So I met big warrior Rattlegore

He managed to survive (easily, since he had only control card and taunt summoning ) till lv 10 . Dimensional Ripper . Got Vargoth X2 , which summmons two other vargoth and two rattlegore.
Managed to kill them 5 time before I die. Too much value xD

Any idea on how to deal with these card as Paladin? There is only owl as silence in neutral and it kinda break the pure archetype.

2 Likes

Ran into one last night that got out not just Rattlegore, but had gained a total of 30 armor just from cheating out two Kargath Primes from their deck on top of their many other plays.

Never even got my Buff Priest below 20 health lol

The Light Shall Buff You

Class: Priest

Format: Standard

Year of the Phoenix

2x (0) Power Word: Shield

2x (1) Frazzled Freshman

2x (1) Imprisoned Homunculus

2x (1) Inner Fire

2x (2) Cult Neophyte

1x (2) Mindrender Illucia

2x (2) Power Word: Feast

2x (2) Sethekk Veilweaver

2x (2) Voracious Reader

2x (3) Apotheosis

2x (3) Dragonmaw Overseer

1x (4) High Abbess Alura

1x (4) High Priest Amet

1x (4) Maiev Shadowsong

2x (4) Power Infusion

2x (5) Psyche Split

2x (6) Devout Pupil

AAECAZ/HAgSppQPtvgPD0QP70QMN+ALlBJa6A5u6A6+6A7C6A+m6A7TRA7vRA8DRA8bRA4vVA6PVAwA=

To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

5 Likes

Would be curious to know if a subdue et al would make the next Rattlegore a 0 attack minion, given that its deathrattle resummons at -1/-1.

1 Like

Yeah, Priest has good silence and good removal. Just plague of death do the job.

Sadly, it doesn’t. Nor does libram of justice, equality and all these effect.

3 Likes

Ouch, that’s a bummer. My paladin deck will collect cobwebs until I get a few more cards then…

On the flipside, my free legendary was a Rattlegore! Fate must be telling me something.

You were just unlucky while warrior hit good draw. Won’t probably even take that long before big warrior disappear as so many deck can kick it.

Paladin is quite good atm, I’m diamond in a few hours. probably because people are messing around with deckbuilding, but still, if you have Abbess, its worth doing a buff libram deck .

Yeah, I think you’re right. Even if the matchup happen to be bad, its okay, can’t have good matchup against everything.

1 Like

I’ve seen it a few times. It seems like a very strong deck, but very RNG highroll dependent. Kind of like that Survival of the fittest/animal guardians deck. Time will tell if either deck is consistent enough to be competitive. I’ve been playing the latter this evening and it’s capable of doing disgusting things when it draws well, but for every feast there is a famine.

1 Like

Heh. Yeah I met quite a few druid too. I’m always scared when I see one, because I know if I don’t have a good curve and some quick snowball I’ll be overwhelmed in the mid game. The cleave minion, especially, is very strong. And the beast that draw 2 card give druid some consistency as well.

My last game vs druid.

Druid at 3 mana
lighting bloom x 2
kael
guardian animals - teachers pet, twilight ruuner
twilight runner attacks, draw
coin
crystal power
guardian animals - teachers pet, twilight runner

my turn
esc
concede

2 Likes

Big warrior isnt even a meme. Its really gud.

2 Likes

The weakness of Rattlegore is its cost, at nine mana, in the Warrior class. I can’t think of any way Warrior can get that out before it hits eight mana with a coin. It also is not a taunt or rush minion. If you can kill Warrior early, Rattlegore is a nonfactor. If you let the Warrior live that long, I hope you’re playing a class with answers to big minions.

The value is hitting it with commencement+maul or Dimensional+maul
And good luck trying to kill big warrior early unless you hit the nuts

1 Like

Big Warrior is 62% winrate. Warrior is 3rd best hero in game. Big warrior is no joke.

Frosty doesn’t know of commencement Urza.

1 Like

funny how everyone rated rattlegore so low and I had him as 5/5

Everyone assumes that everyone is running silence

So many stats for the mana

1 Like

To be fair, a few of the new cards that have ended up being staple in the deck had not been revealed at the point where people were discussing Rattlegore. I personally was unsure, but I also agree that people were way too quick to assume that everybody would be running specific answers just for a chance at seeing Rattlegore. But hey, maybe if the deck ends up oppressive enough people will have to start doing that.

I don’t think it’s oppressive. I seem to be smacking it pretty damn hard with my quest / rez priest.

The real problem is paladin which I don’t feel bad about since it’s got a 60+% win ratio according to HSReplay

Maybe its BGH meta again! So many big minions. Priest could run a mind control in this meta and feel gud about it at least for now. Huge edwins. Huge rattlegores. Huge authoritay minions. Huge everything.

1 Like

Even with silences, the fact that it’s in warrior and it has decent stats makes it kind of like silencing a Ragnaros after it did nothing and hit a 1/1. It’s still a big body regardless.