Rogue nerf UNFAIR and UNCALLED for

Rogue was balanced, it’s not even a question. Average win rate. Average play rate, and the achieved playrate only due to brain dead players.

Nobody was whining. People who played meme decks were the only ones who were but let’s face it they whine about every deck that beats them…

Rip rogue class identity. Rip bad tutor draw. And the lackey card, the only GOOD rogue card beside heistbaron toggwaggle got nerfed way too lightly…

Smh blizzard fix ur game

1 Like

Rogue is too pervasive having about a 30% win rate in high legend. Every deck is designed to be against rogue. Weapon breaker, rat trap, etc. Warrior become widely played because it can beat rogue. And this lead to mage and hunter who is beating warrior to rise. Take rogue away, I can’t imagine the meta shift. People may not feel incentivise to play control warrior anymore. The aggressive token, shaman and zoo may rise again. Simply unpredictable.

2 Likes

You bring a troll aside…

It was shaping the meta to much. And they have numbers that probably proved that average win rate was because of bad play by certain people and that it was actually a very high win rate when played right and needed to be brought into shape. and yea they probably went a bit hard on it but what can you do.

1 Like

I thought the nerf was necessary but the one card, Prep, was going too far.

They had an average win rate because of people like a Rogue I spectated at rank 19 (I was watching a friend for the quest, friend was playing Hunter)

Coin Waggle Pick on 3, swing face. Play Miscreant and nothing else on 4, sit for 4 turns with a Pick at 1 use because he was afraid of the Deathrattle. Eventually used his last Pick swing with an empty board, then played Leeroy, went face and passed.

Tempo Rogue had an average win rate if you looked at it across all ranks because a lot of the people playing it suck at playing it. In the hands of an experienced Rogue player the deck was absolutely frightening and completely meta defining.

I’m very interested in seeing how things change on the 22nd

1 Like

All of what you stated is fundamentally wrong I’m sorry.

Rogue was clearly head and shoulders above the rest.
With the entire meta being dictated by Raiding Party and Preperation. Coupled with misscrient it was too consistent and had plenty of gas to complete with pretty much everything.

Slowing this process down is what the nerfs are designed to do and is the correct thing to do.
Whether you like it or not.

IF you think that one class is played more than 6 others all together is balanced you need to sign up for math classes.

Fine, bring on aggro versus any type of extremely boring control warrior or priest nonsense. At least aggro is more easily countered and the games don’t take 45 minutes.

Someone is new to Hearthstone, I see. Looks like they haven’t figured out that Rogue cards are popular nerf targets.

Cold Blood, Leeching Poison, Caverns Below TWICE, and now add Raiding Party, EVIL Miscreant and Preparation. Just from the last two years alone. And I know that other cards Rogue used have been hit in the past.

No it wasnt balanced but neither is nerfibg prep and not changing cost of spells same when druid had ramp nerfed. Classes are designed around it you dont nerf that without touching the rest

Yeah but miscreant does little party the card tgat causes issues it being nerfed is fine. Nerfing prep like druids ramp is huge mistake

It is Blizzard, small indie company, they always used this Fotm classes system to put different classes to highest power so people keep spending their resources on all of them in a bigger time span, while having fun with the actual OP p2win no brainer Iwin class.

its really simple, do you believe is balanced that you can toss a 16/16 on turn 3, while having a 4/2 weapon for next turn with 2 posible 3/3 taunts or 2 charge pirates to deal with the little taunts you can came out in turn 4, and if you have a strong taunt they could just sap it for edwin to smash your head, all of this while you keep refilling your hand with RP and lackeys? and if everything fails, you can still have myra for a final push with nomi.

Don’t get me wrong, i don’t like nerfs, but i see it really justified giving how busted the combo was sometimes

I’ve played almost nothing but Rogue this month because I am pushing for the golden hero. The deck is absolutely overpowered. The only reason it gets ‘reasonable’ win rates is because the meta is warped around beating it, and then beating what beats it. Raiding Party is an absurd card that shouldn’t have been released in it’s current form. The Miscreant nerf is kind of pointless - slightly less chance to survive and get bounced on a later turn - whatever. The Prep nerf hurts, but I think is necessary. It just enables too many things and opens the door to too many problems, both current and future. I’m glad it finally got some attention.

1 Like

The metagame was warped because of Lackey Rogue. I am so sorry you actually have to work at climbing ladder now.

1 Like