Slowdown to unplayable with Plague Lord

or, Plague Lord vs the iPad 4.

Hearthstone slows down in long games and in campaigns; this is noticeable on slower devices like the iPad 4. Memory leaks, I’m guessing.

So, you get to the tavern innkeeper, and quit and restart Hearthstone, because you’ve played three or four games and it’s starting to slow. Becoming unresponsive to touch, and laggy. And restarting fixes that.

Now, with the 300point Plague Lord, even if you restart Hearthstone just before playing the last game in the campaign, the slowdown will force you to lose even if the Plague Lord doesn’t, because the match is so long and the slowdown kicks in. Restart in the middle of a game? have the Plague Lord take two turns while that happens, and beat you.

I’d quite like to lose on my own inadequacies at playing, not on Hearthstone’s inadequacies at sustaining performance.

That should not happen. In all solo adventure content, there is no time limit on the turn. So restarting should not cost you a turn.
(Yesterday I got interrupted when I had almost beaten a Plague Lord; when I returned to my laptop, about an hour later, the game had automatically disconnected due to inactivity, but after I restarted it reconnected to the exact same game state when I had to leave).