The meta is in a good spot

Good control decks - priest warlock paladin and warrior - warrior stil gets you legend
Good aggro and tempo and even aggro/tempo value decks- rogue fell dh murlock decks.
Combo is good - druid, warlock

I feel every archetype is represented in this meta.

4 Likes

I am glad you like it.

I haven’t enjoyed this expansion at all and have played significantly less than I normally do. I think thief rogue is everything I don’t like about hearthstone, tbh, and so many other decks have such dramatic spike turns that the game isn’t honestly that interesting to play.

Even bg is not much fun atm because all the best comps are scammy.

This is just about the most ridiculous thing I think I’ve seen in a bg scam, though…

3 Likes

I agree, this Renathal was a neat way to solve aggro domination without a massive nerf scale across the classes. There is definitely a lot more variation now then before.

3 Likes

I understand rng can be frustating and that some people dont like it.

1 Like

Might be time to take a break until the next expansion. I suggest completing your dailies and weeklies, but beyond that, you can ignore this meta otherwise.

1 Like

You are aware of that there wasn’t a “aggro domination” pre Renethal right?

If I recall correctly, over the years I’ve been playing, aggro is 1.) very prevalent, and 2.) very effective.

As for Prince Renathal’s effect, you need to realize that for the vast majority of decks do not care to run it. Moreoveer, with 40 cards in your deck, you are far less likely to draw the cards necessary for the situation you find yourself in.

I’d say aggro Is still immensely powerful, and played with a high frequency.
it’s undeniable that +10 health is a Godsend for players, and is resulting in longer matches as a consequence of having +10 health. Certainly, this is problematic for face decks – although, it doesn’t automatically mean you are destined to lose.

Keep at it, and who knows? There is always a chance for victory even playing against decks that include Renathal.

The game is in a good spot.

To be perfect they just need to ramp up the complexity just a little.

Agreed. While Hearthstone is meant to be a simple and fun game, suggesting increased complexity would be fantastic. It looks to me the team is slowly, but surely, implementing such cards here and there (i.e. Immolate, Coilfang Constrictor, Okani, and how can I forget Mutanus).

Edit: inb4 people tell us to play MTG. :wink:

@minami – How would you recommend adding more complex cards?
’

Your answer is in 3 parts:

1. Actually i think locations were a good start. Anything extra to use is good regarding increasingly complexity.

2. After that i would try to slowly expand on the cross format that is introduce cards like renathal.

Why is it Cross format card?

Standard is a format with 30 card decks. Decks explicity with 30 cards.

Anything that not goes by the rules is something that isn’t from the format.

People think renathal is the end but in reality renathal is a second try on that. The first try being Baku and Genn.

This is dificult but no one said that do good things is easy.

This allows people to play the hearthstone they want.

3.And we need to review class identity.

In general what should be done here is to be far more flexible turning it more into a flavor than limitation of what a class can do or not.
Class identity should be set by it’s strongest points and not by it’s weaknesses.

In a ideal world classes gonna have the minimal of everything:

Minion Power , draw , spells , disruption.

But receive near insanity powerful cards for what they excel at.

2 Likes

I’ve been doing that for more than a month. I didn’t even get to D5 last month because I flat didn’t care to play the game.

It is stupid to have so many broken things discoverable and then use them to win games.

I want people to make a list and bring it to the fight, not discover one that would be impossible to otherwise build.

I know, I know, I should have been able to play around all three mass poly from the rogue…not. That’s not a game I want to play.

1 Like

Excuse me ? In a good spot ??? Make me laugh. Mana cheat is all it is about. Druid , rogue , mage, hunter… Druid is the worst : Vomits the trash minions then he drops lady pepega for thousands of Kazakus and Haleh cards. How can this be fun ? It’s so dumb and not even worth playing right now. Zero balance as usual. There’s absolutely no place for this kind of stupidity in this game but well , we know how the team works KEKW.

hearthstone? and upped complexity, or, a revert of a lot of the simplifying changes they made in the big patch 2 years ago (that was not a good patch)? i know i wish too.

I guess if you enjoy massive RNG nonsense games this is the best its ever been.

2 Likes

rng? everytime I play Curselock I only face Quest Priest never see it when I change heroes nothing random in this game.

It’s pretty clear from reading replies who here likes RNG and who doesn’t. I’d say if you asnwer

• Do you think the meta has a good level of RNG?

in the affirmative, you are very likely to like this meta, and if if your answer is no, you probably despise this meta.

Myself, I fall into the latter camp. I can understand why people may like RNG, but there are so many games out there that do RNG sooooo much better than hearthstone, it is not really hearthstone’s strength, but rather its crutch.

To do RNG the “right way” in a strategy game, you essentially need the following properties:

• Any large/high variance/or impactful RNG should be injected only at the beginning of the game and it should be guaranteed to impact both players equally.
  • Any subsequent RNG throughout the game should be minor (think rolling a 1d6 dice or a 1d3 dice to determine an outcome, not a 1d16000 dice which is basically what gets rolled everytime a Rune of the Archmage is played.) If you chain many small random events interleaved with autonomous choices by players, you still get a very unique feeling game, without the awful “wow that game was decided purely on a high roll” feeling.

Note, there is a very good reason for these requirements.

For the first requirement the reason you may want a lot of randomness each game is to give a feel of uniqueness to each game that is played. However, you also don’t want games purely decided on randomness, since that degrades your player’s autonomy. This is the perfect way to get uniqueness without diminishing your playing audiences’ sense of autonomy.

The second requirement, is so that skill still can play a large part in determining which is the better player. Show me the (human) player who can evaluate 1600 different outcomes in under 2 minutes and I will show you a cheater and/or cyborg/android.

Hearthstone utterly fails in both requirements I listed above.

1 Like

It was more of a generalization than an actual fact, yes I am aware.

Was there ever a Standard meta that thoroughly satisfied you?

Show me a human who can’t, and they’re obviously not a chess grandmaster.

The point isn’t evaluating a huge number of possibilities with exact values. The point is estimating something that is utterly incapable of being precisely determined within the timeframe given. 1600 isn’t thinking too big, it’s thinking too small.

Wonderful. Laughing is the best medicine.

Play the deck yourself and you’ll see how fun it is.

So? Plenty of other games out there for you to enjoy. I for example enjoyed playing Fall Guys.

you realize post Renethal (as in, right now), the best decks in the game by far are all aggro decks ? Murloc Shaman in particular is both everywhere and also winning all the time.