RNG clown Fiesta

So I used to play hearthstone back when Freeze mage and Handlock were doing the rounds. Can someone explain at what point did this game go down the road of card effect RNG nonsense. Just about every deck is designed around winning games from cards that aren’t in your starting decks, I think it’s utterly awful, does anyone else feel the same? I mean jackpot Rogue is comical.

1 Like

If by “just about every deck”, you mean “exactly one of the currently popular archetypes and not even a good one to boot”, then you are totally right that “just about every deck is designed around winning games from cards that aren’t in your starting decks”.

The issue with this deck archetype is that you can highroll … but you can also lowroll. It’s way to inconsistent to ever be truly competitive and generally mostly played as a meme deck for fun.
Yes, the archetype has been pushed in the recent expansion by Blizzard, after earlier attempts constantly failed. It is now at a whopping 19th place in the ranking of deck archetypes, boasting an impressive 48.30% win rate.
(Source: https://hsreplay.net/meta/#rankRange=GOLD)

1 Like

facehunter existed 8 years ago, it still exists today

also played as handlock and freeze mages can go to heck :slight_smile:

So you returned to a game you haven’t played in a while and lost a couple games, and your first thought was “I should complain on the forums. I’ve discovered an issue with the game that no one else has ever noticed and my poorly informed complaining will help”?

1 Like

RNG effects are “controlled” in the sense that there are common card pools/effects/spells chosen. But I agree, games feel frustrating when you lose even if you play well