Skull of Guldan Outcast bug

When playing Skull of Guldan from an outcast position, the 3 mana discount will not be applied to the first card drawn. If i draw my Aldrachi Warblades first off of Skull, it will remain 3 mana, while my next two cards get the discount.

Problem was consistent over several games on mobile with iOS 14.2.

deck used:
AAECAea5AwTaxgPUyAPP0gPQ3QMNh7oD17sD4LwD2cYD/MgD0c0D+84DzNIDzdID1NID99UDxd0DzN0DAA==

You drew a soul fragment, which drew the warblades

2 Likes

There’s been a lot of posts about Skull of Gul’dan not giving the discount on this forum and in nearly all cases it involves Soul Fragments being drawn which are working as intended in this interaction.

Ok so i’ve played this deck a couple dozen times in the past few days, and it will bug before, after, or even without drawing soul fragments. for instance, i can draw warblades first and they won’t get discounted, followed by a soul fragment. i can draw card, soul fragment, card, soul fragment, and then the last card i draw will be discounted, but the previous two won’t. is that still the interaction working as intended?

1 Like

As an example: instead of soulshard I will call those cards c.w.d. (cast when drawn, bombs, deck of wonder spells, waxadredd’s candle and some others work the same way.
First card drawn: no c.w.d.: should get discounted.
Second card c.w.d, draws another card: this card is not discounted. (not drawn by skull)
The third card would be discounted again. But if you draw another c.w.d. you lose the discount again.

I hope the explanation helped.

1 Like

This happens to me too when first drawn card is the weapon and it is not getting discounted.