The 2015 cup cake cardback is coming back to the shop

Apparently it will receive the same treatment as the naxx card back (was datamined)

Thoughts on this ?

2 Likes

Cupcakes are delicious!

Sorry, haven’t had lunch yet.

3 Likes

Cool I guess? I don’t care really.

2 Likes

So long as its not preorder cardbacks and portraits it should all be available.

1 Like

Yes! My favorite cardback. I have been wanting this since I started playing.

I kindly disagree.

I have a number of card backs from the early days that I earned. Handing them out to others is crap. If you weren’t here you shouldn’t have it.

1 Like

“Earned” how, exactly?

4 Likes

Well it doesnt really effect you if more people get these cardbacks, its just a bunch of cosmetics, as long as it wasn’t previously paid for content it should be available for free.

1 Like

I’m more looking forward to the pirate themed card back myself. But hey, happy for those who wanted this one and are about to get it. :slight_smile:

By playing at the right time, of course! You have any idea how much TIME and EFFORT it took from him to play the game in the right year and month!? :angry:

7 Likes

I do in fact, since I did exactly the same.

Petulant whining, other people having a cardback does not make you any less awesome.

At least, not unless you use Hearthstone cardbacks as your metric for what a successful life looks like.

1 Like

Did you earn the ranked play card back from April of 2015?

I mean, you know, people played the ladder and won games to get this.

This is stolen valor, imo - like buying a purple heart medal and calling yourself a hero.

There is so much wrong with this analogy I don’t even know where to start.

15 Likes

You got to be kidding me. You didn’t do anything special to earn it besides getting 5 wins in ranked, even if you did whats wrong with more people having more options for cosmetics, your comparison with stolen valor is absurd, this isnt war , its freaking game.

The only thing you risked was a few minutes of your life and your ego.

7 Likes

For a statement like that there is only one reasonable response:
“BHAHAHAHAHAH!!! ‘Muh valor!!!’ Haaaah hahahahahahah!!! :rofl: :joy: :rofl:”

2 Likes

I’m sure my time and effort has no value to you, but that’s not the point.

The card back was earned for a specific action. If you didn’t do that action, you don’t get it. Full stop.

Selling it to you now because it is pretty is BS.

Claiming you did something more or different than what you actually did is the definition of stolen valor. While in scale stolen valor is significantly more egregious, it is exactly the same as wearing a card back you never earned but only paid for.

I hate them reissuing the backs.

Also, if it’s just cosmetic, then why SHOULD you have it? The burden to proove you deserve it rests with your affirmative position.

Wild cards are still craftable even thougg those expansions are no longer in Standard.

Why should cardbacks be any different?

Putting an inordinately large sentimental value on a timestamp doesn’t actually mean anything.

7 Likes

My thought about this topic…ok

1 Like

Yes. It was so specific that there is NO WAY we could POSSIBLY do the same; play and win, what was it, five matches on Ranked, today, right?! :astonished:

First; we don’t need to “prove” a damn thing. Second, why should we have it? Cos we want it and are willing to pay for it. That’s why. :slight_smile:

And let’s be honest; no one gives a rat’s butthole if you got a cardback by winning five matches on Ranked 5 years ago. They just think the cardback is cool and want it too. They don’t think you’re special. I have never thought anyone with an old cardback is special. Just lucky at most for starting the game earlier than me.

7 Likes

Verifiably false, apparently :rofl:

4 Likes

Lemme have a way to get my hands on the golden celebration cardback :slight_smile:

I’d pay a ton of money for it.

Come on blizz, I’ll pay you a few hundreds if that’s what necessary.