.
Can it misfire? Sure, but when you have massively stabilized by removing the board and healing 5 you can take 1 or 2 non-useful turns. Like I have watched it LITERALLY save a player who had no Deck, Hand, or Board over the course of 4 turns.
Reno does not really have ANY downside the longer he goes on, as most cards will be beneficial to play.

There are some very bad spells he can cast. A very simple example is casting spells that draw cards when the player already had a full hand or is in fatigue. Other examples include spells such as Astral Communion or Cataclysm. Another example is simply casting a spell that kills one’s own minion or buffs the opponent’s minion.
So you can’t say he has no downside.

this proves you barely played reno if you ever played it