Saviors of uldum Mage got trash. AGAIN

Been playing since beta. I have watched mage get garbage yet again.
We haven’t had any decent cards since Jaina rotated out.
Blizzard seems to have forgotten that mage is a direct dmg class with weak minions and no taunts and has instead made it a joke class with a bunch of trash RNG spells. I know almost nothing of constructing cards games like these and I’m confident I could have done a better job. For the what, third expansion in a row? mage gets absolute trash.
Way to fail again Blizz.

2 Likes

why do people state a starting point when telling stories. How does playing since beta give you more cred?

7 Likes

So you have already seen all mage cards have you?
You have 100% information to be able to make such statements right?

Want to share you knowledge with the rest of the class? Or is this just a tantrum about that one epic we’ve seen?

2 Likes

That’s called the Dunning-Kruger effect.

11 Likes

I didn’t make the statement for “cred” as you so eloquently stated, but for context. I have seen every expansion and every card thus far. Perhaps you shouldn’t be so quick to assume you know another’s intent before you post.

2 Likes

Man, mage sure is trash, not a single good deck. Yep, definitely no strong options for mage. You know what’d be strong? A full board of 8/8s on turn 6, too bad mage doesn’t have anything like that right now.

Really looks like mage is pretty reliant on this next expansion to give it a usable deck.

11 Likes

Expansions since Jaina rotated out: 1
Hmm ok.

Yes, the variety of Mage decks in Standard is way down since rotation. Rastakhan’s Mage cards were pretty decent for Odd Mage. Luna and Astromancer are pretty decent cards from Boomsday.

There are reasons for frustration but saying mage is a joke class, well is that really the case? When, oof look at Priest and Paladin in Rise of Shadows.

Yeah, cause having one viable deck that plays the exact same way every game is SO much fun. forget tempo. doesn’t exist. forget secrets. they killed it. Forget anything that doesn’t involve a #$%^ton of RNG.

Asking for multiple top tier decks is just greedy when some classes are completely in the dumpster.

Besides, the class does have options outside of cyclone deck. Freeze mage and dragon mage are both doing fine.

3 Likes

I would like to see a cool mage deck.

1 Like

Oh my, you are SO right!
I just looked at https://playhearthstone.com/en-us/cards?set=saviors-of-uldum&class=mage and it’s even worse than expected. Mage gets only two (2!) cards this expansion. Only two!!! One legendary, granted, and one epic - but no rares! and no commons!
They really should give Mage more cards.

(Oh, and in case anyone had not noticed - all of the above is sarcasm)

1 Like

just looked at the reno legendary. more RNGarbage

GTFO. >.>

1 Like

Can I have what you are smoking?

1 Like

I think all of the legendaries from the set with the no duplicate rule are kind of junk. But I honestly think reno is one of the better pieces of junk, especially if a 1 health paladin deck shows promise. Then thats 10 minion kills. Just wait and watch.

1 Like

Mage is really hurting so much.

If only there was a way to take 3 turns in a row in Wild?

Or how about playing 1 mana Antonidas and Alex?

Or if not that surely they would make it so that you can play a bunch of spells and refill your hand?

But no, Mage gets stuck with a 10 mana 4/12, cast a free spell every turn! Garbage!

Hit a little close to home?

Yes: “The game sucks because Blizzard hired too many women, racial minorities, lgbt, indigenous people and/or people with disabilities” hits way too close to home. Seriously, gtfo.

2 Likes

Hey I’ll have you know the aboriginals people created the doomerang card. They work just as hard as the rednecks.

The way you worded this response implies you did do so for credibility. You wanted to make it known that you have experience with the past content of the game so you know what you’re talking about. A.K.A. credibility.