@Site Staff: May we please have increased daily Likes?

@Callie

Greetings, fellow humans! I hope this message finds you all safe and well.

We appreciate all the work you do behind the scenes to keep these forums running smoothly. :sparkling_heart:

I was wondering if it would be possible to increase the daily limit of Likes posters have available across all Trust Levels? I think doubling them across the board would be reasonable.

I find myself quickly running out of Likes merely participating in the forums a fair amount on a given day, and this issue would be exacerbated if we ever approached or exceeded our old levels of activity.

It makes me feel bad that I cannot express my gratitude for others’ contributions solely because I’ve done it to “too much” by an arbitrary definition, especially when that limit seems rather low for the number of posts this forum can accumulate in one day.

I know some people contend that Likes can be used for posts one finds useful or enjoyable whereas other posts can be replied to, but I find this to be a haphazard limitation; there is no reason that I should not express my appreciation for a post and reply to it. Furthermore, following this advice doesn’t guarantee sufficient Likes regardless.

For a common situation, thread creation can quickly drive up the Likes one uses. The opening poster of a thread might want to show their admiration for valuable posts, or even for most of the discussion presented if they deem it useful, which alone could result in dozens of Likes in just one day.

Yes, sometimes people can use this feature to spam. However, there are much easier and more distracting ways to spam the forums, and at worst someone being “stalked” might get a few notifications if they have them enabled. Even this outcome is rather positive, since there is no “Dislike” variant.

Besides, the amount of Likes increases with Trust Level, and that requires legitimate work to obtain.

Speaking of which, Trust Level 3 should have an increased Like capability over Trust Level 2, just as TL2 has this over TL1 – in addition to the overall limit increase requested in this thread, to clarify. It seems like a fair additional reward for that level of effort. :stuck_out_tongue:

While we are on the topic of Trust Levels, Trust Level 3 has rather extreme requirements for a forum of our moderate activity level. Would it be possible to decrease the proportion of threads and posts we need to read to maintain it? Perhaps you could add minor posting activity requirements to compensate – that would make much more sense as a measure of contributions anyway, as opposed to religiously reading at least half the posts on the forums at all times.

If the features have to be the same across all the Blizzard game forums, would it be possible to escalate this request to the webmaster if applicable? I imagine that many players feel this way across all your forums.

Thank you for your time, and take care! :smiley: