Rise of Shadows pre-purchase temporarily disabled

As we put out today’s update, we discovered an issue where certain people who purchased the new Rise of Shadows card pack bundles could be incorrectly granted a legendary from other card sets.

As a result, we have temporarily disabled purchasing from the web shop, and we expect to have this back online soon. We will provide an update as soon as we’ve reenabled purchasing via the store.

For those who received one of these incorrect legendary cards, we know this was probably confusing so we apologize for that. We’re talking about how to resolve this, and will also update ASAP.

Thanks for your understanding on this and sorry again for the confusion. We’ll be providing updates as they come in.

That’s a relief, I was confused when i opened up the game and received a golden Twig of the World Tree, I would still like my Rise of Shadows golden legendary though, I’d be fine with losing the Twig for it.

1 Like

Hang tight! We’re working on getting that fixed and will be posting updates in this thread. Thanks for being so understanding :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Is this why I didn’t get my card back and new hero when i logged in after pre-purchasing, or do those come later, because i didn’t even get a wrong legendary.

2 Likes

We had to turn the shop feature off and it may have disrupted your purchase. We’re still working kinks out but once the shop is back up you should receive your items. If you still don’t get them after that I’d recommend submitting a ticket so we can properly investigate and help you out.

So for the players who has already got a golden legendary card, will they recieve another golden legendary or they will get nothing?

I want two golden legendaries too :slight_smile:

1 Like

I got a Ben Brode card…

I just purchased the league of explorers expansion because I am slowly moving towards wild. I haven’t received it yet and was wondering if it is because the in-game shop is frozen.

Play it and post results! This bug doesn’t just give people legendaries from old sets - it’s given some people uncollectible legendaries. Someone on Reddit got the Crowley hero from the Hagatha boss, and was able to use it on ladder. I saw one image of someone who got the Nefarian boss minion from a Tavern Brawl.

Thanks for your patience while we worked through this. We’ve discovered why legendary and golden legendary cards were being granted, resolved the bug, and are working to get the shop back online ASAP. The current estimate is a couple of hours, but we’ll stay on top of it and update as soon as we know more.

If you received an incorrect legendary or golden legendary card, you’ll still get the appropriate Rise of Shadows legendary or golden legendary card when it becomes available.

Again, thanks for bearing with us and we’re sorry for the confusion.

3 Likes

What about the people who didn’t greedily rush out and pre-order the expansion. Will they also receive a free golden legendary? (In addition to the one from Rise of Shadows)

1 Like

I echo your sentiment except for how you call prompt people “greedy”

Contrary to what the news and social media may suggest… everyone can’t be first, or equal.

When there is a free for all, don’t be meek and complain because you weren’t quick enough.

But yes, I like free stuff too and wouldn’t mind getting the benefit given by a mistake. I just don’t begrudge those people who got what they got.

3 Likes

Indeed; spending that kind of money on pixels is the opposite of greed.

2 Likes

Is there a way I can get a priest hero portrait without spending $80?

I 100000% recommend not playing Wild, but to each their own. The more cards that come out, the more out of control it’s going to become. There will be 1 or 2 OP OP OP decks that everyone is going to play so either:

1. 50% of games are a mirror match; or
  2. You don’t have those cards and it’s insta-concede.

But like I say, to each their own.

There is not. You used to be able to buy them for $10 each, but now they only seem to come in the big bundles.

What about Tyrande? Blizz has said she’s coming back, does this mean she probably isn’t?

Me too, same situation here…