Something very strange has just happened to me

So, I had just received a moderation notification. I click on my notifications to see what comment I had made that had been flagged and removed. Upon looking at the removed comment, I see that it isn’t a comment I made. It was considered “inappropriate”, which it actually wasn’t “inappropriate” anyway. Understandably, I am entirely confused here.

Does anyone know what the heck this is about?

(Is sharing this information against the CoC?)

I’d change my password if I were you.

2 Likes

Probably discussing moderation actions. If you weren’t suspended who cares.

2 Likes

If there is an error, you can open a CS ticket and appeal the action.

If it is in fact an error, they will remove any check marks from your profile so it doesn’t affect future sanctions or anything.

Thanks for your kind input.

So, @Schyla, I went and looked at my security settings, and noticed that on October 5th, someone logged into the Battle.net Website from Philly (I do not live anywhere close to Philly) – only once, however. Nothing in my account has been messed with, either. I’m kinda freaking out. I changed my password and added the authenticator.

How can this happen?

1 Like

Not sure. You can just put in a ticket and tell them you’re worried about your security.

3 Likes

I would but, am afraid of what they might do if I tell them I’m suspicious (like locking my account or something).

Do you use a vpn by any chance? Also, just because you don’t deem it inappropriate it doesn’t mean it isn’t. Kinda hard to tell without knowing what it was.

I don’t use a VPN, no. And I’d share the comment, but is that against the CoC? I assure you the comment was not inappropriate. It is basically someone talking about Diablo Immortal.

Probably you reused the same password on another site?
Adding the second factor is always advisable.

2 Likes

Very true. I mean, I change my password a lot because I’m always forgetting it. Thing is, too, I haven’t ever signed up to any shady websites.

I highly recommend two factor authentication for blizzard.

At one time, I had the keychain one from waaaay back in like 2008, but I have the phone ap now.

I lost access to the primary email from my old blizzard account, so I can’t even recover all my old stuff now.

Edit: Did the forum theme change? My page is different colors and looks radically different than it did before I refreshed the page. Anyone else seeing it look different?

I was in the middle of reading one of the posts about patches when it flung itself to a previous part I had already read and changed colors. Brown became blue…guess next expansion is gonna be Starcraft themed. :stuck_out_tongue: Oh wait I think it is more bluish-gray now.

1 Like

From experience, They will tell you too change your password and add a authenticator. They may lock you out till you do the above again.

Killuminanti do you ever use public computers or a vpn or maybe the forum software bugged out and attributed a post to you that was not made on your account.

I have changed my password and added the authenticator. As for public computers and VPN: I do not use either.

Did you happen to quote a post which did breach the CoC?
I have a few posts removed due to that, but it is pretty rare.

2 Likes

This might be the culprit.

Remember, though, someone logged into Battle.net website from Philly.

Are these 2 incidents related?

Did you create the post that was removed, or was it created when your account was accessed by the Philly guy?

Obviously it sucks you got hacked, just not seeing the relationship between the 2 incidents.

It didn’t occur to me to check if there was a correlation. This log in from Philly was back in October. So, I noticed that I am seeing in the upper left a forum user named System. I can click on his name to view his activity, and this user has a myriad of comments that read: “This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.” Now, I’m even more confused.