RNG - Perfect Answer

How are people getting the perfect answer when discovering something?

Because you remember the times they do and not the times they don’t.

7 Likes

Fair, However there are so many cards…and the discovery RNG seem to always favor something they need.

You can share replays if you want to demonstrate rigging. But, you won’t and you probably lost and are salty. And also (as pointed out by @Conradus) you are suffering from confirmation bias. Lastly, the pool of cards available to Discover is dependent on the text of the Discover card and not as large as you are imagining.

Possibly salty, but I wouldn’t accuse hearthstone or my opponent of rigging. It just seems that the RNG is sometimes set to “Zephrys the great”.

Because your opponent belives in the heart of the cards and you dont.

5 Likes

The heart of my cards needs a bypass.

5 Likes

and that´s because like zephrys often times a good player knows how to manipulate the odds in his favour when discovering, knowing exactly what their best chance of an out actually is.

that being said i also died twice today to the ship just handing out a 7/1weapon+smite on it´s first turn, sometimes it´s just stupid like that.

Because they’re not. Most situations could be resolved with 5-6 cards. Occasionally people get a “perfect answer” but as a prolific rng enjoyer, it’s hella rare. That’s why Trolden is a thing.

For a single big minion, either Cone of Cold, Devolving Missiles, Snap Freeze are solutions, just thinking about say, mage cards. Your opponent can get discovers into this, as say, Runed orb into any of those.

Bam, 4 different answers in a single class that could all be discovered and called the perfect one.

1 Like

The whole point of Zephrys is to discover the perfect card for any scenario. That’s why it has such severe deckbuilding restrictions. There’s a whole AI designed just for this card to give you the perfect Legacy set card for any situation. It reads health totals, board state, remaining mana, and more to offer you the best options. 6 damage off lethal? Fireball! Enemy board too big? Twisting Nether! Not much on the board, no immediate threats or opportunities for either player? Tirion Fordring is a great card!

2 Likes

Thank you everyone for your feedback. It was the heat of the moment when I posted this and I now can see that my opponent just got lucky.

Anyways, I am thinking of starting a new thread called “Top Deck - Perfect Answer”

what do you guys think?

Everyone hates RND because the game AI is actually playing the game and when you design a deck that dodges RND the game system finds a way to crimp your progress.

system control = poor gameplay experience

the sad thing is that Rogue card in the new expansion is all about RNG “gain cards from another class”
It seems that all other classes got little RND and they piled up RNG on Rogue.

SH**

1 Like

that´s actually not true, Zephrys had been hardcoded. that´s why you could manipulate him to a very high degree.

Because this trash game is girred as f***.

1 Like

That is the only thing that makes Rogue fun. I mean the other classes have heals, removal and rogue gets stealth with some weapon buffs that do not add durability. Every card in my current rogue deck generates a card somehow. Card theft and tricks should be the main rogue identity with stealth.