RIP Battlegrounds

Nyaaaaaargh!!!

They couldn’t just leave one flippin part of Hearthstone nice and balanced. It is now just an RNG tumble-dryer like the rest of Hearthstone :frowning:

How did they manage to break the entire game in half a year…

6 Likes

It’s BETA chill they are still working on it.

2 Likes

I actually think the recent updates were good … like Murlocs are unbeatable at certain point but hard to pull off. Pirates are great as long as you play them from the very early turns. Mechs are solid but will lose if not big enough or if there are murlocs, etc, etc.

I mean, far from perfect but i don’t think is in a bad spot as of now … sure, aside the horrible pass system.

1 Like

Personly i feel it is the most balanced as it ever where (except for beasts, they are pointless now)

1 Like

beasts need a bit of help (not sure why they brought in the goldrinn nerf)
and they need to delete arcane cannon. Arguably one of the worst cards they have introduced into the battlegrounds.

3 Likes

I agree bgs is so disappointing now

They won’t nerf murlocs not pirates but the rest just get destroyed

Of course you will have fan boys say that it’s balanced and it’s all great

They have no clue what balance is but they say it anyway

To the OP please don’t respond to the bum lickers

Just ignore them

2 Likes

More specifically… half a year ago you could get away with playing just about anything in BG as long as you played it well and went with the flow of luck a bit… I only rarely found myself with such bad relative luck I had no chance

Now it is the other way around; either I am relatively lucky and get one of the killer combos or I’m not and I die hopelessly… that middle-ground where you can fight back, which made the game for me, is now so thin it rarely happens.

They did the exact same thing with the main game to the point where I couldn’t bring myself to play anymore, having spent hundreds of dollars on the game (that and their dumb SSL socket coding that keeps booting many of us that they refuse to fix - even though I told them exactly how to do so; it’s like a one line damned fix that would make thousands of customers experience a playable one again, but they don’t give a damn). I really used to enjoy playing the main game until it became an RNJesus slaughterhouse this year.

That’s what I mean by balanced… they killed it with combos and added too many cards in the process, messing with the RNG… so you either get a combo or your odds of getting some balance to fight back are slim at best

Wombo combos should be unlikely, and balanced games likely… they don’t seem to have a grasp of basic Bayesian statistics

2 Likes

There is a simple strategy for Bgs now. Force murlocs, if murlocs are banned force pirates.
Murlocs win the long game and there are enough early pirates which do a tonne of damage and can buff each other quite early.

It really does feel like “go Murloc or go home” lately.

2 Likes

I totally agree with “go murlocs or go home” right now. I don’t go murlocs every round, so I get a LOT of 3rd place to the 2 guys who went murlocs and found it. I totally get that you can’t always pull off the murloc thing, but since it’s essentially unbeatable when you do find the one or two pieces you need at the end you pretty much invariably have at least 4 people trying to do it, meaning probably 2 of them will get there.

This was more or less true in the last patch and the current changes literally did nothing but exacerbate the issue. First, by adding pirates into rotation it just naturally means there will be fewer games where there are no murlocs.
Second, they added Amalgam. A murloc that can benefit from every battlecry in the game, comes with an adaptation or two built in, and (worst thing, I think) removes the murloc’s one weakness that they don’t do a lot of after-battle damage by handing them a very good 6-star murloc.

I mean, seriously, is anybody having games where the final 3 doesn’t include 2 murloc players who “got there”?

I don’t mind losing out in the top 4, but I gotta say I am seriously bored with losing to diving shield, poison, windfury, plant, murlocs who also have giant bodies.

P.S. I said day one about Cannon: “This is the new way to infuriate the players”
P.P.S. Shifting Goldrenn to 6 is ridiculous with Baron still at 5 and Macaw still at 3. The wolf was not the issue and was the one part of the combo that helped beasts have other options than going strictly macaw/baron.

1 Like

LOL … ‘Beta’ … the excuse for games running like st or incomplete … they are charging money for very little change [an extra 2 picks and stty emotes] - to me true Beta is completely free as we are basically testers

1 Like

If there are players willing to pay to play a game that’s in Beta, then I don’t see the problem.

It’s been like that ever since its beginning.
It will never be anything more.

Boring as all hell hell

1 Like

absolutely. The issue is that it’s hard to try and find other companies because you normally get stumped so hard because of these two

BG is more fun than before but there are still core issues of the game they need to address.

1. For the love of god, fix the token damage! Any card that is summoned from DR cards should deal 1 damage per token. Taking 25 damage from Boat midgame is the most stupid thing ever, i don’t understand how they haven’t addressed this yet.

2. They need to improve the matching RNG. They did improve it at some point, making so you cant queue into the same guy for the next 3 turns, but the only thing that solves is that everyone queues the ghost in a fair order when there are 3 people left. The overall queue RNG can still be unfair you can still have games where you queue into one guy 3 times and you never queue into another guy the entire game.

3. When there are 2 people left in the lobby, if 1 attacks first in the first fight, in 2nd fight the other guy should attack 1st. And repeat.

BG still has a lot of things to improve but the overall experience is getting better.

Game is mostly fine, I just don’t like how they avoid obvious changes that are needed… like when Maiev came out, it was obviously horrible and took a while to change. And Lich Baziel is now ridiculously underpowered considering Kragg… Sure you can only get the gold once, you have to wait for it, but it doesn’t cost you 16-20 life to get it. Lich’s fast early game isn’t worth taking 10 damage. It’s why you don’t play Vulgar H. Lich needs to be 1 damage, gain 1 gold, like yesterday. And the Patchwerk nerf should also be reverted. It’s nice having a near free “win.” knowing you’re probably playing for 3rd to 5th place, but for climbing the ranks, Patch was the best. 10 extra health - do nothing, is too weak now.

Heroes are getting power-creeped majorly. Even Millificent with her original hero power is left in the dust. Pre-patch Maiev was on par with the previous standard. She was fun because she had ridiculous high-roll potential like Millhouse, and you had to weigh serious pros and cons with her hero power like Sindragosa, not just “wait for jackpot” like it is now. Now Maeiv is simply excellent and you really can’t go wrong with choosing her. Not even half as fun for me.

But mid-range minions seem to be more relevant than before, which is cool.

Wouldn’t it be that maybe you don’t know about balance and are nothing more than a hater ??? i mean … that could also happen right ???

every complaint thread you’re the first response defending Blizzard and telling the customer, ooops, original poster how wrong they are.

Do you work for Blizzard or is this just a “thing” you are compelled to do?