The current state of HS

I have hesitated typing this for a long time because I would rather not feed Fanboy trolls but Blizzard, you have got to do something about your development team creating nightmare cards like Zephyrs and Mechacthun. These cards are relentless joy stealers from your game. Essentially removing all points of strategy from the game. I cannot count the number of times I have completely outplayed an opponent to have him top-deck Zephyrs for a win. This may make for great viewership and momentum swings for anyone who is streaming but it also becomes a crutch for the entire community. Mechacthun is a different kind of offensive because coupled with the current mana-cheat environment you have fostered and neglected there is no strategy in warlock other than draw my mecha and cataclysm and Emporer Tharrisan for a win. doesn’t matter what the opponent does…if I get these 3 cards I win the game. no strategy. these cards should never have been created and sadly banishing them to wild doesn’t really accomplish much since they populate the most popular decks in that playstyle. This coupled with an absolutely broken ressurect mechanic is driving me away from my pc gaming altogether. please help rescue me from the pull of the console…AHHHHHH!!!

6 Likes

If you lost immediately with this card… You did not “completely outplay” the opponent.

It shows they were able to get your health low enough to beat you.

I do agree that Zephyrs and Mechcthun do create some unfavorable gameplay elements sometimes - but I also feel that there are counters to these kinds of cards.

Bombs decks and bad luck albatross can counter Zephyrs.

I play mage and i use counter spell and dirty rat at the end of mechcthun games to win. Mechacthun decks don’t even have a high win rate.

Also keep in mind; you are not suppose to win all the time. Every deck should have a weakness.

3 Likes

Zephrys doesn’t just win you the game. If you play him on 2, he’ll give you animal companion, wild growth, or Brightwing. That’s great tempo, but doesn’t win you the game. For zephrys to straight up win, you had to be within lethal range of a damage spell that can be cast at 8 mana. So, under 10 hp. The counter play to Zephrys is to add neutral healing. Or play Albatross. Or just use the major deck restriction and play a Highlander deck yourself.

2 Likes

These are different ways to play the game. And are there for different types of people who possess different card collections.

there is different kind of people in this game. play the game without paying and stay BELOW rank 15 or give THOUSAND of dolars for you become competitive because if you are NEW player there is no chance

You can make it to Legend without paying a cent. It’s gonna take a while, and you’ll be bored sick of playing Face Hunter afterwards, but it can be done.

1 Like

just show friends vids of mechathun, posts them on hs pages, etc. make that card famous. turn away as many people as possible. and save them the trouble of ever trying this game. but dont post about it because the fanboys WILL come out in force to tell you how “dishonest” it is to show anyone that mechathun exists. they will also tell you it isnt played enough to complain about yet EVERYDAY there is a thread about it for me to post in.
but if you complained about 2500 armor druid or endless generation rogue or the new kael druid they would cry about that too. fanboys only want you the show some false narrative where every match is close and won by skill.
nope. drop a card and win. and blizz dont even make it difficult they give you more tools than you need to do it.

1 Like

As long as there is a counter to it no card is that broken, the truly broken stuff is those things you can’t do anything about, as someone already said mecha’thun and Zeph both have counters, you either play said counters or you accept that you’re gonna lose to those decks sometimes.

1 Like

Blizzard doesn’t read forums. You just fed some trolls now !

Actually…and yes you all can mock me for this but i don’t care…I don’t have Zeph. I REFUSE to craft him…furthermore I would hold high criticism for the designers who created him in the first place…to be competitive you pretty much HAVE to play him and that’s not healthy from a gameplay point of view. It limits creativity and essentially means that if you want to consistently be at a high rank of play then you will build a deck with 29 cards and Zephyrs. Also, if you are playing Zeph on turn 2 or 3 then you should have a hand full of whoop-*$$ to drop with the wild growth he is going to give you…the point I’m making is that if you are playing zeph, he was DESIGNED to create the huge momentum swing. He is supposed to be that card you play when you need a board clear, or a weapon for lethal and you didn’t have any other card that could get you there. this is the most undesirable part of him because it upends good, consistent solid play. I think it also becomes a crutch for a lot of players, they rely upon him for that boardclear/weapon/savageroar/spiritwolf or whatever the case may be. between this and all the slot-machine play blizzard is giving us these days it seems like good consistent strategic play is gone.

Sad times truly…I think I’ll go back to playing Civ II now… one of the greatest games ever created…and its educational to my kids too…

HSReplay meta report currently lists Mech Paladin, Dragon Hunter, Resurrect Priest, and Token Druid as tier-1 decks. None of these decks run Zephrys, so it’s clear that Zephrys isn’t necessary for a deck to be competitive.

I can’t wait till Mech paladin goes away too…that was an unhealthy gameplay mechanic as well.

That is NOT what he is implying. What he is saying is how 1 card has turned the battle so dramatically which has happened to me many many times. It is the only card that can take a person who got outplayed badly and allow them to win anyway.

Please share how you can counter Zephyrs? You say Bombs and Albatross’s counter it but that is BS so please explain HOW…

This has NOTHING to do with those 2 cards move on.

1 Like

HS Replay is not the only tell all of all 3rd party web sites… Others list Highland Hunter and Rogue as t1 decks and they both run those cards. HS is a joke of a site anyways.

1 Like

Sorrow, with all due respect, If my post was not clear… I don’t know how an explanation will help you. I felt I put the necessary information to be clear. The answers are in my posts. This issue is beyond hearthstone now. Take care.

So, two questions:

1. Which sites are these?

2. What, exactly, makes HSReplay “a joke of a site”?

Quoted for reality !

1 Like

I’m laughing, laughing at your lack of respect with two simply amazing cards, they can be reasons for victory but see on the one hand the wizard who will take this to another level while the other classes don’t know if yes so don’t cry for the lemons in the eyes they burn because they are approving.

2 Likes

I almost completely dissagree with his rational but… I get a simular notion. Zepherys amd MechaThun are problematic but to me its because I see them as ways to stop streaks. The win condition on these decks are distict anomolies from the randomization patterns in other decks, so if the mating system puts you VS a random one it literraly means its time for you to lose! :rofl: :rofl:

I used to curse old Zepherys, but then I just decided to add 2 Bad Luck Albatrosses to my deck. Haha! The first time I saw a guy play his Zepherys because he forgot, I laughed so hard!

Something causing you trouble? Use your brain and adapt your deck. Don’t just go back to looking for a different net deck.

3 Likes