Slightly disappointed

I play Hearthstone since 2014. I bought every expansion since BRM, all adventures and plenty more random stuff.
One week ago, right before the launch of FAV, i found myself still one level short at the previous reward track (LvL100). I know i should have had plenty of time getting it, but circumstances weren’t always in my favor. I reckoned reaching out might bring solace.

[quote]"(5 hours before launch) Hi,
@ Hearthstone, i’m at lvl 99 in the current rewards track, which will be renewed in a couple of hours. With only one open quest (spend 500 mana) and no time to finish it, i am affraid of losing the lvl 100 rewards (4 skins) or whether “unclaimed rewards” will be granted after all?

cheers,
Frank"[/quote]
&

[quote]"(Right after launch) Shoot! I tried, but only managed to spend 469 mana. Really sad i couldn’t complete. If i had 10 more minutes, i’d be able to get the final 31 mana. Is there a way to still grant me the Undercover Scabbs Hero skin, the Fauna Friend Guff Hero skin, the Tamsin Triumphant Hero skin and one of the remaining LvL100 skins? I already have Nightslayer Valeera and Fel’Heart Guldan.
I’d be very appreciative.

cheers,
Frank"[/quote]

Great was my disappointment when the day after i got the answer …

[quote]"Hey there Pat! Game Master ********* here!

I understand you’re reaching out for clarification on the rewards track for Hearthstone and the Tavern Pass.

Rewards that have been obtained but not claimed are automatically granted to your account so you don’t miss anything you’ve unlocked! That being said, rewards that wer not unlocked in time, such as the level 100 reward while at 99, are no longer obtainable and are not granted to your account. Customer Support cannot assist with bypassing this as it is designed to be a reward for obtaining the level.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please contact us again in the future!"[/quote]

Somehow i couldn’t believe it. Nothing’s impossible. Is it really so difficult to work some magic and cut your (shrinking) community some slack.
It’s been a week and i haven’t activated the new tavern pass yet. I haven’t even found the craving to actively play any further, for the first time in 7 years.

Apologies, but i needed to vent …
/Frank

You didn’t earn it. Why should you get it?

3 Likes

Welcome, I see this is your first post. But I hope I don’t see too harsh:

I don’t get the issue here.

You didn’t make it to 100. You don’t deserve it. You are not ENTITLED to the rewards.

People that put in the time will make it easily.

Live and learn. If everyone could email and get what they wanted you wouldn’t have to play anymore. It isn’t fair to those that go by the rules and earn it.

3 Likes

So you were at 99 (close to 100) , but did not make it due to X reasons .

While i do feel the slight disappointment asking to be awarded the lv100 reward just because you paid but didnt have enough time to reach is simply farfetched …

Holy light people, you’re acting like he’s asking for a freebie without putting any effort in. for 10 minutes and lack of 31 mana.

The schadenfreude is real.

And before the flood of “wahhh” “muh entitlement” “etc” starts, I have the opposite problem as the op: I’m nearly out of hero skins I want on the reward track, and would like options that I would give a rip about. I’m tired of seeing the crab in the bucket mentality, here and elsewhere: people enjoying others pulled down, the whole while “don’t mean to sound like” the whole while sounding just like that.

I’m sure they’ll be put in the shop maybe for gold, but probably for some dumb overpriced cash option at some time in the distant future, but that’s not the point: op was just asking for a small (very small, all things considered) break, and people here decided to pile on.

Even in the best of times, the internet sucks. But maybe just maybe, the company and forums could try doing their customers a solid for once?

If they cut you your slack, then everyone want their slack too, 99 or 1 doesn’t matter, a slack is a slack.
There are Rules… Without them we live with the animals! -Winston John Wick Chapter 2

1 Like

That implies the company advertises it, or it becomes public knowledge, instead of the grateful op going quietly away knowing they (and the rare people in similar situations) were done a solid and shouldn’t blast it all over the internet so some doofus who went two levels in thinks they should get theirs too.

There are no secrets that time does not reveal.
Some day, s.o will tell the tales (Like OP will share with his friends).
And again, There are RULEs.

I’m sure I could find some movie quote about exceptions, rules made to be broken, then quote myself like it matters…but it wouldn’t move the conversation forward.

That’s all fine and mystical, but not very practical. Plus, where is Atlantis? Oh right. There’s those pesky exceptions again.

Is it ever good to break the rules?
Since you keep pushing it, i’ll just say it then: why should the dev break the rule for the OP? because he is 31 mana short from complete a 3 months-track.

There still TIME, The Not-like-you-gonna-live-to-see-it TIME

when i saw “rules made to be broken”, i know Nothing matters to you. So i’ll STOP here, cause in the end is not my business.

You should never have opened the door with John Wick. Second movie, how it ended.

Or more realistically: killing is always wrong. Yes? Now, you are faced with the choice of letting someone live who has stated they will leave the room to kill more people. Kantian ethics in this scenario poses the question which is the greatest evil: killing one, or letting one kill more.

Yeesh, calm down it’s a forum conversation, not a lead in to a bar fight. Take it down a notch.

You really need to dial the edgelord back from 11. If nothing mattered, I wouldn’t have posted here in the first place. Also, since you seem to know everything: how about posting the answers to solving world hunger, clean energy, and FTL travel.

OP just brings up a small part of some larger issues with the BP system: the unlocked rewards, the grind for those people with all the time, and hit 400 and not getting anything for their time once they get there (isn’t their time worth something at that point?), the nature of the reward pool being ever more diluted among game modes, and so on. Rather than piling on op for whatever his out of game time commitments are (maybe op is a lazy person, maybe he’s working on the cure for cancer, who knows and it’s none of our business) it’s clear it’s one of those times where an EXCEPTION to the rules was warranted, which the company does all the time when it suits them.

Please, give examples of such exceptions by Blizzard.

when they changed Ysera and Shadow form, they only offered a refund for Ysera, for whatever reason :upside_down_face:

this doesn’t mean you should get 100lvl rewards when you are at 99, it’s just an example that fits here

That’s because by nerfing the Core Ysera, the original Ysera from the Legacy set was nerfed as well. The Legacy Shadowform was not touched, only the Core Shadowform was “nerfed”.

If this is true, then I can’t see the shadowform that costs 3 mana and upgrades your heropower while in the wild collection; but I have it in classic

It can only be shown in Wild if you click on the Legacy tab under the Wild section, other Wild will just show the Core version.

I can’t put it in a deck, so I assume the 3 mana version is not playable in wild

I mean, I’m already level 40 on this new track. And this is the first month. I could take a month break, and still hit 100 by the end of the expansion. Unless you’re playing once a month, it’s not a challenge to get the rewards. And if you’re only playing once a month, maybe you shouldn’t focus on it?

“dO yOu NoT hAvE pHoNeS?!”
Thanks, if we wanted to hear more tone deaf messaging in the vein of the company line, take a number. If you had bothered to read the op, instead of your pointless flexing on him, you would have seen that he also was just shy of 100 on that track also.

Maybe you shouldn’t focus on bashing people you didn’t bother reading about.

What? Where in their post did they say they didn’t read the original post. How is that pointless flexing? It’s done to illustrate that it’s very much possible to reach level 100 in 4 months, therefore it has a point.

Maybe you shouldn’t focus on bashing people you didn’t bother reading about.

1 Like