Solidarity with Blitzchung. Censored by Blizzard

Blizzard needs to know that this is not ok. We do not support a company that silences oppressed and marginalized people.

This, to everyone who thought the censoring of Jaina and of cards is what kowtowing to one of the worst human rights abusers out there leads (and will only get worse):

taking action against people. Not for anything they’ve done in game (though we could take a moment and remember some lenient actions against some certain notable persons because they hailed from a certain country)…but because their words anger the oppressive and totalitarian regime that oppresses its own citizens, and now seeks to extend their reach outside their borders through their corporate partners.

Other companies have taken a stand, and have told this country what they can do with their censorship board, and their track record of human rights violations…why can’t team 5 and actiblizz?

Is their an online petition? Streamers should inform their following. The community should respond the way the HK protestors have!

Fun fact, south park is now banned in China after last weeks ep that made fun of hollywood writer’s for catering to China’s censorship laws for the same reason.
As well as poking fun at china a bit.

Yeah just read about this and I’m disgusted by Blizzards actions.

When American companies stop representing American ideals then as Americans we need to stop supporting them.

This company is a shame of the gaming world.

I really really enjoyed Wow classic. I hit level 45 tonight so when I read the news I was extremely sad. I can put up with a lot, but if it’s someone’s freedom or my money, I will gladly give up my favorite game so that others can have the same freedoms I enjoy.

I just cancelled my sub in wow and I wont be playing your games anymore. How can you support a litteral facist states propaganda machine? Sickening Blizzard.

Disgusting. I’ve enjoyed playing HS and OW during the years, but with these things in mind they suddenly feel like a taint on my devices. Good bye.

I saw the news about Grandmaster player and hosts being banned and fired for their opinions. The player is not getting the reward money he earned throughout the season. I’m shocked and so disappointed in Blizzard Entertainment. My wish is Blizzard Entertainment to apologize publicly, compensate the player and the hosts, and stop with the nonsensical Chinese censorship support.

With these actions, Blizzard disgusts me. I can’t say what I really feel without extreme profanity, so I’ll just leave it at this.

Well, that’s just a perfect example that money rules the world and “freedoms” are just a smokescreen. Too big of a market to piss them off.

Just like Tracer and Soldier76. They’re openly gay… but not in China. Don’t want to upset our chineese overlords.

That being said, we can cry here all day long and nothing will change. There’s enough players in China alone to screw the rest of the playerbase. Even if Blizz decided to ban all of the players in the US, they would still be better of siding with China (from the financial side at least). Money above anything else.

If you can’t tell the difference between a protest against one of the worst human rights violators on the planet…and an organization that supports pedos, maybe you should do a little more reading.

They make ea look less scummy by comparison every day. They just have to say “at least we’re not actiblizz!”

Undoubtedly… What I shouldn’t do is watch post match interviews to get my information, because it has no business being there.

opposing a totalitarian government

supporting a group that advocates for pedophilia

yep these are totally the same thing, great logic genius!

OBEY!

CONSUME!

Well, let’s not trust what the guy said himself, let’s trust the company…who clearly has a financial motive in all this. One that clearly clashes with their stated values of being “inclusive” and all that. It’s like everyone one else said: they can talk the talk, and you know they repost all the right words on social media…but it’s just empty words.

Disgraceful of Blizzard to bow to such a monstrous regime.

Greed overrules morality once again.

Of course they have a financial motive, they’re a company. They exist solely to make money through the exchange of goods and services. If somebody threatens their ability to remain profitable, while at one of their own events no less, then Blizzard would be negligent in their duty to their employees to not AT LEAST ban that person from participating in future events.

Hate the game, not the player.