The Developers of this Game Learn Nothing At All - Transfer Student Really?

More cards that just demonstrate that they don’t think before they create and they don’t learn from past mistakes. Ignoring the obvious card generation that they are adding yet again, I think the worst offender is transfer student. What on earth made them design a 2 drop that has WILDLY different effects depending on which game board you play as…

Classic Boards
  • Orgrimmar - Battlecry: Deal 2 Damage
  • Stormwind - Divine Shield
  • Stranglethorn - Stealth, Poisonous
  • Pandaria - Battlecry: Give a friendly minion +1/+2.
Expansions (Pre Years)
  • Naxxramas - Deathrattle: Add a random Deathrattle minion to your hand.
  • Goblins vs Gnomes - Battlecry and Deathrattle: Add a Spare Part to your hand.
  • Blackrock Mountain - At the end of your turn, reduce the cost of a random card in your hand by (2).
  • The Grand Tournament - Inspire: Draw a card.
  • The Museum (Explorers) - Battlecry: Discover a new Basic Hero Power.
  • Excavation Site (Explorers) - Battlecry: Add a random weapon to your hand.
Year of the Kraken
  • Stormwind (Old Gods) - Battlecry: Spend all your mana, summon a minion of that cost.
  • Karazhan - Battlecry: Add a Karazhan portal spell to your hand.
  • Mean Streets of Gadgetzan - Battlecry: Give a random minion in your hand +2/+2.
Year of the Mammoth
  • Un’goro - Battlecry: Adapt.
  • Frozen Throne - Deathrattle: Add a random Death Knight card to your hand.
  • Kobolds and Catacombs - Battlecry: Recruit a minion that costs (2) or less.
Year of the Raven
  • The Witchwood - Echo, Rush.
  • Boomsday - Taunt, Battlecry: If you have 10 mana crystals gain +5/+5.
  • Rastakhans Rumble - Rush, Overkill: Draw a card.
Year of the Dragon
  • Dalaran - Battlecry: Add a Lackey to your hand.
  • Uldum - Reborn.
  • Uldum (Alt) - Battlecry: Add an Uldum plague spell to your hand.
  • Dragons - Battlecry: Discover a Dragon.
Year of the Phoenix
  • Ashes of Outland - Dormant for 2 turns, then deal 3 damage to two random enemy minions.
  • Scholomance Academy - Battlecry: Add a Dual Class card to your hand.

It’s hard to believe in the developers at this point. Hearthstone is literally evolving into a slightly more complex slot machine.

4 Likes

This card is fine you are totally overreacting. This is a good type rng. RNG that just doesnt flat win the game on the spot but is interesting. Why you hate this card so much?

22 Likes

It’s a deck filler that trades potential high value for RNG. It’s not deck swinging, it’s not something you can reliably play with, it’s a fun card. I think it’s great design.

11 Likes

A yes a card that can generate lackeys generating more stuff, is “good rng”. Or 2 mana 2/2 draconic lackey, or just give every class minibot, or late game topdeck 8 drop with +2/+2.

I’d be surprised if this isn’t yet another card that will see play in every single deck just because of the sheer variance of it.

No one is going to run this in a serious Standard deck.

4 Likes

It doesn’t trade for anything. In 90 percent of those situations I listed above it is a preium card.

Ogrimmar, it’s a 2 mana 2/2, deal 2 damage. That can kill a battlemaster and leave you a minion up. It can go face, and it immensely helps the arly game

Stormwind - it’s literally a minibot, one of the best cards that paladin had and they just gave it to eery single class.

Stranglethorn - It’s a cheaper wasp that will always be a great tempo play

Pandaria - it’s a 2 mana3/4.

They value just get’s better as you go down the list.

If by no one you mean bads, then yes.

I don’t see how it breaks the game. It’s not like a “2 mana, your opponent is in huge trouble if he can’t remove it”.

If minibot was that problematic, then paladin should be tier 2 at least

I am already playing it in wild, because:

1. it’s new
  2. it’s fun
  3. it can gives you good stuff and has normal stats

spoiler: i didn’t win a single match because of this card, but it was good to play it.

Since you can’t choose its effect, you don’t really know in which deck to put it, unless you want a 2 mana 2/2 with a random effect (which is my case).

4 Likes

Does the card in your hand gets its text updated with the effect it has, or are you supposed to memorize all those effects?

Shielded minibot is basically in every non odd paladin deck in wild.

https://hsreplay.net/cards/2026/shielded-minibot#gameType=RANKED_WILD&tab=recommended-decks

A card doesn’t need to win you the game to be crazy. Zilliax didn’t win you the game and he was in every single control and midrange deck you could fit him in.

yes, you can see what it does

I agree, but i still think it won’t be game breaking. It’s a really cool card that maybe will be played even by aggro decks (if they don’t have better cards) because it has potential, but i don’t think it will be bad to face someone that plays it on turn 2.

I also think that the 2 mana 2/2 divine shield is just a mediocre card: without the mech tag, 80% of paladin’s deck won’t have it.
There are definetly better 2 drops to include in a deck

edit:
note: i may be wrong, i am not saying i am 100% correct, but 4 hours (?) after its release i feel like it is a fair card

I am scared of these 2

i am laughing really hard on this one. Overkill = meme mechaninc once again. (it’s still the best overkill that we have in the game :joy: )

I disagree OP. This is truly the best RNG card ever made. Genius!

1 Like

challenge accepted

1 Like

you know exactly what the card will get you once you see the board, none of its effects are broken, everyone got two copies. in what world is it unfair?

1 Like

Well, then, time to learn to recognise all the boards off a glance!

Transfer Student has potential for brokenness but it’s not very consistent. Having 60% chance to be a Battlecry can have synergy with Brann and Shudderwock :smirk:

Well, I’d rather have a really good pre-release card than some janky niche borderline-junk one.

OMG, everyone’s gonna run the new, free, impossible-to-build-your-deck-around NEUTRAL card!!

Good.

9 Likes

just like when vargoth was played by all classes and not just priest :clown_face:
or sathovarr… i don’t even remember him :joy:

I hate rampant RNG but; this card seems like the right amount of RNG.
Time will out i suppose. The card seems fun and not game flipping.

6 Likes

It’s one of those cards people have to test out to see if it’s busted before it steals their soul. Much like yogg-saron.

1 Like

This is the key to RNG. We want incremental advantages from our battlecries, not OMG GAMEOVER BRO!! moments from everything.

9 Likes