[ROGUE PLAYERS] How Important Is Preparation to You?

Barnes untouched and Elysiana in Odd Warrior? Wild is gonna be so much fun!

No, it was in Feb not Jan.

Oct, Dec, Feb & May since you came back and, as I said, Dec’s was a knee-jerk reaction to a busted combo they introduced.

I doubt we will see another one until Sept/Oct this year (unless they actually listen to the feedback on wild/BP, but thats unlikely to happen), which will put it at 4 in 12 months. 1 above the avg. over the last 3 or so years.

My POV since coming back is nerf city as you can see.

They have nerf my main to oblivion so there is that affecting my emotions.

1 Like

Dont get me wrong, I can understand that. I personally want B&C rotated entirely 'cos, as a wild player, I’m sick of them being systematically destroyed for standard reasons when they resist even touching wild problem decks.

All I’m sayin is its pretty much normal nerf frequency outside of Decembers, which I doubt would have happened if not for the ICP/Shudder interaction.

1 Like

I was thinking they could nerf waggle pick by making it a 3/3. Less power, but slower to activate the shadow step effect. Then again, it would probably make rouges lean on leeroy jenkins more, sense the pick does give rouge some much needed high damage

Buff Shiv right now blizz.
Just do it to balance this out.

Thorodan. Isn’t trying to get blizzards attention like that against the community guidlines? Though i agree when compared to fan of knives shiv is lacking in power. Maybe 2 damage instead of 1?

1 Like

If blizzard isnt actively reading this forum anyways, I pray for the future of the game, who cares if you call them out by name. @blizzard nerfing preparation like this is a terrible decision and its going to lose you players.

1 Like

Preparation was played in every single competitive Rogue deck since this game began with the only exception over 4 years was Odd Rogue.

So 4 years of decks, only 1 was missing prep

How important do you think it is?

Thats sorta the problem with the card. If its THAT important that the class simply cant function with it being a 2 cost reduction (which I’m not convinced of), then thats a busted card.

It interacted with EVERY other spell more than 2 cost this way
Prep fan
Prep sprint
Prep assasinate
Prep walk the plank
Prep espionage
Prep shadow strike
the list goes on
It was ALWAYS used and the spells that exist are balanced around a 3cost discount possibility

And, again, if the CLASS cant survive with it being 2M reduction (again not convinced), then that shows just how broken it really is.

Nerfing this card nerfs ALL other rogue spells. This actually dumpsters the class. It was a crutch now its crippled and cant get up.

It’s definitely not on the same level as Ice Block or Wild Growth. I think it’s more impactful.
Those changes were super impactful to how the class was meant to be played.
At the same time though they also expanded what those classes were good at.
Giving Mage a more minion centered strategy so to not HAVE to fall back on block as it always did.
Druid has struggled abit more I must admit. I blame changing Nourish, Druid has been given different tools to try, with Token being the in thing right now.

Rogue though is going to have to change a lot IMO and I’m happy about that. No single card should ever be that prominent in a classes success. Ontop of that though is the fact that Rouges class ideas can now expand finally. What direction they go I dunno though.

1 Like

Wait and see, I can assure you the Prep nerf is not as bad as you believe.

You should be happy I’m not in charge, 'cos my nerf would have been giving it a “but not less than (1)” condition like Summoning Portal. Admittedly, I would do that to all cost reduction effect unless otherwise specified, but I can assure you THAT change would be significantly worse than -1M on the effect of Prep!

I think that preparation is vital to a class that has been severely chronically underpowered for most of the existence of this game title. No other class is consistently given mainly burgle type cards expecting you to win games with random, unsynergized trash cards and/or skill testing Auctioneer turns. Not to mention 6 years of trash legendaries, and chronic inattention & love from the game designers. It has literally been historically the most difficult class to win a game with.

Nerfing Prep is a signficant move to make, and will not only destroy Rogue in the current meta but also destroy almost every existing Roguenew and olf deck you’d see in Standard and Wild. So just what about the 45% win rate that most Rogue decks historically have have needed to have that get further nerfed??? This move is very, very poor design judgement and makes me wonder why such bad game design decisions are being made at a top company. It’s just far too much kneejerk collateral damage to make in response to a deck that’s been OP for a couple of weeks. they should have just taken a shot at Toggwaggle’s Pick or something, but noooo they needed to break every single Rogue deck??

I’ve spent a TON of hard US cash and arcane dust on a variety of Rogue decks, most of which are worthless now. I feel almost like money was taken from me.

Plus 3 nerfs at one time is just too much- not even Jade Druid/Infested DK Druid got nerfed this hard (i.e. minor and inconsequential nerf to Spreading Plague) and it was a far more broken deck especially with that 10 mana UI card never even getting nerfed.

It actually doesn’t make sense, and is kind of disturbing judgement. What is going on in this team??

I could understand if they were phasing it out slowely and introducing new spells at the same time. This is not the case. Why didn’t they plan this at a rotation? Seriously…

Like bladefurry? If we get anything at all will be years from now.

I think the reason there being so carefull with rouge can be sumed up in two words: Miracle rouge. They probably didn’t intend for miracle rouge to be a thing, and are scared of rouges power level and are trying to diverse what rouge can do, while trying not to give it too much power

I’m a rouge main (Currently disenchanted every other card from other classes for barista lychen…), and think the preperation nerf is just an oppertunity for players to get creative with rouge decks. I also think spirit of the shark is an insteresting new tool for rouges to play with and can lead to some creative decks. Also togglewagle seems OP to me

So quit your whinning about prep nerf and get creative with what kind of decks you can run. I’m sure your all a lot smarter than me and can figure out something cool

prep party was zero mana,now its 2 mana. That wont survive so for that deck it was very important. There isn’t that many atractive prep targets left if raiding party isn’t worth it anymore. Prep a sap or evis? its a bit meh. Prep as a 0 mana combo activator is also not great but if you happen to want to evis or sap as well then it can work out. Sprint 5 mana,rogue relies on tempo I don’t think sprint is good anymore.
Myra is still insane and prep nerf isn’t a big difference there. Rogue can still yolo myra into nomi. But with party gone is running prep still worth it,are there enough good targets? Maybe eventually with new cards but for now I doubt prep will survive. Maybe if auctioner comes back in rogue it will see play again.

Prep was very important but equally important where the targets prep has. If you remove either of them then the other part of the deck will most likely also collapse. And just to be sure they hit both.