Stop gating hero skins behind $80 purchases

Zero reason to pay $80 for a skin, yes you get packs, but I’d get them anyways slowly over time. I don’t wanna drop $80 at once and I feel punished if I don’t because I won’t get the hero skin.

TLDR, add skins to store.

10 Likes

How many store skins do you own?

2 Likes

That doesn’t matter. Maybe the OP doesn’t like the ones that are in the store?

Might be true but the store skins never really sold and we had quite a delay between ‘store skins’ and ‘gated skins’

I have to assume that the ‘store skins’ did poorly (relatively speaking) and that is why they’re no longer a thing. Magni is the only ‘store skins’ that I see with any regularity.

2 Likes

If the store skins had been a success we’d almost certainly have seen more than the 3 being sold. So yea, if the OP wants to see more skins in the store they really should vote with their wallet.

On the other hand, enough people seem to have voted with their wallets in favour of the current model to make it worthwhile for the devs.

1 Like

The reason the skins in store didnt sell, is because its a ridiculous price tag… And yes i own all 3…

I honestly don’t care about skins because there are more skins for some classes than others. Tell me why I have FOUR Shaman skins and only two Hunter/Warrior skins?

IDC about paywalls. If blizzard has been making skins here and there over the past five years this wouldn’t even with discussion because there would be so many different options.

Just make more skins if you’re going to sell them. My lil bro be getting skins every other week in Fortnite so come on yo lol

I agree. I see Magni and Medivh sometimes, but I rarely see Alleria.

I have the three hero skins that can be bought from the shop. I love cosmetic items.

more value to the 80$ pack?

I bought it because I needed a good amount of cards to at least to begin to fill out the collection. I see the character and card back as a bonus. Add the value of the card packs and what a hero would cost in store by itself and you actually save money.

I’m tempted to buy both bundles actually.

cant remember did the 50$include a gold legendary before?

I don’t think it did. I think it was just a random non-golden legendary with the previous $50 bundles.

The first expansion to grant a Legendary as a bonus for pre-ordering was Boomsday which only had a single pre-order option, this Legendary was Golden. The bonus pre-order Legendary skipped Rastakhan’s Rumble, but returned for Rise of Shadows where you got a normal Legendary for the small bundle and a Golden one for the big bundle.

This is seperate from the bonus Legendary for logging in during the launch event that has been happening for far longer.

Elise Looks amazing!!! … but because she is gated behind an $80 bundle AND I really like my Lunara hero, there isn’t enough draw for me to pay that kind of money.

My suggestion to Blizz would have been to make Elise a Mage or Priest, where we are lacking in Hero options. Without that “pain point”, it’s not tempting enough to spend the big cash. Of course, if she was like $10 on her own… I’d probably buy her.

1 Like

Boomsday had both $50 and $80 preorder options.

1 Like

There are a lot of variables that could have caused people not to buy the store skins. It’s possible that people didn’t care for the selection that was originally available.
I honestly didn’t care for them. I bought 2 out of 3 simply because I hated Garrosh and I liked Alleria better than the default hunter.

I think a good solution is to eventually put all hero skins in the store. Make them available for events or bundles at first, and add them to the store down the road. Blizz has an ability to make more money off of skins and people get an opportunity to get the skins that they missed out on, like the nelf priestess.

I want to enjoy the game without breaking my wallet every month on some new “ bundle” just to get a new hero skin.
Like, cosmetics are the definition of mobile games

The skin is the only bait for the bundle. You can like it or hate it but this is a fact and this skin will never be sold without the bundle.