Stop whining about Wild OTK 45% WR deck

The deck is mediocre at best.
Before that I used Secret Mage with 58% WR to climb Legend - and that is pretty OP.

Warlock is unplaybale, combo can never be exectued before turn 10 (when you also have about 15 hp only from your draw and you die from anything).

Priest is a bit better, but you can also only execute combo only on turn 8-9.

That wet dream of ''hurr durr if they have 11 hp o board you can paly it in 6-7" will almost never come true, because no one is playing minions in this meta. or if they do, they kill you before you can assemble anything.

The only major deck that is losing consistently is Reno Priest, which serves him right.

Do you know what is the definition of ā€˜ā€˜playable deckā€™ā€™ in Wild?
ā€˜ā€˜Can it beat Secret Mage or Aggro Rogue?ā€™ā€™

The answer is ā€˜ā€˜not even closeā€™ā€™.
I played it in Legend for several hours, and it gets ANNIHILATED by them by turn 5.

This deck is a foul gimmic, and Blizzard know about is (and knew even before undate went live), bur they donā€™t want to intrude (at least at that point), because this deck is not a problem.

Also it can be directly contered with a LOAD of tools that mess your opponents cards and disrupt combos

3 Likes

How do you expect people not to whine about a game breaking combo interaction? Imagine if darkglare wasnā€™t nerfed. That type of unbalance canā€™t go unnoticed by the public.

16 Likes

I agree that this combo is a bit of a BS, mosly beause of the annoying form it execution, and it probably should be fixed or even nerfed in some way.

But it is not a END OF THE WORLD QUIT GAME NO BALANCE WILD IS UNPLAYBALE type of BS.

LIke Demon Hunter was on its release

1 Like

Itā€™s the end of wild if it doesnā€™t get balanced. Iā€™ve been playing wild for 5 years and Iā€™d appreciate if the game mode was kept alive with different deck possibilities and a diverse meta. All I see now is secret mage, aggro, or wretched tiller. Any deck that isnā€™t aggro or secret mageā€¦good luck.

8 Likes

You do know that if you survive the combo, the animation will make you skip your next turn so basically if you dont disconnect from internet or restart the game, not only its a OTK combo but its also ā€œget one extra turnā€. SO if you play reno mage have ice block up with reno in hand ā€¦ you will still die because you cant play during your turn ā€¦ youre force to skip it if you dont disconnect and reconnect to the game to cancel the animation.

So yeah ā€¦ not such a problem ? It is a HUGE ā€¦ VERY HUGE problem.

And OP ā€¦ who say its a 45% winrate deck, its not even listed in HSreplay so yeah your own personnal data mean little. Keep in mind the deck is version 1 ā€¦ yeap its not optimise at all and could end up much more consistent in the futur when they tutor out the combo piece faster with a better deck.

So yeah it ā€œMIGHTā€ be not such a good deck but with what I saw, it is much better than 45% WR imo and 45% or not, you make your opponent skip his turn if he have enough HP to survive the OTK ā€¦

10 Likes

hard to take this statement seriously after reading similar ones each week for years

1 Like

Hard to trust a guy with 5385 posts. You are such a troll. Go look at my comment history smart ***

3 Likes

Well, to be fair, before the patch, Wild Meta consisted of Secret mages, Reno Priests and Big Priests, which were about 50% of meta.

Not much better.

Each class was able to compete for the most part. It was diverse enough, not ideal to only have 1 or 2 decks per class but at Legend rank Iā€™ve encountered each hero. I agree Mage, Priest and even Warlocks are a pain but i donā€™t want a meta of only secret mage and wretched tiller.

Meh, Aviana druid can go off at turn 6 and reliably on turn 7 vs Priests.
It isnā€™t played, though, since it is terrible against aggro.
The only viable combo deck is still only the slow raza priest because it has so much anti-aggro stuff.

Now, I am PRO nerf, because the card poisoned the community in a way: since the new meta, people are pissed and I get accused of BM if I play my thief rogue (nani?).

Even if this deck loses to aggro, it still has reminiscence of MechaThun. And day 1, there are people still refining the deck. From what Iā€™ve seen, aggro isnā€™t still an autowin. Secret Mage is your best bet because not only does aggressive play well against limited removal, but other forms of aggro arenā€™t as good.

1 Like

ā€¦randomly rambling about post count
this isnt normal
you probably need some sleep

The Tiller combo is simply too easy to set off and totally pushes control deck out of Wild.

And the combo can go off at turn 6 with a priest, just sayin cuz i did it.

I really think this combo is not healthy for the game. It is on the same level as the Naga Sea Witch shenanigan was.

But whatever, if devs do nothing, i will play myself that combo for awhile since the only passable threat to it are secret mages.

Letā€™s see what happens.

3 Likes

Some of the best wild Streamers left or are waiting for their decision. Same for other players too.

3 Likes

How can you play your ā€˜Old lovely deckā€™ on wild rn? They say its for fun old decks while you cant play them nor have fun.

3 Likes

Iā€™m just going to say this:

IT BREAKS THE GAME. IT SKIPS YOUR TURN IF YOI HAVE IMMUNITY, ICE BLOCK, OR SIGNIFICANT ARMOR.

YES PEOPLE DESERVE TO TALK ABOUT IT.

You know for a a fact it isnā€™t 45 percent win rate lol you feel threatened that theyā€™ll nerf it.

4 Likes

I saw a youtuber claim he had a 73% win rate with it. Type in Hearthstone Warlock and it should be listed in the most recent videos. 45% is baloney.

2 Likes

I know people personally that only lose in mirror matches (or opposite against warlock or priest). Or a rare loss against kingsbane rogue (some decks are already countering this by adding stickyfingers)

The deck is powerful and consistent: 3 card combo. 2 cards of each type. No legendary needed. Witchwood piper for quick draw of one of the necessary cards.

Priest and warlock by use raise dead if one of they combo minions die. Priest also has seance for back up.

1 Like

Didnā€™t find it. Only this:P
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMdGfuhfhTc

Itā€™s an OTK that can kill you as early as Turn 6-7 with the only counterplay being getting lucky with tech cards like Dirty Rat.

Maybe the stats arenā€™t in itā€™s favor right now, but the deck is brand new and most players canā€™t competently pilot a combo deck.

Iā€™d say itā€™s something to watch out for in the future because it could become a real problem.