Rope bots are alive and failing?

I noticed the other day I was against a player that only used hero power. he never ended turn, you could see what looked like his mouse hovering over the hero power icon and then off then back on over and over again. The rope would end and I made a play and then he did the same thing over and over again.

At first i though i was being trolled but then last night my sister called and asked me to spectate her game. the same exact thing was happening to her.

needless to say it is a free win. Looks like a bot of some sort that was glitching out and only uses the hero power and then ropes as it is stuck pressing the hero power repeatedly.

anyone else experience this or know what the deal is?

XP farming bots. You get XP whether you win or lose, so even losing a lot of games still nets you quite a bit of XP.

oh wow. ok… making sure i wasn’t going crazy

It’s good. There should be more bots in the game. It is always a victory and a lot of experience. Bots go through the waste and are easy to beat))

Had a weird example myself some time ago where a rope bot played Shaman. So I just alt tabbed to let the bot play 4 Totems, and from there on out it was smooth sailing as the bot couldn’t interrupt the rope anymore.

I rarely saw it until recently. I’ve been tanking the crap out of my wild rating by doing achievements and now I’m seeing all sorts of them.

Blizzard has never fixed this hack, it has existed for years. Blizzard knows about it but chooses to do nothing.

It’s especially popular on chinese servers where almost everyone buys a hacked account. But it has infested Western servers too.

It’s usually warrior bots hovering over their hero power to keep roping the opponent on every turn until the opponent concedes.

Hovering and engaging the hero power resets the rope timer every turn, so they can maximize annoying the opponent.

They win enough fights on those accounts to gather a lot of gold, and they are then sold by Chinese bot farms.

3 Likes

just ran into a couple in classic, sure they are free wins, but it kills the game.

1 Like