Stupid Idea: Hearthstone Add-on

I was just thinking of some Pokemon stuff when this idea popped up from my drawer and asked: “Wanna do something stupid?”

Basically, it’s a sort of AR-scavenger hunt type game where you can just roam around, Pokemon Go-style, looking for Hearthstone cards.

Just in case, someone convince me this is a bad idea; just want it out of my head.

1 Like

What makes you think this would ever ever ever be a good idea.

In this strange world, you may never know.

1 Like

Why it would be an extremely stupid idea in the current situation:

Many nations are currently under curfew due to COVID-19. Asking people to go outside for rewards in a game is asking them to expose them self to possible infection, fines, arrest or worse.

Some nations may recover in a couple of months, others will take the rest of the year to stabilize.

3 Likes

Never said it was a good idea to begin with, just that it came to me randomly.

Well, there’s your discouragement. Hopefully.

I kind of wanted a long term reason…
But yeah, it came to me at a positively BAD (if not inconvenient) time…

Best blizz can do is 1 dust per 100 km walked. Max 10 dust per day.

There’s always a right time to make (even if you were to think it is a good) suggestion.
This is just not the time for such a suggestion given this type of situation. Let us be wiser than this.

If it worked for Pokemon, it might work for Hearthstone. There’s less attachment to cards, though. Also, Team 5 has a lot more work they have to do to make up the trust with their players before they do anything like that.

Asking people to go outside for rewards in a game is asking them to expose them self to possible…arrest

It’s defeatism like this that allows innocent people to be arrested for the act of simply stepping foot outside their homes.

Concepts not a bad one. I mean not a point for point copy of pokemon-go off course, but a dungeon run style go game where you battle bosses you randomly encounter out in the world has promise. Clans pre set up (classic horde/alliance or league of evil/league of explorers), spells, treasures. . . I think it could work with some elbow grease and polish.

And for those getting “covid” upset, relax, this development wouldn’t be done until long after covid stopped being a thing.