Suspend people using Ranked decks in Casual

This sums up the main practical reason why these sorts of “Fun Mode” and “No Netdeck Mode” things won’t really work. Such a mode would have to have specific, defined rules that were hard-coded into a computer program. But since what is “Fun” is different for everyone, you can’t really program it. And since “Netdecks” aren’t one specific thing you can’t program that either. Any attempt to program such a mode would fail because there is not a unified system that defines the terms. As I said … they’re variables. And since they’re variables, they cannot be “defined” in a way that a computer programmer can feasibly work with.

As much as I hate netdeckers, this is simply not how this works mate :-/

Played another Hunter right after that Hunter

Coin animal Companion Huffer start going face
Animal Companion Leokk More Face
Do some trading keep the board More Face
Play Charging Rhino More Face
Play Alpha Wolf More Face Play Kill Command

Routine Pattern done by 6. GG in Casual.

most if not all the players who play t1 decks in casual are rank 15, there’s no rank, no star, nothing to tank…
just remove all gold gains in casual so we can play fun decks and complete our quests there, there’s the ranked mode for t1 decks

1 Like

Sounds like a load of hogwash you just made up. You have no evidence for such things. According to you, all players like myself that are playing in the rank 4-1 region never go to casual to complete quests or play the “flavor of the week” meta deck to see if it has any merit.

Yeah, Blizzard totally needs to develop a system where they check your deck and if it’s in the top 10% of decks they just get rid of gold gains, right? What happens when I bring that Hunter meta mech deck but I switch out 1 card to see if it works?

Have you even thought through what you are proposing and see why it’s a ridiculous idea?

1 Like

I believe the idea is to completely remove the “10g for 3 wins” effect from Casual. For everyone.

Sounds like an even worse idea if that’s what he meant. That means casuals would no longer be able to gain gold, they’d be force to Tavern Brawl or Ranked.

The only way to make this work is to add a third game mode called unranked. Unranked is where you go for gold but expect meta decks but don’t have a number rank.

Then you can gut casual as much as you want.

why is it ridiculous idea? because you won’t be able to farm golds with your t1 deck?

yes

you have fun or you get rewards (golds from wins+ the monthly 500 dusts), what’s the problem with that?

1 Like

Couldn’t they turn off casual for people that have a certain percentage of the cards for each of the current standard sets forcing them to play ranked rather than casual? Surely an algorithm looking at collection percentage should be doable.

You can replace quests and complete them in Tavern Brawl. Not a good argument for new players getting abused in casual mode.

People are very attached to their internet stars. I think a lot of people would simply stop playing if they were forced to risk losing internet stars in ranked all the time.

1 Like

It would make it more difficult for new players to farm gold with jank decks.

you don’t farm golds in play mode if you want to be effective, you do it in arena ><

Such a thing would be possible I’m sure. But I’m don’t see how cutting off Casual from people who have “X” number of the cards in Standard format would accomplish much. Some guy could start a new account, dedicate all his resources to building a fully optimized Tier-1 Netdeck, and tear up Casual because he only had 1% of the Standard format cards. A simple cutoff based purely on the amount of Standard Cards wouldn’t stop optimized netdecks from inundating Casual.

This is an interesting comment.

If “internet stars” are nothing to worry about, it cant be used as an argument against net decking in casual as it contradicts itself - why are you so scared of losing stars in ranked, play your janky memes/quest deck on ladder.

If they are something to be concerned with, then it actually supports net decks being played in casual.

I don’t play casual anymore because in my experience the decks are the same, but the players tend to be more toxic. I see much more emote spamming, roping out lethal, and other obnoxious behavior in casual than I ever see in ranked.

When I would try to play casual, the goal was to play against a different meta rather than to protect my rank. Obviously, I don’t see different decks in casual so I’ve stopped unless I’m trying to complete quests while I’m otherwise occupied and may have to leave the game at any time.

1 Like

This has been my experience too, behavior in casual seems to be pretty baseline obnoxious. I really just use casual to test new decks or complete quests for classes I don’t really play.

it’s because your rank isn’t low enough :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I think a lot of problems would be solved if they had three modes of play: Ranked, Unranked, and Casual. Ranked is the ladder system we know now. Unranked is like the current Casual where you have a hidden MMR and can complete quests and earn crowns for gold. The new Casual would offer no crowns for gold but still allow for daily quest completion.