The Battlegrounds Meta is much too fast now

Battlegrounds previously had this problem with Millhouse being able to build up such a large board that he could eliminate players too quickly in Battlegrounds. Games like autochess are supposed to be swingy, but the problem is that the games just don’t last long regardless of the rank you get. I think the damage that minions can output per turn are too high across the board because a game can end for multiple players after only a couple turns of playing. Even if you are the winner, it just feels like you’ve won too quickly. Anyone else feel this way?

3 Likes

yeah, only when i lose xD

2 Likes

I’m fairly new to Battlegrounds, so my opinion might not be that valid. I feel the games last a perfect amount of time. Any more, and they would just take too long. Any less, and nobody would have their strategy realized.

So to catch you up…

The addition of pirates created situation where you take large damage spikes earlier. Before pirates, it was odd to take 30+ damage in a turn on turns 8-11. Now it can happen pretty much any game you play if someone high rolls.

2 Likes

Murlocs are winning every other game. Something needs to be done about murlocs again which is really odd as bg sped up. How can murlocs be winning so much at 9k rating? Its hooktusk alot doing it which is half the problem. For gods sakes change her power Bliz.

Murloc problem is megasaur/brand combo, one of the 2 piece need to be remove and replace which is probally megasaur since it give way too much value.

It’s not just pirates, though. The heroes, and the comps in general, are much swingier - IF the player lucks out (!)

1 Like

Still dont get how murlocs are winning so much as BG sped up. But I swear somebody hits godmurlocs every other game. Hooky is the culprit alot of the time. She seems to get godlocs more than anyone else.

I have elegant solution. Remove poison as an adapt. Then to get best comp in game you have to built it by hand with toxfin. No more brann / gentle / godroll hey look I win. Seems good.

2 Likes

“Godcomps” feel more common than ever. God knows why.