Streamers lie about being "completely Free to Play"

A huge pet peeve I have is of some streamers that say that they are “completely free to play”. They are lying. It’s impossible for these same streamers to have the dust for all of the top meta decks after every balance patch; every stream they magically have all the new shiny legendaries and all the top meta decks crafted. The past 3 years I personally haven’t paid anything… but the first few years I played (I started in late 2016) I did have to buy pack bundles to keep up with the meta after each expansion/balance patch. The last year or so it has been very difficult for me to have more than one top meta deck because of all these brand new powerful legendaries that keep getting printed.

I hit Legend in Standard (rank ~250 currently) and Wild (rank ~100 currently) every month that I play so it’s not like “I’m just bitter they are better than me”… because many of these Legend streamers I have winning records against head to head. I’m just sick of this grifting/gaslighting that many streamers do to make themselves feel high and mighty and make their viewers feel worse about themselves.

1 Like

Not really.

There are tons of “F2P” series were streamers take accounts from literally nothing to legend.

And it isn’t even dificult to be fair since deckbuilding isn’t mandatory in a game you can search lists on internet and they already have the gaming experience.

Most streamers will literally do anything for views. That is how they make their income. With out streaming, they would be flipping burgers. Of course they will do what ever it takes to not have to go back to flipping burgers.

4 Likes

If they paid ANY amount of money on ANY account then they are not truly “F2P”. Free to Play means NEVER paying a single cent on ANYTHING on ANY account.

Keep repeating that to yourself so you not have to deal with being bad.

5 Likes

Add me on NA KamChancelor#11571

Is Rank 250 Legend “Bad”?

2 Likes

Life’s pretty good for some, I wish my huge issues were similar in scale!

Okay. I add sometime.

Also…
Let’s go on it a little while i not have time:

What is the actual difference on being F2P to someone actually spending money?

Some sort of magical switch will flip and give you bad opponents? Or good draws?

If make anyone frustrated was the point they should actually double down on rigging the game against you once you paid.
So you get more frustrated and pay even more.

Otherwise there literally 0 difference other than showing you not need to buy anything if you already know enough.

Your English is terrible and you are completely misunderstanding my point. I never said anything about draws, bad opponents etc… I said in order to constantly (year after year) have all the top tier decks and legendaries crafted you MUST pay money. Having all the top tier decks gives you a HUGE advantage compared to someone who has only one top tier deck, you can easily counter-queue someone who is only playing one deck.

1 Like

So…

If someone did it 100% live you would believe?

If they can send me their bank statements for every account they have ever had then I would believe it, making a new account but paying on “main” one is not Free to Play.

It’s better than the ~85% of people on the planet who don’t speak english.

My hugest issue is packets of crackers that have 29 crackers in them. Why can’t it be 30? Or 28? It’s impossible to share 29 crackers fairly unless you have 29 people.

What is the actual difference?

What happens different from playing in a secondary account that would disqualify it?

I have been F2P from day 1 launch ,never got anything that didnt use gold and i still hit Legend every single season.

The first year was hard because of the limited resources(unlike now ,they shower you with gold ,packs and even free decks with a bunch of Epics and Legendaries).

I can play all my classes (Mage ,Priest,Rogue,Warlock,Shaman and Druid) and i have enouth resources to build anything i want of them .

This game has never been this much F2P friendly anyone with decent resource management and an old account(like those streamers )can easly play this game without using a cent.

2 Likes

I would place pretty big bet that you are lying and have paid money at some point, but hey at least you got some false moral high ground.

Why do you think it’s moral high ground? Is paying immoral? Or F2P a higher class?

Unlike you i back up my posts with proof ,i never used a cent on this game.

This are all the packs i got since day 1.

1 Like

And? It doesn’t prove you never paid.

Your failures are your own just because you cant do it doesnt mean its not possible.

6 Likes

Well dang… Respect to you. Normally when someone refuses to engage in friendly conversation unless you produce your financial records, people write them off as a looney and move on.

5 Likes