[Sept 13] Battle.net Login Required & Play Button Greyed out

Ever since the update this week, every time I switch from one game (generally WoW) to HS on the launcher, the button is disabled with a “this game requires you log in to Bnet in order to play” message, except I’m already logged in to BNet and most of the time talking to friends over the BNet voice chat. In order to play HS I have completely log out of BNet, and log back in. I can switch to whichever BNet game I wish after I’m done, however, if I want to come back to HS the button is again disabled and I again have to log off and on. HS seems to be the only game this is happening with.

1 Like

I have the same exact problem, ever since they did this forced update of the bnet app, I have to close bnet and reopen it to play hearthstone if i’m taking a break from classic.

I am experiencing the same thing I play WoW for a bit then want to do some Hearthstone I have to log out completely and log back in for it to allow me to launch Hearthstone.

Same problem here!! This is very annoying!!

Thanks for your reports! We’re seeing similar reports of this with certain versions of the Blizzard Application. If you will be able to email Log Goblin files over to techinfo@blizzard.com under the subject: Hearthstone - Login Required

This inbox is not monitored and will not send responses. It’s used to collect information for Customer Support to assist in troubleshooting.

Once the logs are sent, I’m curious if the Beta version of the Blizzard Application may serve as a workaround. This can be changed under Settings > Beta in the Blizzard Application.

“This inbox is not monitored” lol thne why would we ever send anything there…

Logfiles have been sent.

And I got an error back:

techinfo@blizzard.com (reading confirmation): 550 5.7.0 Message Size Violation

So, logfiles have NOT, in fact, been sent. Please send further instructions.

@BruteForce, this is a disclaimer to ensure that this email is purely for gathering information, and not used as a method to contact Customer Support. Totally understand the concern, though!

Thanks, Sariel! I received one so far, but it doesn’t look like I’ve gotten yours. Could you try re-running the Log Goblin and sending it through a different email if available?

Hey all,

Our engineers have made changes that should address the root cause of this issue. Please let us know if you are experiencing any new cases by replying to this thread.

Thank you.