Should I trade 4 legendaries for Shaman Quest?

I’m watching Master Tour right now on PlayHearthstone, and quest Shaman is completely dominating the field. It destroys other classes like nothing. It makes me really want to craft the deck.

The thing here is I don’t have the card yet, but I can trade Rogue’s Quest, King Phaoris, Armagedillo and Dinotammer Brann for it (I rarely use those cards). Do you think that I should make the trade?

Tournaments aren’t ladder. No.

10 Likes

All 4 of those cards you listed have better decks in them than quest Shaman right now(tied with quest Rogue). I thought quest Shaman would be tier 1 too since I have a account dedicated to playing mostly Shaman but unfortunately it’s not that good, at least right now.

2 Likes

No, I think it’s rarely worth trading in 4 useful legendaries for 1. Quest Shaman is fairly flexible and you can build the deck around it in multiple ways, but it’s not that good to disenchant those 4 legendaries. You also need to consider what support cards you have for it already.

I don’t know what your collection is like, but if you don’t mind being potentially screwed in the long term, being stuck with 1 deck and not able to have fun with many different legendaries, then go ahead.
i.e. putting all your eggs in one basket.

1 Like

Short andser. No.

Longer andser. 4 good cards that see play for 1 aint a great deal.
If you realy want that card i suggest you look trough your golden cards and see if you reach their dust if you DE them instead(if you havnt already).

Or grind more gold for packs.

2 Likes

Better yet… Do you have 4 gold Epics or 1 gold Legend?

You’re watching the tournament so maybe they’ve begun figuring the Quest out some but right now in Standard I feel Quest Shaman is a ‘trap’ deck for the class.

2 Likes

No way! Those are fantastic cards. The Shaman Quest isn’t that great on ladder.

Its not about the shaman quest.

Its about the 4 leggies you about sacrifice.

2 Likes

I see, it’s true that the trade looks bad. The only reason that might justify it is that I don’t enjoy decks that using those 4 cards. For example, I can’t stand Hunter or Rogue for the last couple expansions. King Farios is the only card that I used recently on Reno Mage, but most streamers cut him by now.

But I will hold off the trade for now, hopefully I would grind enough gold in the next couple weeks to craft Shaman’s Quest. Don’t Blizzard dare to release their solo content by that time or I would have to buy it with cash.

The game is very expensive for people like me who like to chase after trendy decks :).

NO! O_O

• Rogue Quest is so much fun to play and doesn’t even cost that much to build (you need Tess at one point but after that the deck is even playable in Wild with minior changes)
  • Phaoris is a strong cardby himself
  • So is Armagdillo and Dinotamer Brann

NEVER dust legendaries from a current set - especially if they are usefull and actually see play.

1 Like

Don’t dust legendaries from a new set, unless you know for certain you are done buying packs from that expac.

2 Likes

Troll post?

The only card of those 4 that you could disenchant is the rogue quest. You would be absolutely crazy to dust pharaos (hes good in any deck that uses big spells and has 5 expansions left to go,surely he will be usefull at one point) and pretty crazy to dust bran and arma,but if you NEVER EVER play rogue and hunter then maybe.

Also I would craft the other shaman legendary before I would consider crafting the quest.

The legendaries (except for quest) you have are too bad for dusting. I suggest looking if you can dust any of those:

Dr. Boom
Luna’s Pocket Galaxy
Zilliax
Shudderwock
Zul’jin
Hagatha
All kinds of quests
Leeroy Jenkins
Conjurer’s Calling
Dynomatic

Thank you!

It depends, what you main. BUT, do not dust King Phaoris.

I have set myself a rule, never dust neutral cards, especially not neutral legendaries.

King Phaoris is one of the best legendaries in this expansion and may be part of Shaman decks in future.

I would suggest not to dust legendaries from this expansion yet. Unless you really don’t like any of those classes.

Plus all those you stated are really good.

Dust any Duskfallen Aviana or Millhouse Manastorm or absolutely unplayable legendaries only if you really need dust.

How about you disenchant your Barnes instead ? Mr. Big Priest player.

1 Like

No. Too many control warriors on ladder. When facing QS it doesn’t matter what they do. Just control and aim for fatigue.

I would dust

Nat Pagle
Millhouse
King Mukla
And maybe eight trash rares

Over any of those cards listed above

1 Like

I crafted the shaman quest because it’s my favourite class to play. But I find I like Hagatha more than the quest and they don’t really work together.
Thing is, you need to play 6 of your battlecries before you get the quest reward. You’re not going to put 30 battlecries in your deck, you also need support. Some battlecries you’d want to double you might need to play early to survive.
In my short experience, the pay off isn’t that big and shaman has other ways to make battlecries go off twice.

Eta: but if anyone can give me a deckcode I am happy to try to adjust my opinion because I’ve just dabbled a bit myself and didn’t look up any lists. More of a homebrew kinda player (:

it’s a fun deck, it just has a long way to go toward being optimized i think. tons of room to tweak and play with the deck. if you actually enjoy deck building, craft it.

i’m running a package with mechs and arena fanatic, currently 67% winrate. it’s inflated cause of memers in the dumpster, but it feels pretty good.