The Battle for Alterac Valley in Review

The Battle for Alterac Valley in Review

Take a closer look at the Battle for Alterac Valley event.

View Full Article

4 Likes

Id like the feds to take a look at the code but yer all related.

2 Likes

Hey Blizzard, why does Horde automatically end up with both legendaries after losing, and Alliance still has to complete the honor track to get Drekā€™thar?

8 Likes

Despite at that fact, that I played for the Horde, I want to congratulate Alliance players!!! :fireworks:

Honestly, I really wanted to see Horde as a winner, but unfortunately Horde lost this battleā€¦ :boom:

Alliance players demonstrated really good results!!! It was a hard work and difficult way to the victoryā€¦ But they overcame all obstacles and climbed at the topā€¦ They won the battle for Alterac Valley and they can be proud of this victory!!! :star:

But Horde players should not lose heart!!! They must hope that in the future in next battle they will win surely!!! :snowman_with_snow:

7 Likes

It was well fought players of the Horde. Despite the massive outnumbering, you guys were putting in major work. In wild, I didnā€™t encounter many Horde people, but when I did it was good to have a worthy matchup.

The number of Alliance members were just a major deciding factor this time. For the Alliance and for the Horde, well played to all!

2 Likes

So, taking a view at the numbersā€¦ The grand whopping total of honor earned at about, 8b, is about enough for 1m players to complete the track.

If only about 10% from the article completed the track, does that mean hearthstone has 10m played accounts compete in honor related events?

Not exactly, you might find that the mean is just below the threshold. I got to Lieutenant Commander, Iā€™m sure that is more than half way but Iā€™m not really sure. It might mean itā€™s closer to 2m played accounts given the data and maybe half of these are people playing across multiple accounts or servers. Given that 80-90% of the player base is on the Chinese server I think itā€™s almost time they start merging some of the smaller servers.

Congrats to the Alliance!

Im looking forward to more similar events in the future. Next time the horde will rise!

2 Likes

I honestly thought Hoard was going win cause itā€™s hero card (Yes itā€™s a Minion but I meant the faction leaders) fitted so many decks, I picked Alliance cause of the fact, and was like ā€œcool Iā€™ll get a free legendary most likelyā€ - now that not the case, and I donā€™t know how I should feel tbhā€¦

Dear Blizzard team! :stars:

It was a really amazing idea to make a competition between Alliance and Horde players!!! And it will be great if in the future we can participate in competitions like this battle!!! :+1:

1. The game became very hot, more exciting, more breathtaking, more dynamic, more intriguing!!! :star:
  2. Each turn players made more advisedly and distinctly, because every player wanted to bring more honor points for his faction!!! :star2:
  3. Great opportunity to get an additional diamond card in collection!!! :dizzy:

For me it was the best time, because I could fight for my faction, earn honor and feel the pride for all players, who fight at my side and wanted to bring the victory!!! And I want to offer one interesting idea for the future (next card expansion)!!! :fire:

1. If the next card expansion will be about Shadowlands, players could choose the covenant from four: Bastion, Maldraxxus, Ardenweald and Revendrethā€¦ :ghost:
  2. Add in the game new properties: :comet:
  • Renown (for each game players could earn points like we earned honor and rise their rank or titleā€¦ It could give some useful bonuses in game)ā€¦
  • Anima storage level (also for each game)ā€¦
  1. Players could get in their collection one golden card: :sparkles:
  • Steward Mikanikos from Bastionā€¦
  • Baroness Draka from Maldraxxusā€¦
  • Winter Queen from Ardenwealdā€¦
  • Stoneborn General Draven from Revendrethā€¦
  1. In the end of event players could get one diamond card for the victoryā€¦ :v:
  2. Add in game more achievements (also for heroes collection, in this case more players will buy cosmetic skins)ā€¦ :100:

Wish You to stay healthy, good luck in work and many new interesting ideas like stars in the sky!!! :milky_way:

3 Likes

For the alliance all the way - stormwind theme starts playing.

2 Likes

I donā€™t get the spirit of the event.

Horde players, alliance playersā€¦ we all know that in the end of the day they both shared the same decks and the actual leader cards werenā€™t crucial for the event :joy:

This is all good and fine, but are the developers aware of the state of the metagame? Have they read the vS reports and listened to the podcasts? Have they looked at the HSReplay data? Have they heard the pros, streamers, and content creators screaming for weeks now about how 9 of the 10 classes are obsolete at higher levels of play and how Rogue is choking all diversity and innovation out of the game?

For the developers to be waxing poetic about the Horde vs Alliance when they havenā€™t even made a single statement acknowledging what is possibly the most broken and lopsided meta of all time, or providing any information about the next round of balance changes, just gives the impression that their priorities are totally out of touch.

vS stated in their podcast today that Team 5 is aware of the broken state of the Standard format but that technical limitations have prevented them from releasing a balance patch. Why are we hearing about this from 3rd party content creators??? Where is the official PR team??? For Blizzard to remain silent while the meta becomes more and more homogeneous by the day is just perplexing.

Please fix your game. Itā€™s hard to care about things like the outcome of The Battle for Alterac Valley when the game itself is borderline unplayable for anybody above gold league.

2 Likes

See I thought the event would mean mainly the cards used, then the points as 2nd, but as I said , so many deck favor the horde , I was sure it was going win tbh.

1 Like

According to the article, that would be Americas & APAC:

The China region was the largest in terms of players and Honor for both factions, followed by EU, Americas, and then APAC.

But theyā€™ve frequently stated that they donā€™t want to merge the regions (or collections for regions).

ŠžŃ€Š“Š° ŠæрŠ¾Š³Ń€Š°Š»Š° Š±ŠøтŠ²Ńƒ, Š°Š»Šµ Š½Šµ Š²Ń–Š¹Š½Ńƒ) ŠœŠø щŠµ Š²ŠøŠ³Ń€Š°Ń”Š¼Š¾)

So glad the alliance won. Even though I much prefer control decks, I picked horde because I usually play wild and thereā€™s no way vandar could ever be playable in wild. But wild has been such a mess lately that I switched to standard and I have been having so much fun with vandar. Canā€™t wait to get my diamond version.

All of yā€™all talking about ā€œHorde thisā€, ā€œAlliance thatā€ like the factions had anything to do with what side won. Alliance won because the cards were unbalanced in favor of Alliance. Itā€™s just a simple fact of the meta. More people wanted to play ā€œBigā€ decks than aggro decks capped out 4-mana minions. The ā€œBigā€ archetype has worked/been playable during this rotation far more than anything that would support a Drek-style card. Nevermind the fact that thereā€™s already a better Drek in the game - Kazakus the golem shaper. This shizz was designed so Alliance would win. Give me a break. FOR THE HORDE!

It will be very interesting, if in the future players could participate in some breathtaking events like battle for Alterac Valleyā€¦ It was really grandiose and colossal event in Hearthstone!!! :milky_way:

We have a big choice of battleground varieties: :v:

1. Warsong Gulchā€¦
  2. Eye of the Stormā€¦
  3. Strand of the Ancientsā€¦
  4. Wintergraspā€¦
  5. Temple of Kotmoguā€¦
  6. Silvershard Minesā€¦
  7. Twin Peaksā€¦
  8. Southshore VS Tarren Millā€¦
  9. Arathi Basinā€¦

It could be a separate event, which will not be attached with specific card expansion and it could take place in a definite time like a seasonal eventā€¦ :dizzy:

Players could compete between themselves and try to complete a special achievement like a great feat, which possibly to do only during this eventā€¦ :sparkles:

And in the end of the event players could deserve a reward, for example: new golden or diamond card, or cosmetic skin for hero for the Traditional Hearthstone or for battlegroundsā€¦ :gift:

1 Like

ŠšŠ°Šŗ Š³Š¾Š²Š¾Ń€ŠøŠ» Š¾Š“ŠøŠ½ Š·ŠµŠ»Ń‘Š½Ń‹Š¹ ŠæŠ¾Š“ŠŗŠ°ŃŃ‚ŠµŃ€, Š¾Ń€Š“Š° - сŠ¾ŃŠµŠ“