Rise of Shadows Q&A - April 22, 2019

Where’s Tournament mode? That was a feature myself and many others have requested ever since the game first came out. To have it promised during Year of the Raven only for it to get delayed indefinitely left a sense of betrayal in our hearts.

5 Likes

Yes where is the tournament mode that was promised?

4 Likes

I think he really wanted to make himself something cool that the League could rally around, but Togwaggle got super confused about how many fingers it was supposed to have so he gave up and just glued the staff to his arm.:frowning:

(This is actually canon, we have some very stupid conversations at team breakfasts.)

12 Likes

That’s awesome, glad to hear it!:smiley:

We’re working on ways to get Hero Skins out more often! There are two primary reasons there’ve been relatively few historically - the main one just being that we want them to continue to be something a little more rare and special (something rarer/higher-impact than card backs, for instance). We don’t want the game to get oversaturated with them, but we know they’re something that people really love so we are looking for ways to release more. On the practical side, a lot of that’s just come down to workload (for instance, on VFX they’re one of the two most time-consuming pieces in the game for us, along with pack openings). We’ve been adding some ways lately (and are working on some more) to make the whole process faster, both for FX and everyone else involved, while still keeping them looking rad, so hopefully that’ll help with getting more Hero Skins out to y’all as well.:slight_smile:

10 Likes

Any chance you revert the nerf to Emerald Spellstone? The card was strong in standard but fine in Wild. The card feel too slow now in comparison to aggro decks or early big minion decks.

1 Like

We are.:slight_smile: Obviously these are conversations that take place across/between the entire team, but on the art side we’ve been having a lot of chats recently about our part in those and what’ll make for cool rewards.

10 Likes

Is there any chance we’ll see some sort of survivability options for kingsbane rogue? I really miss the slower version, and I hope that at some point I’ll be able to play something similar again.

4 Likes

You don’t need need survivability when you win the game by turn 6 with kingsbane rouge.

1 Like

It would also be nice to have a separate ladder with faster turn limits. Tired of being intentionally roped by opponents.

3 Likes

if thats stuff you have at team breakfasts id love to hear more about those stupid ideas/conservations.

Is there a plan to add a setting to permanently disable emotes? Emote spamming and BM sometimes can be discouraging.

1 Like

Brawliseum feels the same as Ranked. Adding a cosmetic for Brawliseums at the Quest screen like how arena wins are displayed (with a max key) would incentivize me to play the format.

As a new player I wasn’t given the chance to buy old adventures with in-game gold, after their rotating out of standard. Are you willing to release it again, so that everyone can play the solo missions at least?

10 Likes

The solo missions from past adventures can be bought from the Blizzard Store.

The keywords here are: in-game gold.

4 Likes

I don’t want to win the game by turn 6.

2 Likes

This comment shows why Wild shop is needed. New and old players really like to buy old content via gold or money. Why is it really hard to implement? Please answer this, Blizzard.

9 Likes

Yes, for real, why can’t we get old-content back into the shop to be purchasable with gold? Wild is literally money-locked. Please, can we get an answer on this already? Saying that it’s confusing for new players isn’t going to cut it anymore – Wild is already locked for anyone under rank 25.

Saying that it pollutes the shop is a non-answer, like, really, the shop is almost empty.

5 Likes

Thanks Stephen, i appreciate the response!

2 Likes

Oh wait, so you are going to replace the Baku and Genn, am I right? Or did I miss something?