Sn1p-Sn4p Could POSSIBLY See a Nerf

Simply put.

Along with the buffs Blizzard recently rolled out, they have announced a new mech being added. This mech is named Sn1p-Sn4p, and is a 3/2/3 mech that reads “Deathrattle: summon 2 1/1 Microbots.” and it has Echo.

This means with Reckless Experimenter, which reads “Your Deathrattle cards cost 3 less, but die at the end of the turn” will allow to place down infinite Sn1p-Sn4ps.

While Reckless Experimenter is a Priest only card, this could still spell problems. Even worse so because Priest could potentially silence taunts in the way before getting the combo off. Allowing but ONE mech to slip through could potentially mean losing the game instantly as soon as turn 5.

So, with this reason ,I believe before Sn1p-Sn4p is released, the cost will be simply bumped to 4 mana. Still a playable card, and it’d negate the combo.

It being 4 mana still makes it useful, but not busted with Reckless Experimenter.

Who knows? It might, never put it past 'em. At this point, I’m not putting anything past them after BUFFING cards. What do you guys think? Think it’ll happen, or think the combo is possibly too fringe, resource demanding, and niche to reliably pull off? Let me know!

2 Likes

But if they nerf it before its released I wont get my dust refund :rofl:

14 Likes

Couldn’t have said it better myself!

All about that dust!

Even though it’s not a HoF so unless you crack open open from a, what, classic pack? (What expansion is Sn1p-Sn4p from?) You’re not really getting any dust. We must find other ways.

2 Likes

Seriously though, I’m hoping it goes live as is and lasts at least a few weeks before any potential nerf. I have an event in mind that I am considering hosting, but it relies on the 3M cost of SN1P-SN4P to work as it is currently in my head.

2 Likes

FYI, the deathrattle is summon TWO 1/1 Microbots.

Other than that, will this be an era of Mech Priest?
I fear this might be.

Mech Priest, the tyrant itself.

Also yeah lemme check, I just assumed 3…

yeah it’s 2. I’ll fix that right now, thanks for the correction.

This community lost their minds previously with broken combos at the beginning of expansions but most of them were absent and not played at all.

This legendary won’t save priest and won’t make it super broken. I get it, they need only 3 cards but in current year of the dragon but priest doesn’t have powerful control cards as yotr. Mass Hysteria can’t hold this class.

Thats true, but Priest does have a very strong draw engine atm. Is that enough to carry the deck? Maybe not, but it definitely has potential even with their “mediocre” control tools.

5 Likes

4 mana would make the card so much crappier, and hardly legendary. I find it much more likely that Experimenter will say reduce by (2)

4 Likes

An Experimenter nerf would be fine as well, but the Priest combo isn’t the only reason this card has me worried. I could easily see it becoming another Zilliax, played in everything because why wouldn’t you?

Great stats for the cost even though 2/2 of them are on a Deathrattle plus both Echo and Magnetize, a combination that lets you decide what you need - one giant creature or several smaller ones and the Deathrattle refills the board with small tokens that can then be turned into further threats

It acts as pseudo removal with Boom up, providing 12/15 in Rush stats on turn 9 for Warrior

It enables Mech Hunter to set up multiple threatening bombs simultaneously or pump one thing up massively depending on need

I could even see it being used in Token Druid as a turn 9 play for 3 bodies that split into 6 the opponent now has to deal with before you buff them (same application in Murloc Shaman via Bloodlust for burst damage).

It fits in aggro, it fits in control, it probably fits fine in midrange too. It enables an OTK combo.

Maybe it won’t be as good as I think it will, but I’m very concerned about this card even outside Priest, it just seems to do far too much

2 Likes

They’ve got the bot that pulls deathrattles, though.

1 Like

Just add SP wording. Your DR minion cost (3) less and cannot cost less than (1).

2 Likes

How can they release this card as is? Its just instant win with a mech on board, sn1p sn4p in hand, on turn 5 with reckless experimentor. This is going to be one of the most oppressive combos of all time only requiring 2 cards and any mech on board. Like explodinator lines up perfect with 7 health of stuff you have to kill or you die next turn or even the 4 cost stealth mech. This combo is absolutely bonkers. Blizzard will have to nerf this the day its released.

I think we will see Experimenter nerf before this card gets nerf. Its comparable to Harvest Golem but also having Echo and Magnetic. It wouldn’t see play at 4 mana outside of created by RNG. I don’t think this is Zillax 2.0 as there are decks that won’t want to run this that do want to run Zillax. Mech decks would want it, Token Decks would want it, random whatever decks don’t want it the same way they want Zillax.

Sn1p-Sn4p is from Boomsday. However, I don’t believe you can unpack it.

1 Like

Yeah, probably. I just wish that card had had a chance to really shine.

Yeah I was commenting only a couple of weeks back that Reckless Experimenter was a really interesting and unique card that has seen zero support and now we get this!

Would be pretty annoyed if Experimenter ended up getting the finger to save Sn1p-sn4p, priest is already bottom of the pile.

Maybe the combo won’t be as broken as it looks, we’ve got to assume they playtested it (!?), can’t see them nerfing it before release , so we will find out soon enough! (perhaps the long animations make an otk difficult? more APM priest shenanigans!)

Could also see this broken in Druid as well. Heck it is broken in any class. Great statline and deathrattle, magnetic and echo!

Maybe get rid of the magnetic ability would tone it down and stop the OTK for priest?

Lets NOT nerf cards before they have been released, nerf them after…dust is important to us all!

Where did you read this?