The mini set is not enough to justify the lack of balance changes to constructed

I see 0 new cards in it that can support a new winning strategy

I doubt the meta will even change, most of the new cards is just about garbage vanilla stats

I see a couple, but not for the class I want to play.

Yes,

Why aren’t they doing hourly balance changes?!

That way the meta is always fresh because every net deck is already outdated by the time it gets published.

They just push one update every week with a clock that makes the changes every hour. Surely nothing could go wrong, because the OP decks just get nerfed before they’re popular…

Or it could be total chaos and pandemonium.

2 Likes

We have like fifteen different decks in the top 2 tiers.

What balance changes do you want?

1 Like

Nerfs to whatever he loses to obviously

1 Like

While I don’t agree with needing that many more balance changes, I don’t think the Mini-Set will do a lot to change up the meta.

It just looks like another Galakrond’s Awakening, which in case you didn’t know, had the least percentage of its cards used in Constructed out of all the Standard sets in the last year.

Risky Skipper was the only card which saw consistent play out of the entire adventure.

1 Like

That may be an idea for a new mode.

There have been brawls in the past where you are restricted to certain expansion sets. Maybe make such a mode permanent, with what expansions are allowed rotate on a more frequent basis (maybe every week instead of literally every hour)

::puts on corporate money grabber hat::
They can promote the current expansion by making sure the rotation always include the latest expansion (e.g darkmoon and then like two sets from wild)

the card also shaped several metas

and lets not forget some honrable mentions:
rising wind: big boost for quest and spell druid
winged guardian: anyone else remember embiggen druid?
rotnest dragon: dragon hunter, and also a big boost to highlander
reno: nough said?
cleric of scales: you have maybe heard of control priest with dragon package?
bomb wrangler: enrage warrior?
manasaber: the default highlander 4 drop
frenzied felwing: nough said

2 Likes