Screen blurry after opening packs, quest pop up, or match completion

While playing the solo rumble I had just completed the quest play 20 cards in any game. After the screen blurred the background to reveal the 2 decks earned for completing the quest . the background remained blurred. the screen remained blurred even after I clicked the back button.

6 Likes

This is happening to me too - any ideas Blizz?

Same here. When I go open my packs, it clears back up. Otherwise I have to restart the game.

I am also having this issue. It’s happened a few times now on my Windows laptop.

Hey all,

Thanks for the reports. My current assumption is that an old bug is resurfacing. Please continue reporting this here.

After every Arena match this evening, when Hearthstone exited the match, my screen would go completely blurred and the game would only allow me to access the settings menu. I would have to exit the game and load the game to be able to que another match.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name DESKTOP-AQ4KSPV
System Manufacturer System manufacturer
System Model System Product Name
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU ASUS_MB_CNL
Processor Intel® Core™ i5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 3696 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 6 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 0602, 10/19/2018
SMBIOS Version 3.1
Embedded Controller Version 255.255
BIOS Mode UEFI
BaseBoard Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
BaseBoard Product ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING
BaseBoard Version Rev 1.xx
Platform Role Desktop
Secure Boot State Off
PCR7 Configuration Binding Not Possible
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = “10.0.17763.404”
User Name DESKTOP-AQ4KSPV
Time Zone Pacific Daylight Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB
Total Physical Memory 15.9 GB
Available Physical Memory 11.8 GB
Total Virtual Memory 18.3 GB
Available Virtual Memory 11.0 GB
Page File Space 2.38 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys
Kernel DMA Protection Off
Virtualization-based security Not enabled
Device Encryption Support Reasons for failed automatic device encryption: TPM is not usable, PCR7 binding is not supported, Hardware Security Test Interface failed and device is not InstantGo, Un-allowed DMA capable bus/device(s) detected, TPM is not usable
Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware No
Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 SC 8GB (Never been overclocked) driver version 425.31

I’m playing Hearthstone @ 4K Resolution, 60hz on the highest detail using an ASUS PB287Q

Corsair 700 Watt PSU

Samsung 500 GB 960 SSD

Is anyone else experiencing similar issues?

Screen is blurry after games for me, and it happened after opening packs too.

Here is the link to my blurry glitch, please help! imgur*com/Gc55fcr

I have the same issue, here is my link
imgur*com/ElzCDeY

I am experiencing the same issue

Thanks everyone! This is a known issue that we’re currently tracking and working on a resolution for.

The workaround to get past this, is to start a new match or restart the game client if the blurry screen comes up.

I’m also having the same problem.

Mine is doing this too… Blurry screen after completing quest it seems. happened last night and today thought it was my computer but I guess not that’s a relief

glad I’m not the only one having this problem. good to know people are working on it. Thanks

Still happening, for me was after exiting a Tavern Brawl.

Sent here from @BlizzardCS on twitter.

Screen blurry after beating a match
screen goes blurry after opening a pack of cards

(at least it aint game breaking, can still muddle around just no clue what my cards do haha )

Someone else tipped me, another fix is to open the card collection than close it.

Reporting in: I’ve been getting blurry screen after match completion. Have to quit and restart game to get normal view.

Not just blurry to me. The screen freeze after every end of the match and need to restart again and again just to play 1 game. Im using android phone btw.

Hello Invenzor!

Yours may be a separate issue, so I would ask you to post in the Bug Reports forum, and please include the following details about your phone:

Manufacturer
Model
Android OS Version

You can also review these common solutions for phone/tablet crashes:

Troubleshooting Hearthstone Crashes on Mobile Devices