Rumble Run broken after patch

I completed a Rumble Run with the divine shield pally deck. After the game completed on the 8th boss, a black screen covered most of the screen except for the friends list which could be opened. No other interactions available. Since then, exiting the game and trying to reopen Rumble Run sticks on “Loading” on the Rumble Run button. Normal play is available and I was able to start a game for Naxx adventure. I recreated this problem on mobile and PC.

3 Likes

Ran into the exact same issue, had just completed rumble run with healing priest.

2 Likes

Same here,

Finished a Rumble Run on the Americas server. Got 8 wins, and the screen that shows all the defeated AI’s didn’t appear. The game then promptly crashed. After reloading the game the rumble run gets stuck on “loading”, nothing else is clickable apart from the game menu and friends list buttons.

This is on PC, windows 10, game version 14.2.0.30795.

Did a scan and repair on the client, with result no repair needed. Tried loading in a different region (Europe), and the Rumble Run worked fine. However when switching back to the Americas region, it still did not work.

I wish you the best of luck with solving this issue, especially with the new solo content being released in a few days.

Kind Regards,

Suq.

2 Likes

pretty sure this is related to the new function

Single-player Reconnect – Players can now resume in-progress single-player content after game disconnects, closures, and crashes.
Please note that this is the first version of this feature and we plan to keep improving it over time.

1 Like

I am experiencing the same problem. Yesterday I lost a Rumble Run, then when I tried to start a new one, it just froze on “Loading”. I play primarily on mobile (android), but also tried on PC, which also freezes on “Loading”.

2 Likes

I have the same problem. I can’t start a rumble run anymore :frowning:

1 Like

For those of you who were affected by this, were you resuming a run that you had started prior to the patch on Tuesday?

1 Like

Good afternoon,

We are actively investigating this issue, but some additional details would be helpful in narrowing down the cause. If possible, please reply with the following information:

• Was your Rumble Run started prior to the latest patch update?

• Which boss did you face last in the Rumble Run?

• Did your Rumble Run end in Victory or Defeat?

• Were you able to view the end of run screen where the bosses you fought are displayed?

Thank you in advance!

1. Rumble Run was started and ended in 1 session yesterday.
  2. Can’t remember the boss.
  3. Run ended in defeat.
  4. The end of run screen started to load but most of the background was black and no boss portraits loaded. This is when it hung up. I can’t remember if it was a frozen program or loading ceased but menu was accessible.

Edit: I had posted over in the Technical support forum.

1. Repaired game and had nothing found.
  2. Waited on the screen for 5+ minutes but nothing happened.
  3. Played through a complete Kobolds and Catacombs Dungeon Run
  4. Deleted \ProgramData\Battle net
  5. Uninstalled and reinstalled Battle net
  6. Uninstalled and reinstalled Hearthstone

None of this has worked in Windows 10. Every other game mode I have tried works fine.

Started and finished before update, but closed the app before the end screen displayed.
Died on last boss of 8.
Defeat.
Did not see end screen, as I closed app before it came up.
In IOS it just crashes the App, on PC it just sticks at Loading on the button, and you can only quit the program.

I think it’s trying to display the end screen when I open it, and failing horribly.

1. No, picked shrine and finished after last patch.
  2. Don’t remember, the “healing enemies damages them instead” priest springs to mind, but I don’t know for certain if it was the last boss I faced.
  3. Victory after 8 wins
  4. No, The in game victory and celebration happened like normal, but the flip screen didn’t display. The screen just sat there black.

Thank you all for the responses! We have identified the cause of the issue and are working to resolve it in a future patch.

3 Likes

My rumble run was started prior to the patch. I played several bosses until I reached the final boss, which was voodoo warlock which I won. I did not get to the end of run screen, the crash came directly after the win right as I expected the end of run screen to display.

Also experiencing this bug after a run win. Don’t remember the boss or my character. Both Windows and Android apps get stuck in “Loading…” when launching a rumble game. All other game modes work fine