Suggestion to improve the f2p experience

I had a suggestion for legendaries as a person that very rarely can spend money on this game: Once you get a legendary, it should give you two choices when you go into the disenchant screen: 1. Once a month, swap the legendary you got for a legendary you want, but it can’t be newer than the second newest expansion, or, 2. Get the regular 400 dust. I think this would improve the f2p experience considerably, while still incentivizing people to purchase packs. Leaving the dust value at 400 would also prevent hoarding for future expansions. Thoughts?

3 Likes

No cause one Legendary is 1400 dust, you will always choose the first option.

1 Like

Dusting a legendary is 400 dust though? And the first option wouldn’t give you dust, it would just swap it for the one you want.

I’ve posted previously on this as it’s very common to open a legendary you don’t want or one that will likely never see play:

When the pity timer is up you should get a golden card with text reading: Discover a legendary. You see three choices and pick one. It’s a lot better than just getting a bad one.

3 Likes

Because one Legendary is clearly better than one epic, it should give you the option to change it randomly or pay 100 Gold to Discover one.

Ye i could see that working too. I think most people agree that the f2p could be a whole lot better and satisfying, while still being beneficial for blizzard.

1 Like

Not if people don’t pay extra Gold for the discover

more golds and dusts

1 Like

Maybe as a one-time courtesy for new players. That’d be great! Otherwise, this idea significantly hurts Blizzard’s bottom line.

1 Like

Their “bottom line” is very high friend. they make so much money they don’t know what to do with it. On one of their highest grossing years they fired 800 employees after the fact just so that their CEOs could get even more bonuses for being so pretty.

4 Likes

But it’s still a decision that would hurt their bottom line. You make a good point, but I think what I said still holds true to the reasons they would make a decision like that. With that said, you can meme that they are a small indie company or tell the truth that Blizzard is bloated with cash.

Got any links to what you talked about? I’m interested in reading them!

1 Like

Sorry mate, you’ll have to google it for yourself as blizzard only allows certain apologists and sympathizers the ability to post links in this forum.

1 Like

The thing is, if they continue their current business plan, it will just lead to the game becoming super p2w, while discouraging new players and f2p players from playing the game, and the game will continue hemorrhaging players. Like, as a new player, why wouldn’t you just pick legends of runeterra over hearthstone? Their business model is much healthier and satisfying both for riot as a company, and for their f2p players. Climbing in this game should be based on your ability to craft new and interesting decks, and the decisions you make in-game, it shouldn’t be based on the amount of money you have spent.

1 Like

You can post links by using the Preformatted text tags (the </> icon in your formatting bar).

HS is fine the way it is. People who plays hardcore and actually know how CCG works and plays 3 hours a day play HS. These Riot loyals like Cylick will always bow down to the mercy of “LoR” and lick its knee.

There would still be an incentive to pay, since you wouldn’t be able to swap to the newest legendaries that release, which would give you a reason to buy packs for the latest expansion. They may have improved certain things, but it is still not enough, it is too hard to get into this game as a f2p or as someone that rarely spends money on hs. No wonder viewership has gone down. I just think that there are many ways they can improve the f2p exp significantly, and they still haven’t reached that point after 6 years.

How would it improve the profit of a company?

1 Like

It’s not about being “loyal” to anyone lol. I hate riot, literally the majority of their games are unoriginal copies of existing games, but you can’t deny that they have found a decent balance between the f2p experience and the people that want to pay across pretty much all their games.

Yes but your suggestion breaks HS logic. Players are meant to be played with what they have. And LoR lacks theme and unique strategy, and this is what you pay for in HS which LoR don’t have.

LoR is like HS 5 years ago. After two years MORE new players will start to complain on Reddit (cause they already did and insulted riot this much… they will boil after some time pass).

1 Like