Rise of Shadows Q&A - April 22, 2019

I also hope Flavor Text makes it into Mobile…it sucks missing out on easter eggs while in-game to further enjoy my collection.

It DOES work for wild. You can convert wild decks to standard just the way you are moving the standard decks around to wild for the placement you want. It does ask for you to switch, but you don’t have to.

1 Like

Have you guys considered new format similar to wild in which we would have some of the expansions from past but not all of them like we have in wild?
For example we could have a mix of The Grand Tournament, One Night in Karazhan and Knights of the Frozen Throne.
I think some of the old cards that never saw play and currently are too weak in wild could work with cards from newer sets and create new decks (e.g. cards with inspire mechanic in combination with death knight hero cards).
Expansions in this format would change every year. I know you’ve done something similar with arena where now we have cards from new and older expansions and I would like to see a whole new format!

1 Like

I’ve proposed the idea once, about having old “standards” being available to play with past metas/ standard environment without resorting to Wild and the ugly Decks that are unfun to go against… Id gladly like to enjoy my past Decks without being bombarded by Rez Priest amd similar deck design shenanigans

3 Likes

But really it would of been nice if they answered on the more deck slots question… Just wanted to know if I had to struggle playing all of decks still

1 Like

Value isn’t determined by whether I can sell it. Just like cards/packs from traditional card games, older sets should be less accessible once they are retired. How they are obtainable now is already great.

My question is… where is Kael’thas ? Blizzard where is KAEL’THAS !

4 Likes

Extremely disappointed with the decision of the current dev team to bring back the older card backs. This is like the only reward that veteran players have and you are taking it away from them. OMG, what a terrible idea…
Personally I thought one of the best decisions made by Brode was when he eventually retracted the idea after he said this was something being looked into.

4 Likes

And don’t forget Lady Vashj. I’d love for Kaelthas to be an alt Hero or if not, Legendary card, same with Vashj.

Yupe. My 2014 icecrown cardback gonna be worthless.

Extremely disappointed with the decision of the current dev team to bring back the older card backs. There isn’t enough to reward veterans for sticking around and they are taking this away. :frowning:

It seems like devs are not replying anymore today

vashj is a budget Azshara. we can go with Azshara herself instead. And of course KAEL’THAS.

1 Like

I disagree, Vashj is an old veteran of Warcraft’s characters with Warcraft 3 (our first introduction to the Naga) and in WoW’s first Expansion as a pretty tough fight, requiring a lot of coordination. She deserves more than being called that. Story/lore wise…without her, Kaelthas wouldn’t be around and joined Illidan. Both seeking a new life for their cursed kind. Plus her old voice actress was awesome.

Azshara is a boring cliche imo, wanted more power, willingly made a deal with the Devil type of thing and doomed her people. I’d be fine with her as a Legendary and leave it at that.

I own all the seasonal card backs and won’t mind one bit

Devs always said they wanted to bring back old cardbacks

1 Like

Vash’j was Azshara’s handmaiden. Idk how you think she can be possibly a cooler character than Azshara but you are entitled to your own opinion.

As warcraft 3 stuff for some reason we still don’t have Archimond , dredlords or even (Local) general garithos (which had no ties to real alliance in the south) in the game.

1 Like

Of all things, as a veteran player started since May 2015, I can assure you that bringing older card backs isn’t an issue for me. There are bigger problems than your complaints in this game.

6 Likes

Thanks for respecting that, as for a reason. Ive known and grew up with Vashj and her awesome Naga form and use of bow. Not to mention that just because a character is the biggest character, doesn’t automatically make them the best. Plenty of side characters/underlings have way more to them than ( charm, characterization) the supposed higher ups.

I found Vashj to,have more depth to,her seeking out a place for her outcasted ilk, than Azshara being a power hungry Highborne that continues it…she’ immensely one-dimensional and therefore boring.

Speaking of voice actors to this day I’m still mad why they never brought back the original Arthas. At least they will bring back the original kael.

Firstly, thanks a LOT for answering. I never expected an Artist to reply :smiley:

Now, I don’t know if you’ll ever read his but if you do, please consider making multiple new rewards at different tiers.

What I mean by that is if you were to add new cosmetics at 1000 wins and nothing else, some players would already be done since there’s quite a bit of these ‘‘crazy’’ Hearthstone players who’ve already have 1000 wins across all classes so I think it would be best if you made multiple different rewards for new tiers, 1000, 1500, 2000, etc.

I understand that it’s going to take time and work but I still plan to play Hearthstone for the next 10 years so I’d be a shame if we only had a new tier of portraits at 1000! There’s no reason not to work on cosmetics that would take years to achieve, we’re going to be playing for many years!

I’m talking for myself but I’m already over 1400 wins across all classes… I’m hoping there won’t be a ceiling on these cosmetic rewards. Don’t be afraid to make the last tier ridiculously hard to achieve like 2500 wins on a class. There will be players achieving them, some of them already have above 2500 wins on a class!

Also another idea, if you were to make new tiers at like 1000, 1500, 2000, 2500 wins, I think it would be a great addition to add a special card back for each tier once a player reaches that tier on all the classes. So for a player who has all 9 golden heroes, he would receive a special card back, same thing for each newer tiers, that way you can show off to everybody how much of a Hearthstone mad man you are :smiley: